Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which US pro sporting event would you choose?

renaissance

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I just can't bring myself to knock the Skins out of the SUper Bowl before the season even begins, so that one is out.

I've been to other sports playoffs. The Timberwolves/Lakers game I was at was pretty awesome. Hockey has some fun, crazy fans, so it got my vote. In all honesty though, the professional (in that all players are paid) sporting event that I enjoyed the most here in the U.S. with out a fan's interest in either team was the World Cup when it was here.

Hmm...looks like I'm the only one that chose game 7 of the world series. Baseball is the closest sport to my heart, even though the Skins are ahead of the Nats as far as teams go.

Still, game 7 of the World Series, the tradition and history, would be cool, especially if the two teams involved had rabid fanbases, i.e. Boston, St. Louis, Philly, Dodgers, etc. I don't think you could beat that atmosphere, at least not for me.

Without the Skins in it, the Super Bowl really loses some of it's luster for me. I watch, but I only really get involved if there's a team that I really don't want to win participating.

Basically just pretend you've won a contest that allows you to attend one of the following US pro sporting events. You can go to one and only one, completely free of charge, seats of your choosing. The only catch is, your favorite team/player is NOT participating in the event.

Superbowl

World Series

NBA Finals

Stanley Cup Final

Indianpolis 500

The Masters (golf)

US Open (tennis)

For those events that include multiple games (world series, nba finals, stanley cup, for example), assume you arr going to the FINAL game only.

Oh and if you don't like my list then TOO BAD!!!!!!

This is a great idea for a thread. But you should have subbed in the Daytona 500 over the Indy 500. :D The Indy 500 stopped mattering a long time ago.:silly:

As for me? I'd probably go with the World Series.

Let's see, I went to the world series game one and the super bowl in the last six months :), along with the daytona 500, the gator nationals, the honda 200 (daytona superbike), daytona supercross, and the st. pete grand prix, this year (so far :laugh:), so I'd have to say the stanley cup final. It was toss up between the excitment at the WS vs. the superbowl with the edge to the WS due to my home team in it.

Hmm...looks like I'm the only one that chose game 7 of the world series. Baseball is the closest sport to my heart, even though the Skins are ahead of the Nats as far as teams go.

Still, game 7 of the World Series, the tradition and history, would be cool, especially if the two teams involved had rabid fanbases, i.e. Boston, St. Louis, Philly, Dodgers, etc. I don't think you could beat that atmosphere, at least not for me.

Without the Skins in it, the Super Bowl really loses some of it's luster for me. I watch, but I only really get involved if there's a team that I really don't want to win participating.

You and I are on the same page. I, too, enjoy the NFL over any other sport. And the Redskins are, by FAR, my biggest passion. But, like you, I'd still choose a World Series Game 7 over anything. And for pretty much the same reasons you listed.

However, if its a World Series like last year, involving the Phils and Rays, then I would vote the Super Bowl.:)

World Series if the game were in a national league park. Stanley Cup final if the game were in a Canadian city, but I don't know if the US part of this thread title would eliminate that possibility. Super Bowl has gotten too corporate and i don't think i'd have any motivation to go if the redskins weren't playing in it. At the end of the day though, if it was a last resort, national league park or not, nothing else would beat a nice evening out at the ballpark taking in a baseball game.

I voted other because I'd rather be at Daytona than any other sporting event. The World 100 at Eldora would be a close 2nd. The only reason I didn't choose Superbowl is because the chances of the skins being in it when I go is 1/16. If I go to Daytona I'm gonna see the best 43 nascar teams all competing.

Anything that is scripted is considered entertainment to me. Sure, they are athletes, but they are also actors. Not a true sport IMO therefore it shouldn't be considered in this poll.

It's NOT a real sport, I admit, but I beg to differ in saying there's no place for it in this poll. Like it or not, it's a huge event "almost" on the level of the SuperBowl.

Archived