Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Proposed solution to the QB situation

TheTotalPackage

Practice makes perfect. Reps are important and I hope Colt gets more reps with the starters. They need to TRUST each other and make muscle memories in practice. When all is said and done, the bottom line is not a bunch of stats, it is a winning season.

There's something about breaking through the artificial barriers that one accepts in life. All those "bucket of crabs" things that keep you in the bucket. Colt knows what life outside the bucket is. He's been there and seen the promised land of a perfect regular season. No matter what the competition, what the criticisms... there is something that pops when you go perfect. It's the bubble of limitations- imposed or self-imposed, no matter.

Colt brings that to the table. He knows how to win. Winning is a TEAM effort and Colt is a leader of winners. It's not a hypothetical, it is a real path of hardship that he walked and survived.

I want to see the Redskins with a winning season this year.

And then that perfect season some year soon.

It is not a dream for this fan.

We followed Colt to a perfect season before and we are ready to do it again.

HAIL!

Practice makes perfect. Reps are important and I hope Colt gets more reps with the starters. They need to TRUST each other and make muscle memories in practice. When all is said and done, the bottom line is not a bunch of stats, it is a winning season.

There's something about breaking through the artificial barriers that one accepts in life. All those "bucket of crabs" things that keep you in the bucket. Colt knows what life outside the bucket is. He's been there and seen the promised land of a perfect regular season. No matter what the competition, what the criticisms... there is something that pops when you go perfect. It's the bubble of limitations- imposed or self-imposed, no matter.

Colt brings that to the table. He knows how to win. Winning is a TEAM effort and Colt is a leader of winners. It's not a hypothetical, it is a real path of hardship that he walked and survived.

I want to see the Redskins with a winning season this year.

And then that perfect season some year soon.

It is not a dream for this fan.

We followed Colt to a perfect season before and we are ready to do it again.

HAIL!

Must've missed that bowl game . . .

Must've missed that bowl game . . .

As a matter of fact, I didn't.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

It was a perfect REGULAR SEASON.

But actually, the Sugar Bowl was awesome too. New Orleans is a great town with delicious food and very hospitable people. There were a lot of white and green shirts in the stadium and our band held their own. Here are 267 views of the trip and the fellowship: http://tinyurl.com/cd96qd

The sad faces on the sidelines were shocking though... and the spirit was missing for the first time all year... the team got wind of Coach Jones' imminent departure.

Coach Richt got it right though- take out Colt Brennan - and they did. UGA was awesome and they had to prove that on that day, they were the best team in America and should have been in the Orange Bowl.

That game took a lot out of both universities and we are busy rebuilding.

But like good aunties and uncles, fans and well-wishers, we still wish the best for the next generation of players and support them in their efforts and long to see another WINNING SEASON soon.

Just like you, eh?

One thing I know. Colt knows what it feels like to get pounded and get up again. He knows he is one person on a TEAM and knows how to come back from a pounding without blaming anyone or putting down his teammates.

"…the happiness and greatness, the rank and station, the pleasure and peace, of an individual have never consisted in his personal wealth, but rather in his excellent character, his high resolve, the breadth of his learning, and his ability to solve difficult problems."

:point2sky

Why was JC an MVP candidate to begin with? Who actually gave him those accolades? His numbers were not even close to MVP numbers' date=' was it an over zealous NFL media trying to build up hype for a black QB? Or was it the apparent anti black QB NFL media that was trying to wrongfully, or overly criticize him?[/b'] And why wasn't Zorn being touted for coach of the year after 8 games?

Funny the football critics who apparently hold black QB's to a higher standard, were promoting JC for MVP after 8 games in which he really didn't do a whole lot other than manage the game. That's a pretty fair shake if you ask me.

It's a lot easier to change one player than the whole offense, so to allow another player to take some snaps at QB to see if there is a different result on the field like we all saw and can't stop thinking about when Collins came in and showed everyone that our offense can move the ball, then JC is viewed as the possible problem, and for good reason.

you do realize that what you said in the bolded proves my point. whether its good or bad, black quarterbacks face more media scrutiny. if they do well, they are lauded. if they struggle? run them out of town. either way they may not be as good or as bad as the media makes them out to be.

jason was an mvp candidate because he was managing games effectively, did not turn the ball over, the skins were winning and that recieved hype.

collins was in that particular offense for 7 years. also, the entire team was playing on another level after ST was lost, IMO. actually, if G-Dumb hadn't done a zero blitz and let the bills get the first in FG range, we would've been able to add one more win.

really? so portis must not know football... no way you can get a diff qb and not worry about the oline. 3 of 5 are coming off injury or have had major injuries in the past few years and all are older. if the oline struggles, it wont just be whoever is playing qb that has no fun, portis will likely have some more fun quotes this year too...

WOW what a surprise Clinton Portis blaming someone for something. Really did you think he was going to say that it was his fault that he didn't rush for 2000 yards? How come noone was pointing the finger at the offensive line after the first half of the year? A more plausable explanation would be that defenses figured out that Jason Campbell couldn't read a blitz, and put eight men in the box thus stuffing the run and causing the passing game to fall off. If the offensive line were the problem, don't you think that Jason Campbell would have a new contract and there would have been no mention of Cutler or Sanchez and Michael Oher would have been drafted?

you do realize that what you said in the bolded proves my point. whether its good or bad, black quarterbacks face more media scrutiny. if they do well, they are lauded. if they struggle? run them out of town. either way they may not be as good or as bad as the media makes them out to be.

jason was an mvp candidate because he was managing games effectively, did not turn the ball over, the skins were winning and that recieved hype.

collins was in that particular offense for 7 years. also, the entire team was playing on another level after ST was lost, IMO. actually, if G-Dumb hadn't done a zero blitz and let the bills get the first in FG range, we would've been able to add one more win.

