Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

question to all the Bush haters

jbooma

If Bush can fix Iraq, which has happened with the removal of Saddam, and if he can get Israel and Palestine to agree on a state, and Sharon has now said he doesn't think Israel should be in the settlements how can you not vote for him?????

He would have done what no other president or country could have done. You all might say the Economy, but that is already starting to recover.

If he can fix Iraq. He has a long way to go before Iraq is fixed. They haven't found all the players, the weapons, haven't restored power, heck they don't even feel comfortable in helping the Iraqi's to establish a government that the Iraqi's would run. As for the Isreal and Palestinian solution... it has come so close so often, but in reality has never been even within shouting distance.

I still want to see a change in unemployment, concrete signs of an improving economy, at least some ideas put forward in the arenas of health care and education. I want to see what he does with North Korea and Iran. How he reestablishes connections with strained allies, etc. He has been a successful president in very limited arenas so far in my opinion. He has been a good commander in chief and good at consoling, leading Americans through the grief of 9/11. These are not small fetes, but in all other aspects of goverance, I have not seen either inspiration, ideas, or execution to my satifaction.

Iraq already fixed :laugh: You're kidding right?

How can I not vote for him? He's running up a record defecit for me and my children to pay off. Gee thanks.

He's nominating conservative after conservative to the courts. Of course that's what a conservative would do, but you asked why I wouldn't vote for him.

If he can get Sharon to stop settlements...big time props. I'm still doubtful. Even with Sharon's comments, he's still taking the "terrorism must stop before I do anything" approach. Notice, his meeting with the Palestinian PM has already been delayed again.

He's stopped funding for family planning around the world because it might mention abortion. Nevermind that the funding also taught proper birthing procedures which reduce birthing deaths. Note, some of that may be changing with the AIDS package.

I agree that Sharon's offer looks promising, but let's not forget that about three or so years ago Clinton got Israel to offer the Palestinians removal of all settlements and 97% of the land they wanted before everything collapsed. Let's wait until we hear the music before we start dancing.

Originally posted by Doggmatic

jbooma,

I haven't payed attention to the economy recently. What is the evidence it is starting to recover?

Well if anyone went to a mall or store this past weekend they were packed and people were buying like crazy. I know that unemployment numbers are what everyone looks at to determine the strength of the economy. This is not the best indicator, however a lot of companies who haven't hired in the last two years are now staring to hire again, this is a huge change.

The one thing that is misleading about the employment numbers is they don't take consider if someone who is still holding out for that "dream" IT job. I know a lot of people that are living off unemployment that will not go find a job, just because they are waiting for the same type of pay and job they had before. They could find a job somewhere else but don't try.

Maybe the news of the taxcut brought people out to the stores, who knows?

The first step of fixing Iraq is done, yes it will be long process to finish the job but how long did it take for the USA to be able to operate as a country after the revolutionary war, years not months my friends, give him time.

Originally posted by Funkyalligator

I'll never vote for an idiot like Bush, any man that can butcher the English language like that should never be our president.

Everyone from Texas butchers the language, hehahha. The President of the United States doesn't have to be a grammar winner, he just needs to be able to lead the country.

Originally posted by Funkyalligator

I'll never vote for an idiot like Bush, any man that can butcher the English language like that should never be our president.

Uh, then I guess you never would've voted for Andrew Jackson if you'd lived in that era....

"Never trust a man who only knows one way to spell a word" - Andrew Jackson, 7th President of the U.S.A.

When asked if he had any regrets looking back on his presidency, Andrew Jackson replied, "I should've hung Calhoun (his Vice President) while I had the chance."

Originally posted by jbooma

If Bush can fix Iraq, which has happened with the removal of Saddam, and if he can get Israel and Palestine to agree on a state, and Sharon has now said he doesn't think Israel should be in the settlements how can you not vote for him?????

He would have done what no other president or country could have done. You all might say the Economy, but that is already starting to recover.

The real question is will you vote for Dubya if he doesn't or will you make excuses and vote for him anyway?

Originally posted by JackC

The real question is will you vote for Dubya if he doesn't or will you make excuses and vote for him anyway?

If he falls flat on his face on everything and the democrats have a strong contender then I would be willing to vote for the democrats. I have never believed in voting on party lines, I believe in voting on who will be the better candidate and who believes in what I do. As of right now even if Bush were to mess up I can't take any of the Democratic candidates seriously. Unless someone else comes along then I could change my mind.

My first standard, for him to get my vote, would be treason charges against the people who've been making American citizens disappear without a trial.

An official policy that the fourth ammendment really does apply to all the citizens, all the time, might be a nice compromise. (Then again, I've been waiting for that for over 20 years, so I've about decided that it isn't coming).

I might even settle for a statement that the administration doesn't have the authority to declare that there are people the Constitution doesn't apply to, and that the administration doesn't have the right to decide who is and isn't in this category, and that this won't change no matter how many laws or executive orders get issued.

I was very enamored with McCain initially, primarliy because he was the only candidate w/ the cajones to slam ethanol subsidies during the primary debates in Iowa, and has on a number of occasions taken the GOP to task for passing pork barrel budgets. I've become disillusioned with him, however, because he's morphed into a single issue candidate on what is quite frankly an overblown issue - campaign finance reform. That siad, it should be noted that Bush's war on terrorism has fully embraced the McCain doctrine it once ridiculed of military involvement for democratic nation building

If Liebermann had been the Prez candidate instead of VP, I would've voted for him. I ended up voting for Harry Browne, but I don't think I will vote for him again in '04.

Originally posted by Kilmer17

They wont ever vote for him. And frankly he doesnt need them to vote for him or like him.

That's just the attitude that will make Dumya a one termer just like his daddy!

Originally posted by JackC

That's just the attitude that will make Dumya a one termer just like his daddy!

Actually Jack, it was Bush's thought that he could coast to a victory and that his opponent was a southern imbecile that cost Bush the presidency in 1992.

I don't think Dubya will make that same mistake. He will campaign on 9/11 and the recent war to win again - and the DEMS will probably campaign on the "its the economy stupid" tag line again.

Or at least, thats what I would do if I was in charge of both parties.

Jack, you mistunderstood what I wrote, or maybe I should have been more precise.

People like you will NEVER vote for him. You didnt vote for him in 00 and nothing he can do will change your mind. That being fact, there is no reason for him to attempt to change your mind. And he doesnt need your vote to win.

Well if anyone went to a mall or store this past weekend they were packed and people were buying like crazy.

That doesn't necessarily mean anything. When I start seeing companies earnings reports kicking butt over 2-3 quarters, I will believe it.

The one thing that is misleading about the employment numbers is they don't take consider if someone who is still holding out for that "dream" IT job. I know a lot of people that are living off unemployment that will not go find a job, just because they are waiting for the same type of pay and job they had before. They could find a job somewhere else but don't try.

I've been unemployed for a year and one week. I've tried several times to get jobs that were close to half what I made before. I didn't get the job several time. The other jobs that are listed, I do not possess the skill sets to get hired.

There are twice as many jobs available in the US today as there are people to fill them.

That's all well and good, but it doesn't work out that well when you can't take any old crappy job because you can't pay your bills with the income. Or if you don't have the skill set for just any old job, and you can't get hired anyway.

Truthfully, a large part of the problem falls on the folks who are filling the positions, and can't fill them for a long period of time because they can't find someone to match their unrealistic requirements.

Archived