Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Insider- Marcus Mason Is Back With The Skins

mnb123

It seems this team has been looking for an excuse to get rid of Rock for years. Personally I dont get it, Rock is the perfect fit for what he does - great kick returner (although I do think we should mix it up a bit at times), great 3rd string RB and terrific special teamer. Nevertheless, his roster spot will be up for bigtime battle this season....

what if mason get's cut early, I mean REALLY early? would that settle it that he just isn't what we need?

And before I leave this thread. Rock is NOT a great Kick returner. He is serviceable, maybe good, but great is not a word I would use.

Damnit.

I really think he's a waste. He'll tear it up against third stringers and get cut again.

We have 9 backs on the roster currently.

Oh well. I'll hope from the best from him. Hopefully he learns all of his assignments and gets a chance to run versus the first team defenses of the other teams in preseason so we can see what we really have.

why the dammit? Now we are certain that Portis won't play during preseason so he can start the year off fresh and healthy. Let Mason get banged up for the practice games.

why the dammit? Now we are certain that Portis won't play during preseason so he can start the year off fresh and healthy. Let Mason get banged up for the practice games.

Because of the damned man crush around here. That's why. Now we have to hear how he's the best back on the roster all offseason,

Speaking of possible acquisitions. Saw this on KFFL

Darin Gantt, of the Rock Hill Herald, reports the Carolina Panthers have signed unrestricted free-agent OG Justin Geisinger (Redskins) and WR Marcus Monk (Bears). Terms of the contracts were not disclosed.

I didn't realize Geisinger was waived or on the market :/

Oh boy. Do we now have an inexplicable fan favorite at every single position? There is going to be blood here in August.

The ExtremeSkins Dream Skins Extreme Team would be:

QB: Colt Brennan

#2 QB: The short dude from Missouri

RB: Marcus Mason

#2 RB: Some big fat guy I'm sure

RB #3: Rock

WR: Anthony Mix

WR: Marko Mitchell

WR: Whatever White Guy Looks Good

LT: Samuels

LG: Rhinehart

C: ?

RG: ?

RT: That tubby guy

Or one of my favorites growing up....Babe Laufenberg

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Mason_Rejoins_Redskins_34681.jsp

The Redskins were awarded running back Marcus Mason off waivers on Tuesday.

Mason had been waived by the New York Jets on Monday.

Mason, 5-9 and 215 pounds, begins his second stint with the Redskins. He was on the club in 2007 and during 2008 training camp but was released after preseason.

Last year, Mason was on the Baltimore Ravens practice squad. Later in the season, he was signed to the New York Jets active roster for six games.

He finished the season on the Jets’ practice squad.

Mason has led the Redskins in preseason rushing yardage each of the last two years.

Click link for entire article

I know a lot of people will like this move... including me.

Damnit.

I really think he's a waste. He'll tear it up against third stringers and get cut again.

We have 9 backs on the roster currently.

Oh well. I'll hope from the best from him. Hopefully he learns all of his assignments and gets a chance to run versus the first team defenses of the other teams in preseason so we can see what we really have.

Kdawg,

Totally agree with you! This guy is not NFL material.

Aldridge or Dorsey will beat him out, I don't want good guys on the team I want good football players! Keep him for your ALL MORAL TEAM and I'll take guys that produce! Come on Dorsey and Aldridge it's yours for the taking!

LOL @ All Moral team, I do have to agree.

Here we go again.

:munchout:

Why, whatever do you mean, sir?

I sure was impressed with Mason in preseason last year. I think we need to see him against better defensive players, but I thought then and still think now that he could be the change-of-pace guy a la Sproles to compliment Portis. It would be a shame to see Rock go, though; his value on special teams is hard to overstate.

I don't think Mason is the end of Rock.

I think Aldridge or Dorsey could be, due to their explosiveness. But people have doubted Rock every season and he always comes out on top.

So I refuse to count Rock out, but I'd say Aldridge/Dorsey are the bigger threat.

I think Aldridge is the end of Betts not Rock. I can't wait to see him in preseason. I think he can be our Chris Johnson when he spells Portis.

Why, whatever do you mean, sir?

I sure was impressed with Mason in preseason last year. I think we need to see him against better defensive players, but I thought then and still think now that he could be the change-of-pace guy a la Sproles to compliment Portis. It would be a shame to see Rock go, though; his value on special teams is hard to overstate.

He runs a 4.7 40. He's nothing like Darren Sproles.

I'm getting the impression that alot of people here are following a misconception that he's a speed back...

He's not. He's actually alot like a Ladell Betts type of back... At least more in that mold, I wouldn't say he was exactly like Betts, either.

He runs a 4.7 40. He's nothing like Darren Sproles.

I'm getting the impression that alot of people here are following a misconception that he's a speed back...

He's not. He's actually alot like a Ladell Betts type of back... At least more in that mold, I wouldn't say he was exactly like Betts, either.

Exactly. The kid is a 3rd back at best. Know if he could pick up blocking assignments better and catch out the backfield like Betts does ever so well, then he could be a second string back, but he is not.

We need speed. Aldridge gives us the best chance IMO to get a spark out of the backfield and in special teams this year.

Archived