Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"outrage" - documentary outs gay politicians

Hooper

Funny. I don't remember NavyDave bashing Crist when he McCain was considering him to be his VP. In fact, I seem to remember words of praise.

Yes, but that was before he was forced to imagine him having gay sex.

All bets are off once that uncomfortable bit of unwanted homo-erotica enters the shower... er, mind.

Now when he hears the guy's name he cant help but think that he likes touching someone else's .. thingy.

~Bang

I think their main point is not on the voting records, though it is a part of it. Instead the bigger point is how many of these people use rhetoric such as “homosexuality is an immoral sin, unnatural, and an abomination” to GAIN power by manipulating constituents all while being a closeted gay person. In my opinion, to them it is all about the drug of power. They use this rhetoric to gain power by any means necessary.

I think it is FINE for a closeted gay man to vote against gay rights to represent their constituents, I think it is another to manipulate voters though.

Do you feel the same about those that use rhetoric about say race,gender,war or torture?:halo:

How about taxes?..is that over the line?

I oppose outing unless the person being outed is a flat out hypocrite.

That doesn't mean just not supporting a gay rights agenda, or even voting against gay marriage. It means being overtly hostile to gays.

It means Ted Haggard ranting against homosexuals in "Jesus Camp." It means Larry Craig affirmatively sponsoring a federal constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage.

I'm not sure exactly where the line is, but it sounds like this filmmaker has crossed it.

Yes, but that was before he was forced to imagine him having gay sex.

All bets are off once that uncomfortable bit of unwanted homo-erotica enters the shower... er, mind.

Now when he hears the guy's name he cant help but think that he likes touching someone else's .. thingy.

~Bang

<cue "In the Navy" by the Village People>

:dj:

I oppose outing unless the person being outed is a flat out hypocrite.

That doesn't mean just not supporting a gay rights agenda, or even voting against gay marriage. It means being overtly hostile to gays.

It means Ted Haggard ranting against homosexuals in "Jesus Camp." It means Larry Craig affirmatively sponsoring a federal constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage.

I'm not sure exactly where the line is, but it sounds like this filmmaker has crossed it.

Now Haggard I can agree outing,since his 'job' is in direct opposition to it and it ranks as sort of requirement of employment.;)

Craig simply voting/sponsoring a bill does not for me(especially for marriage,which a number of gays I know do not support or want)

Not familiar enough with his public personal views to judge him.

Why do they hide their homosexuality? Why does anybody hide their homosexuality?

Because it is deviant behavior and not acceptable to all.

Before you have a stroke,or start flooding me with outraged posts ;),

It deviates from the norm(hetero) ergo Deviant.

Why do many into S&M hide it?...same reason

Now Haggard I can agree outing,since his 'job' is in direct opposition to it and it ranks as sort of requirement of employment.;)

Craig simply voting/sponsoring a bill does not for me(especially for marriage,which a number of gays I know do not support or want)

Not familiar enough with his public personal views to judge him.

Maybe because I am an attorney, I get particularly peevish about efforts to cheapen the Constitution with anti-gay marriage (or anti-flag burning) amendments just to appease their base. I support gay marriage, I understand others don't. I think anyone who burns a flag is a complete jerk. But sponsoring an amendment to our Constitution is just a cheap stunt, and I have a huge problem with that.

None of our business. I do think that if they are denouncing homosexuality as a perverse lifestyle and they are gay that's a problem. Otherwise, I really don't care who they fall in love with or what they do concentually in a bedroom.

Why can't they denounce it? :saber:

Maybe they are self haters,or cannot control themselves.

Ya'll are always saying it's genetic,so what's the difference?

Can a kleptomaniac not denounce stealing?

Can a nympho not denounce adultery?

Can I not denounce arrogant Texans?:D

I might believe you with your claim that you only meant "deviant" in terms of deviating from the norm.... except for the part where you also said "not acceptable at all."

Then I know you are just playing a smirky little game... "I called them deviants and got away with it *snicker* I'm so clever..."

Might wanna check that, chief..twa said "to all" not "at all"...significant diff...though using the term "deviant" knowing it has socially charged meaning in this context and suggesting neutrality may be a tad disingenuous ;)

not that I really care that much about any of the rampant idiocy in the tailgate these days, between the political 'tards, the "chat kids", and the attention whores, but I think I should make a helpful little peep every now and then...:D

I might believe you with your claim that you only meant "deviant" in terms of deviating from the norm.... except for the part where you also said "not acceptable at all."

Then I know you are just playing a smirky little game... "I called them deviants and got away with it *snicker* I'm so clever..."

At least get the damn quote right,ya self righteous fool...SMIRK:silly:

Might wanna check that, chief..twa said "to all" not "at all"...significant diff...though using the term "deviant" knowing it has socially charged meaning in this context and suggesting neutrality may be a tad disingenuous ;)

not that I really care that much about any of the rampant idiocy in the tailgate these days, between the political 'tards, the "chat kids", and the attention whores, but I think I should make a helpful little peep every now and then...:D

You are right! D'oh!

