Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage: 2009 NFL Draft - Day 2 (Final)

JimmiJo

Rogers is worth a second rounder at the least. I think the FO realizes that we will have issues re-signing LOS if he finally has a monster season.

I still dont get this one. We have Smoot and JTryon why???

Well, Smoot did struggle last year. Maybe his job is on the line. As others have said, it is also decent backup if Los doesn't resign.

Tryon has done nothing to show anyone he can compete an the NFL level and there are some folks who think this will be Smoot's last year in town, so this isn't a bad pick - adding depth behind Hall and Rogers.

You speak the truth my friend. This is a pretty smart pick.

Not a fan of moving back here at all.

Guys in the 7th round and udfa are fairly interchangeable. Not so with 5th round prospects.

We moved back 8 spots...for a draft pick that is on the earlier side of the 7th...there are still 30 players who are going to go after that pick before you can sign UDFA...what if the player you wanted in the 7th is one of those 30? If he is good, your damn sure he will be.

Seems like he came in a RB, but is switched to LB in college and is projected there on the NFL level. Don't know anything about the guy, but I guess the staff likes him.

Vinny and co. must really not be excited about the OLs in this draft. That or they really like Heyer or Mike Williams.

Archived