Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Proposed solution to the QB situation

TheTotalPackage

The Skins should trade or release JC ... make TC the starter against the Giants ... then bring CB in against the Rams. Some scenario along this line will take place ... bank it.

I'll put any amount of money you want down that NOTHING like this happens.

I'd agree accept the cost to keep or cut TC last I checked was the same. 2.5 Mil, nothing is necessarily gained if we cut him. If you want to trade him for a late round draft pick, that's fine, but its not going to change your cap situation any at all.

The following assumes we don't draft a QB high in the draft in the next few years...

1. Campbell

2. Collins

3. Colt

PS. Daniels

2010 (If Campbell doesn't pan out)

1. Colt (2 years experience in the system)

2. Collins

3. Daniels

PS. Late Rounder

2011 (If Colt doesn't pan out)

1. Daniels (2 years experience in the system)

2. Collins

3. Draft Pick

If you don't spend a high DP on a QB, and can't get anything in FA, I would rather try to continue developing younger, project style QBs and look to get them 2 years of experience as backups until we put them in a regular season game.....

campbell only threw six interceptions all year.

if kendal doesn't suddenly want to make it on ESPN and bats the ball down instead of catching and fumbling...or if donnie avery doesn't beat torrence for a bomb, that's a win vs STL.

if sellers doesn't have a brain fart vs the bengals and just runs over the line....or if we just gave the ball to CP vs (who is it..the bengals?) that's a win.

if the defense holds or suisham makes a kick, that's a potential win vs dallas. all season we have plays like that. but when we lose, it's JC's fault? if they go the other way around, he's a playoff team QB. also don't forget the OLine breaking down and the fact that we've switched coordinators every year he's been here until this one.

i say he's at least earned the opportunity to show what he can do when he's got actual players around him and when he's acclimated to the same system the previous system before kicking him to the curb. but nooooooo...he's a failure.

Those facts get in the way of Bash Jason- blame only Campbell.

The Skins should trade or release JC ... make TC the starter against the Giants ... then bring CB in against the Rams. Some scenario along this line will take place ... bank it.

thats comical:hysterical: But just in case you were serious, that would never happen because we would be gettin rid of the best quarterback on our roster. Thats like wanting a loosing season. Let the man have 2 years in the same system like most quarterbacks in the league, good and bad. New and old.

People that think Jason Campbell is a failure do not understand the importance of an Oline.

I agree, people lose site that most offenses are only as good as their O-line. Thats why people arent making big deals about overhyped running backs anymore in recent years.

If we go into week one with Todd Collins as our starting QB we might as well start talking about the 2010 draft cause we are gonna have a very early pick.

You want to bring racism into the equation? You are more pathetic than JC's play.

First, JC is not McNabb. Donovon lit the word on fire from the beginning of his career. The guy was 2nd in MVP voting his 1st full year as starting QB. He took over a 3-13 team and had them in the playoffs within 2 years. He has played in 5 NFC championship games and a SB.

Lets look at JC's performance in comparison:

0 wins against teams finishing with 10 or more wins the past 2 years. Opponents score 207 Skins 91. Record 0-8. (11.375 points per game for the Skins)

1 Pass Interference call in 506 attempts in 2008.

15-20 Redskins record in games he played at least a half.

5-10 against teams finishing above .500.

1-9 against teams finishing with 10 or more wins.

6-17 record in the last 8 games of the season he played more than a half.

Other skins QB's in the time span he has been on the team:

2-0 versus teams finishing with 10 or more wins over the past 2 years. Redskins 49 opponents 16. (24.5 points per game for the Skins)

17-12 overall record with JC playing less than a half.

12-8 in the last 8 games of the season when JC played less than a half.

9-8 against teams finishing above .500.

5-6 against teams finishing with 10 or more wins.

He makes his own team worse compared to other teammates playing the same position. Yet somehow criticizing him on performance is racist?

Look at my post history regarding McNabb and Leftwitch. CP is by far my favorite player. Yet I am racist because I think our QB sucks. Thanks for informing me.

don't agree that JC is a failure.

the sudden animus toward JC..i really believe are McNabb's comments being vindicated.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=3025308&type=story

If there is a bias against the black QB the question is why?

How come there isn't a bias against a black player any where else on the field? In fact you could say there is a positive bias towards the black player at every position on the field. But everyone is to believe that the QB is the exception because McNabb can't handle criticism? Sounds more like an excuse to gloss over his short comings, and lessen the criticism's he may deserve as a QB, regardless of color.

Doesn't Al Saunders not even have a job right now?

Spags is going to run an entirely different offense with new OC and QB coach..

They hired Sylvester Crook to be the oc and they had let Al go, I thought...

the sudden animus toward JC..i really believe are McNabb's comments being vindicated.

Black quarterbacks don't face any more pressure than white ones do. That's unnecessary playing of the race card by McNabb and any who buy that garbage.

JC is not a failure. He wasn't good last year, but he had a crappy line and horrendous receiver play. Let's give him another shot.

getting away from racism talk.....

