Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: On the Clock - CP discussing the JC situation.

RenegadeTK

If Sanchez is drafted it's not for competition, the job is his. Even if we kept him for this season along with Campbell, Campbell could take us to the superbowl and win, and Sanchez would be our starter the following season. No way Snyder trades up and spends the money it would take to sign Sanchez and not start him in the very near future.........

For starters, Colt is 3rd string, he doesn't have the ability to say anything. Campbell probably isn't going to stick around to be the backup or new 3rd stringer.

Secondly, am I the only one that sighs when someone says JC's tds have gone up each year? That's simply because he plays more games. His actual td/game stat has gone down every year.

*wooosh* my comment went right over your head. Colt apparently isn't competition material and is still is a project.

careful.... you are about piss off a whole bunch people on this board

Wouldn't be the 1st time or the last. :evilg:

Actually i think if they do get Sanchez it will be Todd Collins who will be gone. Collins has a pretty high salary for a 38 year old backup. You have Campbell and then if Campbell goes down you have Brennan and Sanchez.

Or if they find a trade partner for Campbell then Collins starts and you have Brennan and Sanchez behind him.

You don't get it. If they thought so much of Colt, they wouldn't be looking to draft a QB with one of the few draft picks they have. What it sez is that Dan Snyder doesn't think Campbell is his guy and he thinks even less of any other QB on this roster.

If Sanchez is drafted it's not for competition, the job is his. Even if we kept him for this season along with Campbell, Campbell could take us to the superbowl and win, and Sanchez would be our starter the following season. No way Snyder trades up and spends the money it would take to sign Sanchez and not start him in the very near future.........

I disagree if Campbell pulls a Drew Brees I think he becomes the QB of present and future and Sanchez becomes trade bait. I could see Campbell possibly getting a Derek Anderson type deal so he has to prove he isn't a one year/contract year wonder but I don't think he gets cast aside. He's been smart to say all the right things and keep a good attitude he hasn't been burning bridges like Cutler in Denver. If Campbell wins (assuming he makes it to the season) he stays. If he loses he gets replaced. I just hope he gets the help from his lineman and recievers to have a chance.

At what cost competition?

Wouldn't it make more sense to um i don't know....improve the team?

How does passing on OL/DL/OLB make the team better?

And if there was an open competition between Sanchez and Campbell it might ruin Sanchez confidence.

Jason Campbell by all accounts already pushes himself hard and gets pushed pretty hard by Zorn, watches film, works with receivers on his own time.

Gimme a break, competition.

Danny doesn't like Campbell and that is the underlining message i'm getting.

oh good Lord. If a 1st Round pick having to earn his spot by beating out our current Starter Jason Campbell would ruin said picks confidence, then he does NOT have what it takes to be an NFL starter, so don't even throw that hypothetical out there, its pointless.

Bottom Line, all rookies have to earn their spots. Sean Taylor Did, Rocky did, and so on.

Well its good that CP didnt say anything really dumb.

I dont believe the FO will trade up to get Sanchez. Dont even think they can afford (cap wise) to trade up.

I do think that if the lineman are gone by the 13th pick and Sanchez is still around then they pull the trigger on him.

I would also think that Collins would be the odd man out.

I love how CP says that "they couldnt protect him". This is what I have been saying all off season and everyone on here gives me crap. Go back and watch last years games, he never even gets to plant his last foot on one 7 step drop, no time at all. CP just said it too, he is on the feild and see's it first hand. JC has had no chance to succseed so far, because the line has faild him. Adding Doc. will help but we also need to draft an O-lineman with #13 so the skins can have a good year!!

I love how CP says that "they couldnt protect him". This is what I have been saying all off season and everyone on here gives me crap. Go back and watch last years games, he never even gets to plant his last foot on one 7 step drop, no time at all. CP just said it too, he is on the feild and see's it first hand. JC has had no chance to succseed so far, because the line has faild him. Adding Doc. will help but we also need to draft an O-lineman with #13 so the skins can have a good year!!

Its also something Zorn mentioned. But apparently neither Zorn or CP know as much as some posters here.

Why were you guys scared CP would say something stupid, he isn't a dummy lol...

All evidence to the contrary. :) He tends to open his mouth and insert foot more than anybody else on teh team.

So if drafting Sanchez means competition for Campbell, reading between the lines what does that say about Colt?

Hmmm..

It means he's gone, unless they trade JC. They won't plan on starting Sanchez right now, and they won't keep 3 developing QBs, so Collins would be safe as a vet presence, and CB and the Cult of Colt can move on to some other team.

Does anyone else find it funny that our star runningback and the analysts are all saying the same thing that the "Campbell apologists" are saying? We must be dellusional :doh:

Anybody with eyeballs watchign the games knew that the protection was crap from training camp through the end of the season. They managed to keep JC up right more often in the first half than the second. But after one of the pre-season games, Zorn was asked about his QB play, and he said, "irrelevant." IN PRESEASON.

Which is not to say that JC couldn't improve, might hold the ball at times (though, you can't throw it if nobody's open, and you're stuck with the ball), and does have accuracy issues. For me, that's the key: generally, you don't "get" accuracy. Either you are or you aren't. You generally don't learn that.

Its also something Zorn mentioned. But apparently neither Zorn or CP know as much as some posters here.

The HC and players know nothing compared to the posters who only watch the games once, generally while drinking, and mostly on TV where you can't see the whole field.

All evidence to the contrary. :) He tends to open his mouth and insert foot more than anybody else on teh team.

It means he's gone, unless they trade JC. They won't plan on starting Sanchez right now, and they won't keep 3 developing QBs, so Collins would be safe as a vet presence, and CB and the Cult of Colt can move on to some other team.

:doh: Right keeping the QB who looks the least comfortable in the WCO and has a high salary at 38 would be the optimal move.

You don't draft a QB at 13 for competition, that's like saying you took a WR at 13 because he's got "great return skills" (ala Cam Cameron 1-15 Dolphins coach).

Not that I'd necessarily be surprised to see something like that come out of Vinny's mouth. Actually I think Vinny is constantly surprised at all the wierd **** that comes out of his mouth. He's constantly starring down in that direction with his huge "oh **** it's talking again" look.

Archived