Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Extremeskin Members Take on the 13th Pick

Coolio47

Greetings all,

After reading these forums for a couple of years, I finally decided to join up. Dont worry, I'm perfectly aware of the behavior of some members on here so I'll be ready. ;)

I finally decided to join because I wanted to give my thoughts on this crucial upcoming draft(not that every draft isn't crucial).

With the 13th pick, I would really like to see the Skins select Brian Orakpo, though I fear he wont last this long. I feel Orakpo would really put our pass rush over the top. If he isn't available, I feel Washington should take Rey Maualuga to play at Marcus Washington's vacated spot and slide to the middle whenever Fletcher retires/leaves(unless Blades can really handle the middle).

As for the Sanchez rumors, I do NOT want him to be selected. Whether they select him if he is there, which I doubt he will be, or trade up for him, I will not be happy. We have way more glaring needs at both sides of the line to worry about QB. Yes I may be a Campbell supporter(I own a Campbell Jersey), but I believe that he has still shown enough to at least play out the last year of his contract. After the Jay Cutler fiasco, selecting Sanchez would just be a nice way to kick Campbell while he is down, especially after that "pep talk" Danny and Vinny gave him.

All in all, I would like the early pick to finish off our holes on defense, because I think the third round in particular, there will still be quality O-Linemen. Your thoughts?

Welcome to ES! :)

Now, in reponse to your comments.... *cough cough clear throat*....

not-terrified.jpg

"Arrrgh, another new member starting a draft thread instead of posting in one of the 27,694 existing 'Here's what the Skins should do with the #13 pick' threads! Gaaaaaaah!"

:evilg:

not-terrified.jpg

"Arrrgh, another new member starting a draft thread instead of posting in one of the 27,694 existing 'Here's what the Skins should do with the #13 pick' threads! Gaaaaaaah!"

lol fair enough :D

I almost have no clue about the draft now as it concerns our team. It seems like we are out of reach of players that really make a difference, and after that the talent is weak.

If it were my decision, I'd want Orakpo for obvious reasons if he somehow fell...with chances being great that he won't, then Andre Smith. If he is also gone, I'd want trade to down. Not out of the first round just lower in the first round by say 4-5 spots and pick up a second rounder. Then at 17 or 18 take Rey Maualuga. If Rey projects higher then you may be forced to trade out of the 1st and get 2 seconds and go for some other Linebacker, DE, OL prospect and hope to hit on at least a couple guys.

not-terrified.jpg

hahaha my thoughts as well, I can't wait until Saturday.

As for the Sanchez rumors, I do NOT want him to be selected. Whether they select him if he is there, which I doubt he will be, or trade up for him, I will not be happy. We have way more glaring needs at both sides of the line to worry about QB. Yes I may be a Campbell supporter(I own a Campbell Jersey), but I believe that he has still shown enough to at least play out the last year of his contract. After the Jay Cutler fiasco, selecting Sanchez would just be a nice way to kick Campbell while he is down, especially after that "pep talk" Danny and Vinny gave him.

I don't think it was so much a Pep Talk as it was "OK Jason, Here's the deal, and this is what we expect of you."

I almost have no clue about the draft now as it concerns our team. It seems like we are out of reach of players that really make a difference, and after that the talent is weak.

If it were my decision, I'd want Orakpo for obvious reasons if he somehow fell...with chances being great that he won't, then Andre Smith. If he is also gone, I'd want trade to down. Not out of the first round just lower in the first round by say 4-5 spots and pick up a second rounder. Then at 17 or 18 take Rey Maualuga. If Rey projects higher then you may be forced to trade out of the 1st and get 2 seconds and go for some other Linebacker, DE, OL prospect and hope to hit on at least a couple guys.

I don't remember a draft where we could realistically go in so many different directions with our 1st round pick. I could see the team taking Andre Smith, Michael Oher, Brian Cushing, Tyson Jackson, Aaron Maybin, Rey, or Robert Ayers at #13. Or a player like Orakpo if he slips. We could trade up to take Sanchez, or trade down and take Alex Mack, Eben Britton, or a slew of other players in the middle to latter portion of the 1st round.

Who knows who we will take. I'll say Andre Smith...though it's far from guaranteed that he will make it to #13.

I don't remember a draft where we could realistically go in so many different directions with our 1st round pick. I could see the team taking Andre Smith, Michael Oher, Brian Cushing, Tyson Jackson, Aaron Maybin, Rey, or Robert Ayers at #13. Or a player like Orakpo if he slips. We could trade up to take Sanchez, or trade down and take Alex Mack, Eben Britton, or a slew of other players in the middle to latter portion of the 1st round.

Who knows who we will take. I'll say Andre Smith...though it's far from guaranteed that he will make it to #13.

I'll second that.

if the texas de is gone then trade down, get two olineman that can anchor an oline resurgance for years to come. lets take a page either from own past or one from the gmen. they dominated because they had an line to give eli time and the rb's room to run. we need to put points on the board and with out a rejuvinated oline i just don't see that happening.it isn't the sexy pick but it's the right pick. but this owner doesn't have a clue bout the importance of the oline.time after time he has chosen to ignore the need.

Welcome to the site, Bub! Hey, anything is possible....nobody really knows for sure who will still be on the board at #13. It wouldn't bother me 1 bit if the Skins selected Orakpo at the DE position. The history of the NFL is filled with great players who somehow slid out of the top 10 draft spots.

quality first post, i agree with what you said. Continue posting quality stuff and people will begin to respect you.

???

He offered no new input into our draft situation. I think this is just regurgitated observations from 2,123,421 fans that have posted about the exact same topic!

Hint to the FNG :) - this post could have easily gone in the sticky at the top of the board entitled "Who should Redskins Take...". Try to add your two cents into threads that have already been created. It's just easier that way because then you don't have to worry about people bashing you for being "that guy".

With that being said, welcome.

quality first post, i agree with what you said. Continue posting quality stuff and people will begin to respect you.

something rare for me, with me having a Dad that is a New York Giants fan and a brother that is a Dallas Cowboys fan. :doh:

I don't think DE is a position of need in THIS draft. They signed Wynn and Daniels as a stop gap measure with the intention of drafting OL. That's what I think anyways.

Think of the history of the Skins in the draft with Vinny running the show. Since when do they re-sign aging vets only to replace them in with young rookies. How about ****ing never

Archived