I am still waiting on your reply regarding the accusation you made. I expect your next post here to be addressed to me. Otherwise you are not only clueless but a coward as well.

I am still waiting on your reply regarding the accusation you made. I expect your next post here to be addressed to me. Otherwise you are not only clueless but a coward as well.

haha. i'm neither. i just have it in my head that anyone who takes a broad statement referring to a collective phenomenon and interprets it as a personal attack isn't worth responding to with this one post being the exception to the rule.

There is only one fair way to sort this whole QB situation out:

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Stone

The prefered solution of gentlemen around the globe.

shoot, Jankenpo! no pumping and the 'tuck rule' does not apply :D

WOW what a surprise Clinton Portis blaming someone for something. Really did you think he was going to say that it was his fault that he didn't rush for 2000 yards? How come noone was pointing the finger at the offensive line after the first half of the year? A more plausable explanation would be that defenses figured out that Jason Campbell couldn't read a blitz, and put eight men in the box thus stuffing the run and causing the passing game to fall off. If the offensive line were the problem, don't you think that Jason Campbell would have a new contract and there would have been no mention of Cutler or Sanchez and Michael Oher would have been drafted?

You are right the offensive line was just awesome the last eight games. Did you watch them?

As a matter of fact, I didn't.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

It was a perfect REGULAR SEASON.

But actually, the Sugar Bowl was awesome too. New Orleans is a great town with delicious food and very hospitable people. There were a lot of white and green shirts in the stadium and our band held their own. Here are 267 views of the trip and the fellowship: http://tinyurl.com/cd96qd

The sad faces on the sidelines were shocking though... and the spirit was missing for the first time all year... the team got wind of Coach Jones' imminent departure.

Coach Richt got it right though- take out Colt Brennan - and they did. UGA was awesome and they had to prove that on that day, they were the best team in America and should have been in the Orange Bowl.

That game took a lot out of both universities and we are busy rebuilding.

But like good aunties and uncles, fans and well-wishers, we still wish the best for the next generation of players and support them in their efforts and long to see another WINNING SEASON soon.

Just like you, eh?

One thing I know. Colt knows what it feels like to get pounded and get up again. He knows he is one person on a TEAM and knows how to come back from a pounding without blaming anyone or putting down his teammates.

"…the happiness and greatness, the rank and station, the pleasure and peace, of an individual have never consisted in his personal wealth, but rather in his excellent character, his high resolve, the breadth of his learning, and his ability to solve difficult problems."

:point2sky

+1 Hana Hou!!

• 3 months later...
People that think Jason Campbell is a failure do not understand the importance of an Oline.

Didn't Todd play with the same line and won against tough opponents? :chair:

What about today's game? Did the O-Line do their job? And, if they did, what did JC do? Nothing!

I think the QB situation was mishandled somewhat during the offseason; and getting rid of Collins will go some ways to show him (JC) that we have at least some confidence in him......
I think the QB situation would be mishandled if we "GOT RID OF" TC

Hes the only QB we KNOW that can win games under critical conditions (like 4 must wins in a row)

Its called Leadership

"Collins isn't the Future" you might be saying?.......well TC Presently is on the team.....and if JC doesn't start showing up, JC will be HISTORY

TC > JC

.....Collins did not and threw an interception.
The TC int was with 10 seconds left in the half when he was trying to get into FG range

Last year JC dumped it off in a same situation, not even giving us a chance to score points

TC was aware of the game situation in my opinion.....We can only hope that JC would understand the game as well as TC

I posted something like this in another thread some time ago but want to hear what you guys thought, so I'm putting it in the spotlight.

I would try to trade Collins to the Rams for a late round draft pick or something. Some of my friends (fellow skins fans) say we wouldn't be successful if we did propose it. If he's not even worth that, why bother keeping him? If he can't be traded outright, just cut him and take the cap hit (if there is any); and promote Colt Brennan to primary backup.

Now, I support having Jason Campbell as the starter for the time being, given the circumstances. I think the QB situation was mishandled somewhat during the offseason; and getting rid of Collins will go some ways to show him (JC) that we have at least some confidence in him.

For those who will scoff and say that CB is still green; I'm not saying CB is starter material yet, but there is already a precedent for having a 2nd year QB as the primary backup; set by the browns last season with quinn, who incidentally should be the starter going into this coming training camp. as long as TC is in the fold, it the snaps he gets are snaps that could go toward CB's development.

Now, the situation we have here is like this. We have a backup QB that is the same age as Methusela, overpaid, has had very little actual game time in his career, is part of a previous regime, specializes in an offense from this prior regime that he spent 8 years in (and is potentially more valuable to another team that actually uses it..like the rams), and has spent the same amount of time in the current system as the secondary backup, who is younger (colt brennan). The secondary backup happens to be one of the most celebrated collegiate quarterbacks in recent history and has vast potential; with talent that needs to be developed. Also, the team needs to get younger overall, which they could do by bringing in another young QB. They need to clear up cap room in order to sign their rookies, UFA and FAs. Lastly, they need to make a move that will help repair the relationship they have with the current starter. So, what do you do? Which QBs do you keep and which do you get rid of? It's really a no brainer.

as a colt brennan fan, how does it feel to watch him do the worst out of the 4 QB's, and to have the undersized 'random' chase daneil come in and show promise?

Just curious...

it amazes me that given how terrible colt has looked, anyone on this forum can justify keeping him in the #3 spot. much less, cut the #2 and promote him, to then have him take over the starting position in a year.

its like you haven't watched any of the games... I think zorn's face said it all after his last INT. in the redzone.

Archived