Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should we stop the should we? Threads

danbee

The really sad thing is that sometimes (and I mean sometimes) there is some good information about these potential players buried in the threads. Like when someone familiar with the player post some weakness/strength the player has.

The closest example I can come with right now is Kendall. I know this was different in that he was a trade, but the insight we got from fans in New York was informative and different than the media talk.

I don't mind the ones that suggest we get him because:

Relationship with one of our coaches

Fits within our scheme because ...

Poster insight to player

The ones that suck:

Because he's tall

Because he is available

Because poster wants to raise their post count

:2cents:

:helmet: The Rook

What do you think... should we?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AoxTyb89mdlk600UxFDPCwZDubYF?slug=ap-saints-thomasreleased&prov=ap&type=lgns

Saints release DT Hollis Thomas

METAIRIE, La. (AP)—The New Orleans Saints have released veteran defensive tackle Hollis Thomas.

The 35-year-old Thomas missed the first half of the 2008 season after hurting his triceps in training camp. He made 10 tackles in the Saints’ final eight games.

Thomas came to the Saints in a draft-day trade from Philadelphia in 2006 and has made 117 tackles with 6 1/2 sacks and a fumble recovery in his three seasons in New Orleans.

Saints coach Sean Payton called him “a significant presence” both on the defensive line and in the locker room and that he was “a big part of what we have accomplished here.”

Thomas, a 13-year NFL veteran, spent his first 10 seasons with the Eagles

he's better than JC at qb!

vet min + incentives!

And people wonder why some of us get addicted to the Tailgate and try to steer away from the Stadium. Every player that is waived, released or retires we find a "Let's sign so and so..." thread.

I know bubba is right, just don't click on them. But how about people stopping to search sometime? Or realizing that we don't need to sign every tom dick and harry that is available. I would really love to be able to participate in threads in the Stadium, but when I read the first page filled with thread after thread of , "lets sign......" Or JC Sucks, play colt. It gets old. really really old.

(and with that I will head back to the tailgate and participate in real conversation.)

Here is the solution, lets have one mega thread, basically its just a running tab of "should we" thread and its dumped into that. So on page 2002030 it could be about Favre, and on page 2002298 it would be about Levi Jones. That way people can ask the question, but not create an entirely new thread.

in the board rules

every member is free to have their own opinion so long as it is expressed in a civil manner, is within the subject matter topic of the forum and does not otherwise violate forum rules.

sorry it is easier to ignore a thread, than trying to censor the rest of the members threads for the benefit of a few.

as long as the thread is with in the rules and not a dupe topic, it won't be closed or anyway prevented from being posted.

in the board rules

sorry it is easier to ignore a thread, than trying to censor the rest of the members threads for the benefit of a few.

as long as the thread is with in the rules and not a dupe topic, it won't be closed or anyway prevented from being posted.

Eh. By the same token, we can still say that it's a pain in the ass. I avoid them, but they're still more annoying than the "OMG Campbell is WTF sux0rz!!!!"

Okay, maybe THAT is hyperbole in its purest form . . .

This is a discussion board. People read threads and discuss the ideas from fellow fans. If a fan and a good-standing member of this discussion board notices a player released and thinks that he might be a good fit for the Redskins and wishes to make his/her case in an attempt to draw discussion about said player then why should that thread be censored or otherwise stopped? If you don't like the topic, keep on scrolling! :doh:

Eh. By the same token, we can still say that it's a pain in the ass. I avoid them, but they're still more annoying than the "OMG Campbell is WTF sux0rz!!!!"

Okay, maybe THAT is hyperbole in its purest form . . .

doesn't matter

who's to say your are more important than someone else?

They are popular threads, many enjoy them, so should they be penalized because some don't want to be bothered by reading a thread titled, and choosing to ignore it.

If it's on topic, and with in the rules it is allowed... period

BTW Jason Sux threads would be closed or merged because there already several of those threads open, as would multi "should we" threads about the same player (ex. Michael Vick)

doesn't matter

who's to say your are more important than someone else?

They are popular threads, many enjoy them, so should they be penalized because some don't want to be bothered by reading a thread titled, and choosing to ignore it.

If it's on topic, and with in the rules it is allowed... period

BTW Jason Sux threads would be closed or merged because there already several of those threads open, as would multi "should we" threads about the same player (Michael Vick)

I don't remember saying that my opinion is more important than anyone else's or that these threads aren't legitimate. But if you want to insinuate things like that, then go ahead. :rolleyes:

And EVERY quarterback thread turns into a Jason sucks thread.

I don't remember saying that my opinion is more important than anyone else's or that these threads aren't legitimate. But if you want to insinuate things like that, then go ahead. :rolleyes:

1st, I was talking in generalized terms, not "you" per say

2nd, how else can you describe it. a few people want others to quit posting certain threads because they are tired by them. Obviously the few think their opinion, wishes, feelings, are more important than the many who like them.

3rd, because QB threads degrade into JC sux threads, isn't the same as starting a new JC sux thread, the topic is usually different to begin with.

1st, I was talking in generalized terms, not "you" per say

2nd, how else can you describe it. a few people want others to quit posting certain threads because they are tired by them. Obviously the few think their opinion, wishes, feelings, are more important than the many who like them.

3rd, because QB threads degrade into JC sux threads, isn't the same as starting a new JC sux thread, the topic is usually different to begin with.

Eh. Right on all three. I'll be quiet now.

Here is the solution, lets have one mega thread, basically its just a running tab of "should we" thread and its dumped into that. So on page 2002030 it could be about Favre, and on page 2002298 it would be about Levi Jones. That way people can ask the question, but not create an entirely new thread.

Or, what about making a subforum for these kinds of threads? I know this kind of forum (vbulletin) can do it, so maybe break down The Stadium into a couple different subsections like Newly Available Players, Offense, Defense, Coaching, Redskins in the Media, Gameday, Predictions/Hopes or something different. It does get a little chaotic with everyone on one page.

Any time another team releases a player, our front office should be considering whether it would be worthwhile to bring in that player. Due diligence and all. Sometimes the answer is easy, other times they may need to look closer at the question.

So if they consider it, why shouldn't we? Keep the "Should we" threads, but with this caveat... if you start a thread like that, make a decent argument supporting it. Otherwise, you deserve any abuse you get.

Archived