My bad, and my apology to twa. I withdraw my statement in its entirety.

Frankly, my dear, (not that there's anything wrong with that), . . .

I couldn't care less what a politician's sex life is.

(OK, I lied. I do love it when a politician who's made a living out of announcing that homosexuals are less than human, gets caught being gay, and gets devoured by the sharks that he's been intentionally chumming for years. It's kind of like in monster movies, there's required to be One Guy who, when he gets eaten, the audience cheers.)

I care about how they vote.

I don't care if Bill Clinton had an affair. I don't care if Jesse Helms sleeps with pigs. I care about the effect they have on my life. And the legislation they pass affects me a whole lot more than their sex lives.

Maybe because I am an attorney, I get particularly peevish about efforts to cheapen the Constitution with anti-gay marriage (or anti-flag burning) amendments just to appease their base. I support gay marriage, I understand others don't. I think anyone who burns a flag is a complete jerk. But sponsoring an amendment to our Constitution is just a cheap stunt, and I have a huge problem with that.

I actually agree with you there to a large degree,except with gay marriage of course.

The full faith and credit clause made that one a bit more understandable...to me

Why can't they denounce it? :saber:

Maybe they are self haters,or cannot control themselves.

Ya'll are always saying it's genetic,so what's the difference?

Can a kleptomaniac not denounce stealing?

Can a nympho not denounce adultery?

Can I not denounce arrogant Texans?:D

If enganging in a behavior that you denounce you are being dishonest. If you know yourself to be dishonest there's a problem with you being in Congress. (Mind you, I realize I've just about eliminated any human from the office of Senate, but what can you do)

There are many things which are genetic we fight daily. It is a genetic instinct to conquer and mate. Yet we resist the urge to kill and rape daily, hourly. We were genetically designed to be omnivores yet some choose to resist that biological programming and only eat veggies.

You can fight your programming if you find it deplorable. If, however, you denounce it while living and hiding in exactly the manner you bludgeon others about... I have problems with your moral equaliberium.

I agree with ya there Bur,in fact it is why I left my church(forbids alcohol)

But I don't think Congress critters moral equilibrium is too high as a rule,so maybe I'm more open there,and set the bar lower.:)

Funny. I don't remember NavyDave bashing Crist when he McCain was considering him to be his VP. In fact, I seem to remember words of praise.

Then you remember wrong. I pointed out how liberals crossed party lines to choose McCain by stuffing the ballots in Iowa and New Hampshire with out of towners from New York, etc and predicted how the media darling affectionately called a Maverick would have a rude awakening.

FINALLY a conservative admits Rush is Anti-American.

So just like the second amendment, liberals do have selective vision.

I don't recall RUSH rooting for troopsto fail in their missions or praying for them to mutiny like liberals in the peoples republic of Cali or ignoring the US Constitution and going with international law to push their agenda.

Why does anybody hide their homosexuality?

hmm..I can think of a bunch of reasons. Personal safetly probably is #1, at least for me it is. I also rather people judge me on the person I am, not who I love. I'm not "out" at work, but I know that people know. I have only discussed any aspect of it to a couple people, who happen to know other gay people in town. And even that took a good year for me to have a convo. Work is work, not a place to chatter about my personal business.

(I'm more out on ES than I have ever been in my life, to anyone or any group. Gotta love the interwebz)

Because it is deviant behavior and not acceptable to all.

Before you have a stroke,or start flooding me with outraged posts ;),

It deviates from the norm(hetero) ergo Deviant.

Why do many into S&M hide it?...same reason

Exactly, now I am not offended by anyone who doesn't "agree" with homosexuality. Why should I be? As long as you don't tell me I can't see my significant other while she's in the hospital, or try to beat me up, I could care less if you like it or not. Takes me back to the Miss California thing. She had every right to say how she felt and Perez Hilton is an absolute disgrace to gay people. Now if she said that all gay people should be locked up at Gitmo, well....:chair:

hmm..I can think of a bunch of reasons. Personal safetly probably is #1, at least for me it is. I also rather people judge me on the person I am, not who I love. I'm not "out" at work, but I know that people know. I have only discussed any aspect of it to a couple people, who happen to know other gay people in town. And even that took a good year for me to have a convo. Work is work, not a place to chatter about my personal business.

(I'm more out on ES than I have ever been in my life, to anyone or any group. Gotta love the interwebz)

Exactly, now I am not offended by anyone who doesn't "agree" with homosexuality. Why should I be? As long as you don't tell me I can't see my significant other while she's in the hospital, or try to beat me up, I could care less if you like it or not. Takes me back to the Miss California thing. She had every right to say how she felt and Perez Hilton is an absolute disgrace to gay people. Now if she said that all gay people should be locked up at Gitmo, well....:chair:

This is why I like you:cool2:

I don't 'agree' with my many of my friends/family lifestyles/sexlife,nor do they all approve of mine(which includes some deviant behavior by society's standards:)),we simply agree to disagree.

I also don't blatantly advertise it or make it confrontational needlessly.

As you say there are numerous reasons not to go public,the chief for me is it is none of their business.

Archived