Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do you guys do during the off-season??

Yeen80

I've been craving football ever since the season ended and am counting down the days until training camp '09. I'm sure many of you are the same way. Basketball and Baseball simply just don't cut it for me.

I have a bunch of Skins games from '08 on my DVR and I just try and watch them all again....win or loss. I also pop in some older Skins DVD's from time to time as a change of pace.

Just wanted to know what some of you guys do for your Skins fix during the months of February-July?

Well I go to church and I go to work and I hang out with my friends... oh right football. :silly:

I'm not addicted to the Redskins so I don't need a fix, but when I'm missing my Ravens (and really this is my first offseason since I'm a new football fan) I scour the internet for highlights ('cause I'm cheap and I don't buy dvds) play madden, look at football sites to see whats new, search for sales on apparel, and collectibles and what have you,and wait and wait and wait for the season to start.

LOL. Well I do have a 45 hour a week job too ya know ;)

But I've been a fan since I was 13 and each year I find it more and more agonizing to drag through the offseason.

I'm currently in the middle of the Seattle game. It's just good to see some football

LOL. Well I do have a 45 hour a week job too ya know ;)

But I've been a fan since I was 13 and each year I find it more and more agonizing to drag through the offseason.

I'm currently in the middle of the Seattle game. It's just good to see some football

Well I've been a fan since I was 18 and I'm now... 18.

I'd like to watch some games too, especially considering the fact that I missed most of the '08 season and it would all be brand new; but I've seen the prices for some of those dvds and it just isn't worth it to me so all I have are highlights. But they are some kickin' highlights. :)

Especially living in Maryland, it's easy to have the Redskins be my main team. However, they aren't my only team. My main focus September-December (and hopefully a playoff run in January!) is Redskin football. I'm not that interested in the playoffs if the Redskins aren't playing or I'm not scouting a potential opponent. Once Redskin season ends, we're in the heart of college hockey season (playoffs start in March, and season runs through early April), so I shift my attention to my beloved Cornell hockey (I'm a Cornell alum). Living in Maryland, that's only based on getting to see a handful of games on TV, reading things over the Internet, and listening to games I can pick up for free (I refuse to pay to listen to a radio broadcast!). College hockey season ends just as baseball season is starting, so then my focus turns to the Mets. I watch whatever games I can get on TV and otherwise follow the team through reading online. So, I have sports that fill the Redskin offseason and help the time to pass, but there's nothing like the excitement of Redskins football!

I should add that I'm not normally into lacrosse, but I watched several games this year because Cornell was doing so well (the national title game was today, and we lost in OT :doh:). Lax is an awesome sport, and I'd like to pay more attention to it in the future.

Other than working and hanging with friends as much as possible. I try and read this board as much as a I can, read the paper on the skins, watch ESPN and NFL network on the skins. I'm like a meth addict and I keep only getting a taste, and want more. By August I'm ready to start killing people for a hit.

I've been craving football ever since the season ended and am counting down the days until training camp '09. I'm sure many of you are the same way. Basketball and Baseball simply just don't cut it for me.

I have a bunch of Skins games from '08 on my DVR and I just try and watch them all again....win or loss. I also pop in some older Skins DVD's from time to time as a change of pace.

Just wanted to know what some of you guys do for your Skins fix during the months of February-July?

I am also a huge Braves fan. So that helps. I also love Nascar, and im in some fantasy leagues with that.

Also, with my Sunday's full during the season, I like the off season because it gives me a chance to do other things on Sundays, once the season is over, like watching movies, or visiting the family.

The NFL Network has been huge in recent years especially with NFL Replay, and classic games. It definetly is refereshing being able to see some football.

I'm usually tied down with work and spending time with my family and girlfriend.

Sunday Ticket Short Cuts and NFL Replay are DVR staples. Also, since I am a Mets fan I can watch their games to get my sports fix, but it's really not the same. I still try to read as much Redskins info as possible online everyday.

Lot to do during the offseason. Focus full time on conference play in NCAA basketball leading up to the tournament. Then of course the best playoffs in sports, followed by the start of the baseball season, and the NHL playoffs. After the NHL and NBA are done, there's a month of interleague baseball, and before you know it it's preseason time.

Especially living in Maryland, it's easy to have the Redskins be my main team. However, they aren't my only team. My main focus September-December (and hopefully a playoff run in January!) is Redskin football. I'm not that interested in the playoffs if the Redskins aren't playing or I'm not scouting a potential opponent. Once Redskin season ends, we're in the heart of college hockey season (playoffs start in March, and season runs through early April), so I shift my attention to my beloved Cornell hockey (I'm a Cornell alum). Living in Maryland, that's only based on getting to see a handful of games on TV, reading things over the Internet, and listening to games I can pick up for free (I refuse to pay to listen to a radio broadcast!). College hockey season ends just as baseball season is starting, so then my focus turns to the Mets. I watch whatever games I can get on TV and otherwise follow the team through reading online. So, I have sports that fill the Redskin offseason and help the time to pass, but there's nothing like the excitement of Redskins football!

I should add that I'm not normally into lacrosse, but I watched several games this year because Cornell was doing so well (the national title game was today, and we lost in OT :doh:). Lax is an awesome sport, and I'd like to pay more attention to it in the future.

My son is a Cornell Alum. Dec. 2005

I try to stay away from sharp objects. This is the worst part of the offseason! It's the only time of year when there's absolutely no reports of interest. Until maybe June's OTAs or the next FA period in July. I just try to forget about football most of the time.

Relax some. Without football my life is less structured. Don't need to worry about missing games in baseball/bball/hockey.

This off-season in particular I have spent time upgrading my tailgating experience with a new grill and other accessories.

Heavy Dose of redskins.com, extremeskins.com, bleacherreport.com, Redskins Nation on comcast at 1030p and the nfl network, with a dash of nba playoff. OH YEAH, CALL OF DUTY 5. Now that really helps relieve stress!

Being a baseball fan also makes the offseason easier to bear. I come here every day to check out what's happening with the Skins but it gets frustrating when there's little or no news. I was eating up the Cutler and Sanchez stuff because it WAS news. Whether you wanted either guy or not, it made the offseason fun.

I go see a few Colorado Rockies games when I get free or cheap tickets and their Triple-A affiliate, the Sky Sox, is here in Colorado Springs so my boys and I catch at least a half dozen games a year. I also coach my son's YMCA baseball team. That keeps me occupied enough so I don't miss football as much. The YMCA season ends about the time Training Camp starts so it all works out. :D

Archived