Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Create-Your-Own Redskins Draft Board

SkinsTribeVA

Imagine you're Vinny (scary thought, huh?) sitting in the war room on draft day--what would your 2009 Redskins Draft Board look like?

Here's mine (For the sake of time and space, I'm leaving out guys who are almost certainly going to be gone when we pick and only including guys who have somewhat of a chance of still being on the board, please don't plague this thread with "no way he'll still be there" comments.) If Smith, Monroe, Curry, or Orakpo were still there, I'd take them in a heartbeat, otherwise...

OT Michael Oher

OT Andre Smith

OLB Clay Matthews

LB Rey Maualuga

OLB Brian Cushing

DE Tyson Jackson

DE Aaron Maybin

If none of those guys are available, trade back

So, what would your draft board look like?

It's pretty obvious what I think our order of needs are. In case you were wondering, I put Oher above Smith because of Smith's character/work ethic issues, Maualuga above Cushing because I like Maualuga's swagger/instinct/tenacity, and Jackson above Maybin because I think Jackson is more of the type of player we need opposite Carter and would fit better with our system (size is a big part of this one).

Maybin that low? I don't know where he would play in our scheme but I assume they would try him at SAM because he is too light for LE. But Maybin is a top ten prospect, and some 3-4 team will be very happy with him.

Also, what are your thoughts if other elite luxury pick guys drop to us. Crazier things have happened, and someone like B.J. Raji, Mark Sanchez, or Michael Crabtree could fall to us. I would take any of them over Clay Matthews, Brian Cushing, Everette Brown, Tyson Jackson, or Robert Ayers. None of those guys IMO give excellent value at 13 overall (Maybe Brown but he doesn't fit our scheme well at all).

Remember, there are only a few really spectacular CB prospects in this draft, so if Green Bay, Miami, Atlanta, or New Orleans really wants one of them, they might have to take one early. Also, Sanchez has worked his way into a top ten spot somewhere, and Knowshon Moreno and Beanie Wells are also really solid prospects. Either one of them could go before 13 and it wouldn't surprise me.

Lastly, Jeremy Maclin and perhaps Percy Harvin are both elite talents and it wouldn't surprise me if one of them was gone before we pick. Good players are going to fall, I am pretty confident that either Oher or Andre Smith will be there when we pick.

All 4 OT prospects won't be gone by 13. Last year was a huge OT year and only two were taken before 13.

Because you never know what happens, I'll include all the top picks I would want to draft

Aaron Curry

BJ Raji

Jason Smith

Eugene Monroe

Brian Orakpo

Michael Oher

Andre Smith

Rey Maualuga

Clay Mathews

Peria Jerry

Nice. And you're right. People are making draft boards based on what they perceive ad needs and not based on BPA. I think, strongly, that that's fail.

I think

QB Mark Sanchez

OT Andre Smith

DE Briak Orakpo

OT Michael Oher

WR Michael CrabTree

OLB Brian Cushing

LB Rey Maualuga

OLB Clay Matthews

WR Hakeem Nicks

DE Robert Ayers

C Alex Mack

DE Tyson Jackson

C Max Unger

RB KNowshon Moreno

RB Chris Wells

Andre Smith is realistic #1 (NO WAY OHER OVER SMITH...SMITH HAS THE BEST FEET IN THE DRAFT...MANY SAY HES THE 31 TACKLE), the other OTs wont be there. Also, as we showed in previous threads, DEs are very often busts, so no Orakpo/Maybin plz.

in putting together a draft board, you don't take anyone off just because you think they'll be gone, that's why you put a board together, in case someone drops to you that you'd want.

1. Eugene Monroe

2. Aaron Curry

3. Jason Smith

4. Michael Crabtree

5. Brian Orakpo

6. B.J. Raji

7. Rey Maualuga

8. Michael Oher

9. Andre Smith

10. Darrius Heyward-Bey

11. Everette Brown

12. Aaron Maybin

13. Tyson Jackson

14. Percy Harvin

15. Chris "Beanie" Wells

16. Brian Cushing

17. Jeremy Maclin

18. Peria Jerry

19. Robert Ayers

20. Clay Matthews

21. Knowshon Moreno

22. Alex Mack

23. Max Unger

24. Hakeem Nicks

25. William Beatty

left Stafford and Sanchez off because I wouldn't select a QB here

Well since Vinny drafts best player available....and well I'm playing Vinny...I will include guys who we have no shot in getting as well

Aaron Curry

Jason Smith

Eugene Monroe

Brian Orakpo

BJ Raji

Andre Smith

Michael Oher

Aaron Maybin

Rey Maualuga

Clay Mathews

Brian Cushing

Darius Heyward Bey

Percy Harvin

1: Eugene Monroe (OT) - in my opinion, the best OT in the draft. too bad there's a 0% chance he'll be here.

