Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is your favorite Led Zeppelin song?

SC_RedskinsFan

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

How many more times, treat me the way you wanna do

How many more times, treat me the way you wanna do

When I give you all my love, please, please be true

I'll give you all I've got to give, rings, pearls, and all

I'll give you all I've got to give, rings, pearls, and all

I got to get you together, baby

I'm sure, sure you're gonna call

Oh, wanna love some other man too

Wow, thought I was going to be the only one who picked this. :cheers:

Wow, thought I was going to be the only one who picked this. :cheers:
Not everybody can be smart as us. :cheers:

Found this text on youtube:

This is based on an old Blues songs that influenced the band. Some of the lyrics are from Blues singer Albert King's song "The Hunter," and much of the song was derived from Howlin' Wolf's "How Many More Years."

Zeppelin members Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and John Bonham got the writing credit for this. They chose not to credit any of the Blues musicians who influenced this, something they would get in trouble for on songs like "You Shook Me," which was based on a Willie Dixon song, and "The Lemon Song," which they got from another Howlin' Wolf song. Dixon and Wolf were eventually credited for those songs.

Robert Plant didn't get a writing credit for any songs on this album, but he helped put this together. The arrangement of old blues songs was something he'd put together with his former band, Hobbstweedle.

Led Zeppelin used this to close many of their early concerts. During the instrumental section, Plant would often thank the audience and showcase the other band members.

This was the last song on their first album. It was listed as 3:30 on the album, but the correct length is 8:28. The reason that the song was listed as only being a little over 3 minutes was to promote radio play. Jimmy Page knew that radio would never play a song over 8 minutes long, so he wrote the track time as shorter on the album to trick radio stations into playing it.

Robert Plant contributed the line, "I got another child on the way, that makes eleven." It referred to his unborn child, Carmen, who was born a month or two after Zeppelin recorded this album.

I can't believe this thread has gone this long with no mention of Zeppelin's song stealing. I used to be a really big fan before I saw how many of their hits were stolen. Not trying to hijack this thread, but has nobody else thought of this?

Yea it's pretty well known.

But I still don't think it tarnishes them that much. Arguably 4 of the best musicians ever in their respective roles in the band. They're hard to knock.

SC - here's another awesome song I can't believe you missed, and no-one else has mentioned (I can't help it if I like ballads) but you HAVE to list "All Of My Love"

So you just upgraded yourself to super dumb-**** :silly:

Can the mods add that option ?

I can't believe this thread has gone this long with no mention of Zeppelin's song stealing. I used to be a really big fan before I saw how many of their hits were stolen. Not trying to hijack this thread, but has nobody else thought of this?

Its not nearly as bad as the guys that cant handle the fact - post something on YouTube pointing out that Zep didnt write whatever and wait for the "How dare you! Jimmy is God you a**hole!" response. White Summer is always a good one (nicked from a Davey Graham acoustic version of She Moved Through The Fair done in 1962, complete with DADGAD tuning - another thing the Jimmy is God brigade claim he invented LOL!).

Anyhoo, apart from thieving everything I always liked the barnstorming Nobodys Fault But Mine, especially the harp solo with ball crunching drumming (I think Zep 'borrowed' this from Blind Willie Johnson's version which dates all the way back to 1927 and before that probably - he didnt have Bonham on drums though!)

Archived