Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reid says Peters is best OLT in football

DWinzit

I've watched the videos posted by people on the internet rather than just relying on a stats site or other people's word. Peters was an out of shape slob last year but he certainly did not give up 11.5 sacks last year.

So you are relying on videos edited and posted by random people on the internet rather than numbers posted by random people on the internet. Smart choice. the 11.5 number and the 8 penalties is widely reported and recognized. You can stick your head in the sand all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that Peters is coming off of a horrible season.

Of course Reid thinks that. They just traded three picks for him. What should he have said?

"Jason Peters is the 6th best left tackle in football. That means at least 5 guys are better than him but they're all locked up so we had to settle. But I'm happy with the deal. He's athletic!"

Of course Reid thinks that. They just traded three picks for him. What should he have said?

"Jason Peters is the 6th best left tackle in football. That means at least 5 guys are better than him but they're all locked up so we had to settle. But I'm happy with the deal. He's athletic!"

haha, good point.

If we take Pettigrew at 21, we should just run the ball every ****ing down. I love how Reid continually loves to build great run blocking lines and then never run the ball.
This is a major concern of mine. My fingers are crossed someone grabs Pettigrew prior to pick 21.

Also does AR go out of character if Moreno is still available? My feel is they look for Donald Brown in the second round to team with WB.

Peters is good, and giving up a late 1st rounder for a pro bowl LT who still, I assume, has a lot left in the tank is a nice move by the Eagles. Reid is wrong though, he's not the best LT in football.

I hear ya.

It's a definite steal. Left Tackles are like Quarterbacks. You need a good one to be successful and finding a great one is tough.

Eagles just got themselves a gem.

From a Dallas prospective, I hope Peters stinks it up.

In reality, it's a solid move for an organization who doesn't allow crap to Dallas pass rush.

It's going to be a brutal smash mouth year for the lines in the NFC East. The NFC East combined for 153 sacks last year [Tops in the NFL].

Add in guys like Haynesworth to the Skins, Canty to the Giants on the D can be scary.

But the offensive lines are all solid for all four teams in the East.

Can't wait. Glad I don't play QB for these teams :)

Well, he was the best option available, anyway.

It's hard to not like the move, because they really had a need, but Reid is hanging out with his son's friends if he really thinks that.

I agree that the Bird FO made some good off season moves to reload their Oline. Unless they wanted to try to move up for an unproven OT in the draft this was probably their best option.

Birds are going to have a good Oline this coming season.

Archived