Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heads I Win, Tails You Lose

Fart

a lot of diet sodas don't contain aspartame

Some, but not "a lot"

and the ones that don't contain it, will contain some other sugar substitute, that's not much better (health-wise) than aspartame.

trust me, Diet Soda, is such an oxymoron, because the sodas with regular sugar in it, are actually healthier than the Diet Sodas with the fake sugar in it.

I am just messing with you Mick.

But if you feel like you know all of the details about Fart, you should just share them with the rest of ES. You have no problem sharing everything else with all of us.

I'll only reveal who he his, if he gives me permission to "guess" (tho it's much more than a guess - I'm actually certain)

Maybe for some reason, he really wants to remain anonymous, and I'll at least give him that.

Some, but not "a lot"

and the ones that don't contain it, will contain some other sugar substitute, that's not much better (health-wise) than aspartame.

trust me, Diet Soda, is such an oxymoron, because the sodas with regular sugar in it, are actually healthier than the Diet Sodas with the fake sugar in it.

hmmmm, is that why my Dr. has told me that if I was going to drink soda I needed to be sure it was diet soda?

I get it now.... he's just making sure he has job security :silly:

Blind people do take cabs to the ATM. Probably some stupid ADA law that the bank had to adhere to also.

The place that makes the buttons for them just puts the braille dots on every button. Makes little sense to make two batches when you can just put the dots on every button no matter where its destined to end up. (That's totally a guess:D)

Mickalino's crusade against aspartame is hilarious.

Diet Soda inhibits weight loss because you retain a lot of water weight, but that is it. It is INFINITELY more healthy than regular soda.

Mick is 10 shades of wrong here..

Sure, ignore all the laboratory studies and case studies that show otherwise, and then show nothing to back up your statements.

There is such a thing as Aspartame poisoning.

When the temperature of this sweetener exceeds 86 degrees F, the wood alcohol in ASPARTAME converts to formaldehyde and then to formic acid, which in turn causes metabolic acidosis. Formic acid is the poison found in the sting of fire ants. The methanol toxicity mimics, among other conditions, multiple sclerosis and systemic lupus.

Systemic lupus has become almost as rampant as multiple sclerosis, especially with Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi drinkers. The victim usually does not know that the Aspartame is the culprit. He or she continues its use; irritating the lupus to such a degree that it may become a life-threatening condition.

Many patients with systemic lupus become asymptotic once taken off diet sodas.

As for your false claim about Diet Sodas inhibiting weight loss ?

It's the complete opposite :

Diet soda is NOT a diet product! It is a chemically altered, multiple SODIUM and ASPARTAME containing product that actually makes you crave carbohydrates. It is far more likely to make you GAIN weight

why do people still respond to this guys nonsense?

Don't read his threads if you don't like them, then. Seriously? What's with the complaining about this guy? Ignore him if you have a personal dislike.

After reviewing scientific studies, FDA determined in 1981 that aspartame was safe for use in foods. In 1987, the General Accounting Office investigated the process surrounding FDA's approval of aspartame and confirmed the agency had acted properly. However, FDA has continued to review complaints alleging adverse reactions to products containing aspartame. To date, FDA has not determined any consistent pattern of symptoms that can be attributed to the use of aspartame, nor is the agency aware of any recent studies that clearly show safety problems.

Mick, take your conspiracy theory stuff out of here, where do you get your aspartame facts? aspartamekills.com?

I've always wondered that as well. If a blind person is driving, we're in trouble lol

in all fairness. if im driving and my friend needs the atm. ill stop short, let him get out and stand at the atm. or, if no other cars are around, ill pop a uturn and back into the atm so the passenger side is closest to the machine and let him use it that way. in either of those, a blind person wouldnt be driving the car.

so possible.

Sure, ignore all the laboratory studies and case studies that show otherwise, and then show nothing to back up your statements.

There is such a thing as Aspartame poisoning.

When the temperature of this sweetener exceeds 86 degrees F, the wood alcohol in ASPARTAME converts to formaldehyde and then to formic acid, which in turn causes metabolic acidosis. Formic acid is the poison found in the sting of fire ants. The methanol toxicity mimics, among other conditions, multiple sclerosis and systemic lupus.

Systemic lupus has become almost as rampant as multiple sclerosis, especially with Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi drinkers. The victim usually does not know that the Aspartame is the culprit. He or she continues its use; irritating the lupus to such a degree that it may become a life-threatening condition.

Many patients with systemic lupus become asymptotic once taken off diet sodas.

As for your false claim about Diet Sodas inhibiting weight loss ?

It's the complete opposite :

Diet soda is NOT a diet product! It is a chemically altered, multiple SODIUM and ASPARTAME containing product that actually makes you crave carbohydrates. It is far more likely to make you GAIN weight

Are you ignoring the overwhelming amount of research that says aspartame is completely safe? Do you know how aspartame is made? The only people who are at risk are people with a rare disease that causes them to not be able to process phenylalanine and therefore have to watch their intake. The FDA has come out time and time again stating that aspartame is safe. What other evidence do you need?

Where do you get the information that its far more likely to make you gain weight? I drink diet sodas all the time and Im not running to the cabinet looking for carbs. I eat the same as I would normally eat but because Im drinking diet soda, I am not taking in as much sugar and I have lost 20 lbs. DARN YOU ASPARTAME!!!! lol Everyone is different of course but on the whole aspartame is perfectly safe.

Archived