Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: RI: Skins' Interest in Sanchez Still Strong

SkinsMaster88

This would certainly be confusing. Forgetting Campbell for a second (even though he's our incumbent starting QB)...what about Brennan? That's not a joke...we have him here learning the system, taking reps, and now both he AND Campbell will essentially be pushed aside for the latest and greatest rookie QB?

I could definitely understand if a FO becomes disenchanted with a QB. It happens. And, if both our backups were old, then fine, draft his replacement. But, in theory, we've had Campbell's replacement on the roster for a year now.

Ideally, I'd love Campbell to take the reins and succeed. If he can't, I'd like to see Colt be the guy. If we already know that both those guys can't do it (impossible), then Sanchez is fine.

This would certainly be confusing. Forgetting Campbell for a second (even though he's our incumbent starting QB)...what about Brennan? That's not a joke...we have him here learning the system, taking reps, and now both he AND Campbell will essentially be pushed aside for the latest and greatest rookie QB?

I could definitely understand if a FO becomes disenchanted with a QB. It happens. And, if both our backups were old, then fine, draft his replacement. But, in theory, we've had Campbell's replacement on the roster for a year now.

Ideally, I'd love Campbell to take the reins and succeed. If he can't, I'd like to see Colt be the guy. If we already know that both those guys can't do it (impossible), then Sanchez is fine.

Colt is a 6th rd draftee. He doesn't deserve anything. He's lucky have made the team. Only way he gets the chance if the starting QB gets hurt and stars while filling in.

Sanchez has 16 total starts. History tells us that QB's do much better with that senior year of seasoning also. I really hope we don't go for him. This goes along with my post a little while back about staying away from workout warriors and sticking to college game tape for the most part. He was decent at USC, but he also had a great surrounding cast and a very good defense.

I firmly believe that this is a smoke screen for other teams interested to move up and trade with the Redskins.

They were 15 minutes away from getting Jay Cutler, so that should tell you all you need to know. They are going to do something at QB, because they have no faith in JC nor do I. We would be better off in 2009 with JC instead of a rookie QB.

Seems to me that Campbell is approaching Carr territory, honestly. "Give him more time. Give him a line! He needs a wideout! Ok, he needs TWO wideouts!" etc etc

Well maybe if we actually gave him a line, that excuse wouldn't be applicable. Sadly, it is.

Colt is a 6th rd draftee. He doesn't deserve anything. He's lucky have made the team. Only way he gets the chance if the starting QB gets hurt and stars while filling in.

I never said he deserved anything. I'm talking more about our program and philosophy. If Colt wasn't going to be your QB-in-waiting, then you might as well have two experienced backups.

It makes no sense to have a player on your roster who can't play immediately unless you have a long-term plan for that player. So either, a) he is considered a potential starting QB down the road or B) we wasted a roster spot with him last year.

If we draft Sanchez, I would like to go ahead and have two vets on the roster as our other QBs...

So there is a very real chance that Campbell will suck this year and be gone next? Then wouldn't it make sense to prepare for that chance (as it is the most important position on the team) just to be safe? Otherwise, if Campbell does bomb and we wait until NEXT year to pick one up, that's just delaying our progress by an entire year.

What would make anyone believe that Campbell will 'suck' or 'bomb' this year? What's your definition of 'sucking' or 'bombing'?

The FO does not show JC any respect, Are they trying to get him to snap. Even the guys on this board that want a open COMP at QB don't like to see a class act like JC being treated like this. I wonder if JZ has anything to do with this?

**** this ****. Draft an offensive lineman and leave the pretty positions alone. You've had to have learned by now, front office.

The pretty positions is what wins football games. The signal caller is the most important position on the team, make no mistake about that. Unfortunately, JC is not the answer and we do not need another season to realize this. Again, if Sanchez is there at 13 there should be no hesitation on the pick. An OL can't make JC a better QB, he lacks the awareness, pocket presence that is required of the position. I'm no expert but this is what I have witnessed the last couple of years.

I never said he deserved anything. I'm talking more about our program and philosophy. If Colt wasn't going to be your QB-in-waiting, then you might as well have two experienced backups.

It makes no sense to have a player on your roster who can't play immediately unless you have a long-term plan for that player. So either, a) he is considered a potential starting QB down the road or B) we wasted a roster spot with him last year.

If we draft Sanchez, I would like to go ahead and have two vets on the roster as our other QBs...

6th rd QBs are drafted to be cheap backups. If they ever become a good starting QB (after many years on the bench learning & the starting QB hurt), you hit the lottery jackpot. This is the reason why Colt will not be the answer in the short term or ever.

If we draft Sanchez, you want vet (2nd string) and young guy learning too (3rd string). Why. Because vet will get old / demand more $$$ / release, young guy takes his place, we draft another late rd backup and cycle repeats.

The pretty positions is what wins football games. The signal caller is the most important position on the team, make no mistake about that. Unfortunately, JC is not the answer and we do not need another season to realize this. Again, if Sanchez is there at 13 there should be no hesitation on the pick. An OL can't make JC a better QB, he lacks the awareness, pocket presence that is required of the position. I'm no expert but this is what I have witnessed the last couple of years.

I stopped reading after that.

I disagree. When Flacco gets to the AFC Championship game, Dilfer wins a Super Bowl, etc. I will not agree that QBs, RBs, and WRs are what wins games or championships.

You need solid lines (both O and D) in order to put your "pretty" players into good positions. Think about it...a good OL helps EVERYONE else on offense:

-Protects the QB

-Gives the RB running lanes

-Gives the WRs time to break free

A good DL helps EVERYONE else on defense:

-Opens up attack lanes and keeps blockers off of LBs

-Force QBs into quick throws helping DBs

What would make anyone believe that Campbell will 'suck' or 'bomb' this year? What's your definition of 'sucking' or 'bombing'?

A repeat of last year, no improvement, 13 TD's. That would be suck. I have seen nothing that makes me think this year will be any better; especially considering his degression in the second half of last season.

I disagree. When Flacco gets to the AFC Championship game, Dilfer wins a Super Bowl, etc. I will not agree that QBs, RBs, and WRs are what wins games or championships.

You need solid lines (both O and D) in order to put your "pretty" players into good positions. Think about it...a good OL helps EVERYONE else on offense:

-Protects the QB

If you want, one and done. You are correct, but if you want to be constantly in SB run, you need elite franchise QB.

-Protects the QB

Yes, I agree with all of the above points. However, we can look at the colts OL as an example of the "pretty" player. Peyton Manning makes that OL look good, not the other way around. All I am saying is that we are a QB away from taking the next step. By the way, Dilfer was an example of a great defense. Again, this is just my opinion, don't profess to be an expert.

I firmly believe that this is a smoke screen for other teams interested to move up and trade with the Redskins.

If teams were so convinced the Redskins are in love with Sanchez, wouldn't it compell them to jump ahead of the Redskins and trade with another team? Otherwise they are banking on him falling at 13 and the Skins fall out of love with him for the right deal.

If it were me, I'd look to jump ahead of the Skins reading this stuff.

Archived