Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Football City-Denver,Chicago or DC?

veteranskinsfan

Of course we do.

I would also add Buffalo to the list. They have a rabid loyalty and great tailgating. One of the best tailgating experiences I've ever had....though we lost to them that day. :doh:

Throw Green Bay in there too.

Nice to here

Still, when I heard that the trade didn't go through because Denver liked ORton over Campbell that really made me sad. For reasons that I will never know denver thought that orton was a better QB than CAmpbell.

How many fans showed up for Ditka's HOF ceremony?

How many fans showed up for Elway's HOF ceremony?

How many fans showed up for Monk/Green HOF ceremony?

The crowd announced was 16,654. It seemed like 16,000 of them were Redskins fans in burgundy and gold. An analysis of early ticket sales indicated that 75 percent of tickets were sold to fans in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area.

Um... We... um... WIN...

I don't see how anyone can make an informed opinion about this without living in each of the respective cities for a number of years or attending a multitude of games at the respective stadiums. Did Eisen elaborate on why he thought Washington was a better football city than the other two? It would be nice to know how he came to this conclusion.

How many fans showed up for Ditka's HOF ceremony?

How many fans showed up for Elway's HOF ceremony?

How many fans showed up for Monk/Green HOF ceremony?

Um... We... um... WIN...

/close thread

That week was incredible and nothing any other group of fans can ever replicate.

I don't see how anyone can make an informed opinion about this without living in each of the respective cities for a number of years or attending a multitude of games at the respective stadiums. Did Eisen elaborate on why he thought Washington was a better football city than the other two? It would be nice to know how he came to this conclusion.

hail2skins-No Eisen did not elaborate much. It was at the end of the interview and Dan Patrick was just trying to get Eisen to make quick decision. Eisen did not want to offend the fans in any of the cities of course. His first question was are the fans in Chicago or Denver the better sports fans? He said this of course because they had just talked about the trade for Cutler. Eisen picked Chicago and Patrick disagreed and picked Broncos. So then he asked about D.C. fans and that's when they both agreed that D.C. fans were more into football than either Denver fans or Chicago fans.

Rich Eisen was on the Dan Patrick radio show today and was asked among those three cities which has the best fans? Both Answered: Washington D.C.!!

Do you agree with Patrick and Eisen and if not which city would you pick?

I'd say you have to ad Greenbay come on their very religous about their team. Cheeseheads~

Not true.

Its no different than saying that Green Bay is a bigger football city than Jacksonville. Its all about reputation, and by Eisen picking DC as a better sports city, it means we have a better reputation.

Or, you could just watch this.

Not true.

Its no different than saying that Green Bay is a bigger football city than Jacksonville. Its all about reputation, and by Eisen picking DC as a better sports city, it means we have a better reputation.

Horrible comparison.....you're talking about a city that's had a team forever versus one that's had one for, what, 15 years?

By that logic, I guess Gibbs was one of the best coaches in the league during his second stint here based on his reputation.

Horrible comparison.....you're talking about a city that's had a team forever versus one that's had one for, what, 15 years?

By that logic, I guess Gibbs was one of the best coaches in the league during his second stint here based on his reputation.

Now youre just being picky. You know exactly what Im talking about.

How about Atlanta vs Cleveland? Arizona vs Philly? Is that easier for you to understand?

Now youre just being picky. You know exactly what Im talking about.

How about Atlanta vs Cleveland? Arizona vs Philly? Is that easier for you to understand?

Better, although those two comparisons are still between cities who have had franchises for far from an equal amount of time.

But back to that "reputation" word......I'm sure the "rep" of Redskins fans looked really good on a certain Monday night last November when tens of thousands of Terrible Towels were waving in OUR stadium where OUR at the time 6-2 team was playing. Not that the season ticket holding people necessarily represents the fanbase as a whole, but......just sayin'.

Archived