Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

question to all the Bush haters

jbooma

Originally posted by Kilmer17

There are twice as many jobs available in the US today as there are people to fill them.

One, I would love to see the facts that youre quoting here. Where are they found? Thanks.

JBooma,

Did it occur to you that some businesses might be slashing prices to make up for poor earnings in previous quarters? Insanely low prices will bring out anyone, whether they have $'s in their pocket or not.

Packed malls isn't the best indicator of a rebounding economy. Nor is vacant malls a sign of bad times.

I do not count myself as a Bush hater. On the other hand, I will never be such a knee-jerk conservative as to say that Iraq is fixed, that Bush's roadmap will succeed any better than Jimmy Carter's Camp David Accords or that the economy is clearly on the mend.

Please people, try and think for yourselves!!

Iraq is a mess. The administration had NO plan for postwar reconstruction as evidenced by the fact that the guy they sent over there to oversee things said that he had not been told to plan for it until just before the war began. Now, of course, he has been relieved of his post, after three weeks on the job. Good planning there.

The Middle East is just going to take a long time, if it is ever resolved. Bush is no closer than any other American President, and I don't hold him responsible for that in any way. He is doing what he can, and under the circumstances I rate his plan as a nice place to start. But fixed? Come on.

The economy is in danger of deflation. Even Greenspan is talking openly about this. Something unheard of, literally, since 1929. While we may be able to keep it from happening, the possibility should be enough to tell you that the economy is not improving.

Stop listening to conservative talk radio. Realize that those guys are conservatives only because they get paid more to spout conservative rhetoric. If there were as many strict conservatives out there as we are being led to believe, Barry Goldwater would have won in 1964.

Originally posted by The Evil Genius

Did it occur to you that some businesses might be slashing prices to make up for poor earnings in previous quarters? Insanely low prices will bring out anyone, whether they have $'s in their pocket or not.

Packed malls isn't the best indicator of a rebounding economy. Nor is vacant malls a sign of bad times.

I never said it was the best indicator, all I said was there were more people out this week then before. I was also curious because was that from the tax bill passed or not?

However, the best sign I have seen is companies that have not hired in over 2 years are now stopping the hiring freeze. All along I believed we wouldn't feel the economy bouncing back till the end of the year. These are just little signs that it is happening. One other good sign, I know of some recent graduates that have been able to find jobs a lot easier than last year.

Ive had 2 job openings for a few months now with no prospects of filling them. Too many people are still looking for the mid90s tech boom wage scale that no longer exists.

My point exactly. Think about this what group of workers mostly benefited from the tech boom? It was everyone coming out of college. They were all offered crazy salaries to just sit in their cool ergo chairs. This group didn't understand what it meant from working your way up the coporate ladder. During the tech fallout these were also the people that were let go, because of this there was a misperception of what a job really is and still holding out hope for it. I had to bust my but for over 8 years before I got into a position I could keep and grow. The reason why I am doing okay now is experience through all the ups and downs.

I'm hiring 2 Associate Insurance Agents. No experience reqd. We'll pay for schooling and licensing (1 year employment guarentee and non compete 5 years). Locate anywhere in the SW FL area from Tampa down to Ft Meyers.

It's commission sales, but the potential after a few years is well over 200K.

Im also hiring a CSR/receptionist. No experience necessary. Sal- 22k a year. Upward promotion available.

I get nothing but complete idiots apply. 1 lady actually sent a cover letter that said "I am a goof tyist and have an attention to detail."

And that was one of the better ones.

Originally posted by The Evil Genius

Actually Jack, it was Bush's thought that he could coast to a victory and that his opponent was a southern imbecile that cost Bush the presidency in 1992.

I don't think Dubya will make that same mistake. He will campaign on 9/11 and the recent war to win again - and the DEMS will probably campaign on the "its the economy stupid" tag line again.

Or at least, thats what I would do if I was in charge of both parties.

Yes, Ole Dumya would know a "imbecile" when he sees one I guess! LOL! :)

Jack, you mistunderstood what I wrote, or maybe I should have been more precise.

People like you will NEVER vote for him. You didnt vote for him in 00 and nothing he can do will change your mind. That being fact, there is no reason for him to attempt to change your mind. And he doesnt need your vote to win.

Kilmer,

OK. I am too bright for him to fool anyway! :)

Frankly, Kilmer, I'm not buying into (what I see as a deliberatly-manufactured myth of) "liberal-biased media".

While I have a great many problems with the way news is presented nowdays, (they seem to have abandoned the "just the facts" school, where they'd take a spokesman's statement on an issue, then show you how he's doctoring the numbers to come up with his statement, in favor of a standard that says that, if you pick two people from opposite sides, and allow both of them to give you a three-second sound bite, and then air both sound bites unchallenged, then you're being "fair"), the impression I've been getting is that I'm seeing a lot more conservative spin than liberal. (It's not exactly one-sided, there's just more of it).

One example I've seen that may be old enough for people to discuss without re-opening the actual argument: During the "Florida Election Crisis", how many references did you see that referred to "Florida's Democratic Supreme Court", versus how many references to "The US Republican Supreme Court"? Both labels are spin included in a "news" story. But, only one label got used (repetedly). (I'm not trying to open a "Bush stole the election" debate: Merely commenting on how it was covered.)

If he would start fondling female military aides on Air Force 1, get a couple blow jobs from some young interns in the White House while shoving a cigar up their a$$. Rape a campaign contributor or two. And humiliate his wife and daughters in front of the whole world, that should at least get the feminists to vote for him.

;)

Larry,

If you don't buy into liberal slant in the media then you are kidding yourself into living in a dreamworld because it's not fiction that creates the bias. It's people with bias who create the bias. But, if by this point in your adult life you don't see the reality of how slant appears there's little that can be done to give you a true picture of the world because you've decided to ignore so much vital stuff out there :).

Archived