We wont get rid of Tod Collins for this reason:

We didn't trade next years no.1 draft pick for Sanchez b/c next year is the draft of the quarterbacks. Would Sanchez have been as high a pick coming out with the likes of McCoy, Bradford, and Tebow??? NO!!

Now seeing as this team never rebuilds but is not a perennial playoff team and just hovers in mediocrity, we will see how JC does this season and make our decision: successful-resign him, Collins is expendable, Brennan is possible backup. Or he struggles,let him go, we draft one of these 3 by any means necessary, and Collins is the veteran whose been in the league many years and in this system(if Zorn stays) a couple years to bridge the gap til rookie QB X is ready.

We have no plan with this franchise...its not a 7, 5, or even 3 year plan...its barely a 1 year plan. Its whatever move can seemingly plug the hole in the wall of the dam for now. Our franchise has not been built from the ground up...its been pieced together.

i would be in total agreement with this if we were still in saunders' offense. but now, all 3 quarterbacks are on the same boat since they've all been in this offense the same amount of time, so that advantage is null (IMO)

There's more than familiarity with the offense. It's film study, mechanics and attitude. 15 years in the league and you pick up some things.

You want to bring racism into the equation? You are more pathetic than JC's play.

First, JC is not McNabb. Donovon lit the word on fire from the beginning of his career. The guy was 2nd in MVP voting his 1st full year as starting QB. He took over a 3-13 team and had them in the playoffs within 2 years. He has played in 5 NFC championship games and a SB.

0 wins against teams finishing with 10 or more wins the past 2 years. Opponents score 207 Skins 91. Record 0-8. (11.375 points per game for the Skins)

2-0 versus teams finishing with 10 or more wins over the past 2 years. Redskins 49 opponents 16. (24.5 points per game for the Skins)

He makes his own team worse compared to other teammates playing the same position. Yet somehow criticizing him on performance is racist?

Look at my post history regarding McNabb and Leftwitch. CP is by far my favorite player. Yet I am racist because I think our QB sucks. Thanks for informing me.

Great post. It's not racist to be critical of a black players' performance. I dont care what nationality campbell is. If he was white/asian/indian, etc, we'd all be saying the same things we are saying now. How many on this board feel that kyle orton, derek anderson, eli manning, chad pennington, etc, are mediocre QB's? All those QB's have accomplished more than campbell, they're white, yet they get a fair amount of criticism. It comes with the territory of being an NFL QB. Race has nothing to do with it.

And good stats, Socal. I've posted a few of these on more than one occasion, and it shows how aweful campbell plays versus good teams, and how we seem to have a much better offense when campbell is on the bench. I'm starting to feel less and less that that is a coincidence.

It's a MYTH created by the media and the kool-aid drinkers that the QB situation was mishandled in the past 2 months. I seem to be the only fan that remembers the Redskin offense averaging a whopping 10 points per game for most of the second half of last season. How pitiful....the no-name Lions QB/offense was playing better during the same stretch. After mediocre to average results, the words HOPE and POTENTIAL are worthless.

While I think it's a waste of your time to argue with SoCal, and I generally think he throws out a lot of biased posts that I rarely agree with, I don't think he dislikes Campbell because he's a racist.

Campbell deserves to be criticized as much as any white QB with the same career to date. The difference between you and me and SoCal is that we've seen something in him to believe he can put it together. It has nothing to do with the race of the QB, it has everything to do with his play.

Campbell hasn't played to expectations so far. He also hasn't been as bad as most of the people on here want to make him out to be, to be sure. Let the race card stay in the deck, and let's just believe in him for next season.

first of all, nowhere did you see me compare JC's play with mcnabb's. not understanding where you read that. McNabb was speaking for all black quarterbacks and not just himself. i for one thinks he actually has a point. I am mildly amused that you took my saying that the animus towards JC vindicating dono to mean that you were racist.

mcnabb says that black quarterbacks face more scrutiny. who are we to say he's wrong? they are a rarity in this league, so why would it be wrong to say that those that are there receive more media attention? i'll bet you will come here and say BO gets the same amount of attention as any other president before him.

If there is a bias against the black QB the question is why?

How come there isn't a bias against a black player any where else on the field? In fact you could say there is a positive bias towards the black player at every position on the field. But everyone is to believe that the QB is the exception because McNabb can't handle criticism? Sounds more like an excuse to gloss over his short comings' date=' and lessen the criticism's he may deserve as a QB, regardless of color.[/quote']

because there aren't that many african american starting quarterbacks, which is the most important position on the team. african americans outnumber everyone else at pretty much every other position except for the trenches, where i would call it at pretty much even. also, if they are not even in the trenches, they are not as high profile a position.

Doesn't Al Saunders not even have a job right now?

Spags is going to run an entirely different offense with new OC and QB coach..

They hired Sylvester Crook to be the oc and they had let Al go, I thought...

i didn't even know that. thanks for the heads up

bad, bad typo

Archived