Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How many dates before a kiss?

robotfire

my girl gave me a small kiss on the lips at the end of our second date. i didnt get a really good kiss until in to our 4th date.

and we arent stuck in the friend zone.

See? Second date though. I still say if you go 3 dates with nothing you're in trouble. It doesn't have to be makeout central - just any kind of kiss.

I brought this up a couple pages ago!

If I might at my 2cents about first kisses: some guys really need to learn to calm down with them. A first kiss is generally not the time to pounce on a girl or suffocate her. You gotta ease into it ;)

I have a friend who has been on two dates, and I don't think he's kissed her yet. How many dates can you go through before kissing a girl? What is the maximum number of dates you can have before kissing her, and what is the minimum?

EDIT: My opinion is he HAS to kiss her by the third date. The minimum is the first date, which is when my wife and I first kissed. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to submit my resume as a construction worker, tae kwon do instructor, and professional weight lifter.

3rd date works. If ur in 4th grade. If I spend ANY $$ on food/drink I expect to get something in return.

she knows by date 1 if she wants to make out w/ you.

This.

But for an answer, it all depends on the situation. If there's great chemistry, go for it. Hell go for it during the middle of the date. If you're unsure, just wait. But if there's that little awkward pause when you go to say goodnight, it's usually an invitation for a kiss.

Also, I know lots of girls who aren't too scared to make the first move, but I think it's just seen as more romantic when the guy makes the move.

This.

But for an answer, it all depends on the situation. If there's great chemistry, go for it. Hell go for it during the middle of the date. If you're unsure, just wait. But if there's that little awkward pause when you go to say goodnight, it's usually an invitation for a kiss.

Also, I know lots of girls who aren't too scared to make the first move, but I think it's just seen as more romantic when the guy makes the move.

There you have it guys. Direct from the horse's mouth. She tells you to "go for it in the middle of the date." She doesn't think it's that big of a deal, and her opinion IS IMPORTANT is it not? She also says it's awkward to wait until goodnight. (This is why you make sure YOU always end the date not her. End phone calls, etc. She will value you more trust me.)

She also knows girls who aren't too scared to make the first move. This shows you things are changing, but "scared" is what most girls are because they've been taught since they were wee ones that the prince goes looking for THEM in the tower, not the other way around.

And if you look like Shrek, then just be yourself.

BE YOURSELF with girls. I'm sure Skinsgirl will back me up on this.

This.

I never wait for the door. I always go for the middle of the date kiss. Then again, I don't go out with girls who I don't already have good chemistry with, so maybe thats why it works. :silly:

There you have it guys. Direct from the horse's mouth.

And if you look like Shrek, then just be yourself.

BE YOURSELF with girls. I'm sure Skinsgirl will back me up on this.

Are you calling me a horse? :silly: And yeah...exactly. Don't be some one you're not to try and impress some one. It'll bite you in the butt in the long run.

yo i'm bout to try "the ritz" this weekend

Good luck with that :D

Are you calling me a horse? :silly: And yeah...exactly. Don't be some one you're not to try and impress some one. It'll bite you in the butt in the long run.

Yes, I did call you a horse, I bet nobody has the courage to tell you. It's either the long face or big teeth. Anyway... I digress.

"Don't be someone you're not" - This is SAGE advice guys. She is telling you like it is. If you don't buy flowers, sit on opposite sides of the couch, and basically kiss your closest family members and friends's butts then don't kiss hers, or she will know immediately. Lay back, be cool, and be like her best friend (you.) Read her signs. If positive then put the moves on her.

"It'll bite you in the butt in the long run." - (Sorry, I missed the "t" in the first word and got caught up thinking about this...) LISTEN to Skinsgirl guys. Don't fake this garbage and expect her to play along for long.

1. Wear nice shoes.

2. Smell good, but don't overdo it.

3. Don't tuck your shirt in.

4. Open posture.

5. Be a gentleman, open doors, guide her, order for her.

6. Kick back and be her friend.

7. Don't go on dates... just call her and swing by.

8. Don't smile much if at all (don't frown either.)

9. Be slightly arrogant and very funny.

10. Read her signs and move with complete confidence.

One more thing: No means NO creepo. (Getting her drunk is out of bounds too.)

Yes, I did call you a horse, I bet nobody has the courage to tell you. It's either the long face or big teeth. Anyway... I digress.

One more thing: No means NO creepo. (Getting her drunk is included.)

Are you hitting on me with your playful insult banter? :silly:

And why wouldn't you smile? If a guy wasn't smiling I'd think he wasn't having fun....this is pretty much the only thing I disagree with. Also, what if she wants to get drunk? Then you should most def get her drunk...aka pay for her drinks. But I'm in no way advocating getting a girl drunk to take advantage of her....(which is what I think you were implying?)

Edit: 6. Kick back and be her friend. <-- that too. My last bf was my best friend. We talked about everything and joked around about everything. He'd randomly stop by my apartment to just hang out or take me to the shootin range. Then he broke my heart and I punched him in the face, but he was the best bf up until then.

Are you hitting on me with your playful insult banter? :silly:

And why wouldn't you smile? If a guy wasn't smiling I'd think he wasn't having fun....this is pretty much the only thing I disagree with. Also, what if she wants to get drunk? Then you should most def get her drunk...aka pay for her drinks. But I'm in no way advocating getting a girl drunk to take advantage of her....(which is what I think you were implying?)

Edit: 6. Kick back and be her friend. <-- that too. My last bf was my best friend. We talked about everything and joked around about everything. He'd randomly stop by my apartment to just hang out or take me to the shootin range. Then he broke my heart and I punched him in the face, but he was the best bf up until then.