2: Aaron Curry (OLB) - only OLB i believe is worth the #13 pick. also worth the #2 pick, unfortunately. 0% chance.

3: Matt Stafford (QB) - i'm a believer in Jason Campbell so, if Stafford is still on the board (5% chance), we should try to get 2x draft-value-differential on the trade. if we can't get good value, though, take him.

4: Jason Smith (OT) - i'm not sure he'd be great at RT while he's in the wings for the eventual LT position, but he's an elite prospect. 0% chance he's there, though.

5: Brian Orakpo (DE) - best DE in the draft; combined with Haynesworth and opposite Carter, he would be a terror. we'd have a top 3 DL and maybe the #1 defense. 10% chance he's there.

6: Andre Smith (OT) - maybe the most talented lineman in the draft. perfect RT and, although he might never work out at LT, he would instantly fix our OL. 25% chance he's available.

7: BJ Raji (DT) - best DT in the draft. Haynesworth + Raji = 0 yds rushing allowed. 33% chance he's available.

8: Rey Maualuga (MLB) - i'm not sold on his abilities at OLB, but he would probably be an upgrade there. when Fletcher retires (knock on wood), though, i would love for Rey to fill in for him. 80% chance he's available.

9: Michael Oher (OT) - Solid RT, big upgrade there. Also projects to be an elite LT when Samuels is done (knock on wood, again). 80% chance he's available.

10: TRADE BACK!!! i would be displeased with anyone else. i believe Crabtree is also worth the pick, but we don't need him and i think his character and worth ethic are terrible. what's more, i don't think we'd get good value on a trade if he falls to us. just skip over him.

if we get any of these O-linemen, i think the skins not only MAKE the playoffs, but win at least one playoff game.

if we get the DE or DT, we get 9-11 wins and make the playoffs, but probably won't win anything there.

if we get an LB, i predict 8-9 wins and no playoff appearance.

if we get the QB or anyone off the list, i think we get fewer than 8 wins.

MY PREDICTION: Andre Smith and 2+ playoff wins.

Nice. And you're right. People are making draft boards based on what they perceive ad needs and not based on BPA. I think, strongly, that that's fail.

Only time I would disagree with BPA is when your drafting as high as we are in the first round. It has been repeatedly said that at 13 you want a starter. If the BPA plays a position where you have a good player at, and you have obvious holes to fill than drafting for need is probably a good idea. Especially when trying to find young O-Lineman to replace older guys.

But hey, what do I know...I just play Madden.

Some of you guys have no idea how to construct a draft board.

You don't asume anything on a draft board, you just list the players best to worst that you think will be good additions to your team.

Nobody should be left off unless it's a player you just don't want to draft.

Some of you guys have no idea how to construct a draft board.

You don't asume anything on a draft board, you just list the players best to worst that you think will be good additions to your team.

Nobody should be left off unless it's a player you just don't want to draft.

I said I was going to only list the players who would possibly be available "for the sake of time and space." We're not ACTUALLY Vinny prepping for the draft--this is for fun.

1. Eugene Monroe- most polished OT coming out of College, I don't know his ceiling, but I'd think he would not be a bust

2.Aaron Curry- Best Linebacker out of College

3. Jason Smith- Athletic enough to play in the WCO

4. Brian Orakpo

5. Everette Brown

6.Rey Maulaluga

7. Andre Smith-Maturity aside, he has better foot work and technique than Oher

8. Michale Oher

9. Brian Cushing

10. BJ Raji- Bullrushing DT

11. Aaron Maybin

12. Michael Johnson

13. Michael Crabtree-Receivers take a while to develop, and this guy might be your stereotypical primadonna receiver

14. Alex Mack- best interior Lineman in the draft

OLB-Aaron Curry

OT-Eugene Monroe

OT-Jason Smith

DE-Brian Orakpo

DT-B.J. Raji

OT-Andre Smith

OT-Michael Oher

DE-Evertte Brown

WR-Michael Crabtree

**look to trade back**

OLB-Brian Cushing