Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Insider- Marcus Mason Is Back With The Skins

mnb123

I don't get how folks get so hyped up on Mason based in the main on pre-season scrub games.

If this guy was so talented, why is he not locked up on someone's payroll instead of compeating with all the other hopefull's to just make a team next year? :whoknows:

Hell, he couldn't beat out Rock or Betts, who are reliable but hardly stellar backs. What does that tell ya'?

Hail.

I don't get how folks get so hyped up on Mason based in the main on pre-season scrub games.

If this guy was so talented, why is he not locked up on someone's payroll instead of compeating with all the other hopefull's to just make a team next year? :whoknows:

Hell, he couldn't beat out Rock or Betts, who are reliable but hardly stellar backs. What does that tell ya'?

Hail.

Because people think Mason is something he isn't: A speed back. Read through the thread. Major misconceptions going on around here.

Im looking forward to Dorsey or Alridge being that change of pace back we need.

I wish the skins would've looked to a better replacement to Betts. Heck I would take Mason over Betts at this point. Mason can create in space. He's got nice cut back moves just not a lot of speed. Betts is straight downhill. Neither of them compliment CP.

Because people think Mason is something he isn't: A speed back. Read through the thread. Major misconceptions going on around here.

He may not have break away speed but he's fast enough and he doesn't get tackled in the backfield like betts or run into the back of his linemen like rock! So you keep being content with the mediocre back-up play while I'll support change and production. I would be fine with us having Portis,Mason,Aldridge and Dorsey as are backfield in 09, love to see it but won't happen!

He may not have break away speed but he's fast enough and he doesn't get tackled in the backfield like betts or run into the back of his linemen like rock! So you keep being content with the mediocre back-up play while I'll support change and production. I would be fine with us having Portis,Mason,Aldridge and Dorsey as are backfield in 09, love to see it but won't happen!

Who's content? I just think people are reaching for Mason to be a savior, even though he isn't.

Who's content? I just think people are reaching for Mason to be a savior, even though he isn't.

I think people are just tired of the weak back-up help we have and are going in a different direction with there support! It's not like we have big time FA RB's on our roster that we can root for. This just gives us something to talk about while camps will be going on! So who do you want as are RB's then?

I think people are just tired of the weak back-up help we have and are going in a different direction with there support! It's not like we have big time FA RB's on our roster that we can root for. This just gives us something to talk about while camps will be going on! So who do you want as are RB's then?

The best 3 (or 4). And I don't think Mason is one of the top 4.

Portis definitely.

The rest need to battle it out.

• 4 months later...
Damnit.

I really think he's a waste. He'll tear it up against third stringers and get cut again.

Aaaand people will be kicking and screaming when he's cut in August.
surprised we resigned him. but oh well, camp fodder for 3rd string offense.
Camp Fodder.

Can't say it enough times or with enough emphasis.

It's going to be fun watching you homers and fanboys cry again this year when he gets cut. :D

Camp fodder...
There we go.

Great addition for many reasons.

:insane:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
What NFL teams have Aldridge and Dorsey played for again?

***In his best Sean Connery voice***

I'll take "Things That Rhyme With The Word, MAIL" Trabeck!

Welcome to the Jungle Marcus!

You deserve it! :excited::wave:

Archived