Wow, you are really spilling the beans out Skinsgirl. This is a good lesson for the guys here. (BTW, I was making a point with my playful insult...)

The smile thing is important because if a guy smiles too much what is your reaction to him Skinsgirl? Let's say he calls you a "horse" for instance and then smiles and says "just teasing." How is that different from a guy who teases you with a straight face like a flirtatious challenge? Let's amp it up one step. Suppose you are with your friends in a bar all dolled up and making your presence known to all the guys there. You have a vibe like: "Yeah, we're hot and we know you want us. And we despise you for it." Some confident guy walks up unsmiling and sees you are the ring leader. He keeps a straight face and says something like "Wow, that's a really amazing purse you have... I didn't know Michael Jackson had an estate sale..." Your friends bust out laughing... at you. They put their hands over their mouths.

How do you feel right now?

1. You narrow your eyes and want to slap the guy right now. Then you want to kiss him.

2. Your mouth drops open. "OH MY GOD, YOU DIDN'T JUST SAY THAT!" You still want to kiss him.

3. He says "Anyway..." and leaves before you can say anything. You want to chase him down and tell him what's on your mind. And then want to kiss him.

4. None of the above. (He's out of your league good looking and you chicken out.)

Oh, remind me never to be your boyfriend. I don't like to be punched, only spanked if I'm really bad. Oh, and I'd make you pay for my drinks by the way.

This.

I think its all about chemistry. If a guy hasn't gotten an "invite" by the 2nd or 3rd date, then she probably has him in "the friend zone" and so he should probably not get his hopes up.

And I'm all for the lady making the first move - much sexier that way!

1. Wear nice shoes.

4. Open posture.

Those are the only ones I disagree with.

It's not a bad thing if you've scheduled a date. If you're into a girl, and you'd like to hang out with her, maybe she would too, but people lead busy lives and it helps to know she's not just blowing you off when you call her, she actually has things she needs to attend to.

The smile thing is important because if a guy smiles too much what is your reaction to him Skinsgirl? Let's say he calls you a "horse" for instance and then smiles and says "just teasing." How is that different from a guy who teases you with a straight face like a flirtatious challenge? Let's amp it up one step. Suppose you are with your friends in a bar all dolled up and making your presence known to all the guys there. You have a vibe like: "Yeah, we're hot and we know you want us. And we despise you for it." Some confident guy walks up unsmiling and sees you are the ring leader. He keeps a straight face and says something like "Wow, that's a really amazing purse you have... I didn't know Michael Jackson had an estate sale..." Your friends bust out laughing... at you. They put their hands over their mouths.

1. You narrow your eyes and want to slap the guy right now. Then you want to kiss him.

2. Your mouth drops open. "OH MY GOD, YOU DIDN'T JUST SAY THAT!" You still want to kiss him.

3. He says "Anyway..." and leaves before you can say anything. You want to chase him down and tell him what's on your mind. And then want to kiss him.

4. None of the above. (He's out of your league good looking and you chicken out.)

This ties into the smiling part I quoted above.

There's definitely an option 5 you didn't list, which is where the girl might just think you're a jackass, especially if you just walk away after saying it. Especially if you're in a bar setting- then they could easily think you're a drunken jackass.

Smiling really isn't an issue I don't think. Either a girl is feeling your humor and jokes and wants to share a good time with you, or she's not funny herself or isn't about what you're selling.

I could maybe see how the "not smiling" angle might possibly work, but to me it's walking a thin line and not necessary.

"Don't be someone you're not" - This is SAGE advice guys. She is telling you like it is. If you don't buy flowers, sit on opposite sides of the couch, and basically kiss your closest family members and friends's butts then don't kiss hers, or she will know immediately. Lay back, be cool, and be like her best friend (you.) Read her signs. If positive then put the moves on her.

"It'll bite you in the butt in the long run." - (Sorry, I missed the "t" in the first word and got caught up thinking about this...) LISTEN to Skinsgirl guys. Don't fake this garbage and expect her to play along for long.

1. Wear nice shoes.

4. Open posture.

The first thing is cool, but the rules? Thats too much to think about. Just do it. Just be yourself and don't stress about it too much. if it happens, it happens. if it doesn't, then it doesn't.

The most important thing is probably to have a lot of options so that you aren't too caught up on this one girl.

Wow, you are really spilling the beans out Skinsgirl. This is a good lesson for the guys here. (BTW, I was making a point with my playful insult...)

Oh, remind me never to be your boyfriend. I don't like to be punched, only spanked if I'm really bad. Oh, and I'd make you pay for my drinks by the way.

First of all, why would we get all dolled up and then hate guys for thinking we're hot? That's just ridiculous. And I'd probably laugh and say something about his ugly shoes because he didn't listen to you and wear nice shoes :D Seriously, I'd just return banter with banter. I'm very sarcastic so that's my style. But I don't know if one sentence would determine if I would want to kiss him or not. That's quite shallow, and where I've had my shallower moments, I don't know if one sentence makes me want to kiss him. Unless he's Brad Pitt, as he was brought up earlier. He could probably say anything and I'd still pucker up :silly:

And I would only sock you in the face if I found out you secretly had another girlfriend back at home :( Epic fail on that one. Anyway, boyfriends should pay for drinks/dinner/dates sometimes. But I've taken guys out and paid before, I like to be fair, I just prefer to be "old-fashioned" (it has nothing to do with not wanting to pay).

that not smiling thing is a joke. Its all about bein yourself. If you're a smiling person who jokes around a lot then lead with that. If you're caught up in tryin to follow the rules then the girl's gonna realize you're being fake and just laugh at you (and you won't get a kiss).

A girl is either feeling you or she's not. If she's not then its up to you to know to move on and not settle for being a friend or try to win her over.

Archived