Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo! Sports: Redskins re-sign PK Shaun Suisham

Rocky52Mc

man.... our specials teams is KILLING us. special teams is something we need more focus on.... and not by drafting a durant brooks

I don't think they care too much about special teams. Keeping the worst kicker in the league, releasing their punter and signing a no name, and they're probably going to go with ARE again on PR.

It simply amazes me that year after year, people develop, get older, finish their collegiate career, and we STILL can't find a kicker. How hard can it be? For the love of God, someone, somewhere, who frequents this board, take it upon yourself to kick 100 balls a day for the next year, and go tryout with the Skins next year and win the job.

this post right here..classic

food for thought, Suisham's percentage didn't plummet until placenmier was his holder. He was around 80%, maybe more with durant as the holder.

I don't have the numbers, but wasn't Plack the punter for a very good portion of the season?

Suishy probably had good numbers at the start, but once his sample size got bigger his percentages dropped.

But yes, a holder is a key aspect to a PK.

I don't think they care too much about special teams. Keeping the worst kicker in the league, releasing their punter and signing a no name, and they're probably going to go with ARE again on PR.

Releasing Plackemeier was a good move. He was the worst punter in the league. I don't understand why they didn't do the same with the worst kicker in the league, too.

How about dumping the worst special teams coach in the league while they're at it?

food for thought, Suisham's percentage didn't plummet until placenmier was his holder. He was around 80%, maybe more with durant as the holder.

Sampling size.

I don't have the numbers, but wasn't Plack the punter for a very good portion of the season?

Suishy probably had good numbers at the start, but once his sample size got bigger his percentages dropped.

But yes, a holder is a key aspect to a PK.

Plack was signed on Oct. 14, Suisham was 80% at that point. I don't get all the hate, inside 40 he missed two kicks all year. He doesn't have a boot, but you should rely more on your offense getting TDs then needing your kicker to hit 50+ yarders.

2008 Stats

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7527/gamelog;_ylt=Aqg0zSTsLwHKmlcC2dAi0g_.uLYF

Plack was signed on Oct. 14, Suisham was 80% at that point. I don't get all the hate, inside 40 he missed two kicks all year. He doesn't have a boot, but you should rely more on your offense getting TDs then needing your kicker to hit 50+ yarders.

2008 Stats

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7527/gamelog;_ylt=Aqg0zSTsLwHKmlcC2dAi0g_.uLYF

I just dont get why we, as a team that spends millions on acquisitions, dont have the best punter and kicker in the game. There is no system to learn. There is no risk involved other than injury. If a 29yr old kicker goes 90% on field goals for the last 4 years and becomes a free agent, PAY HIM. Then theres no "well if you look at the first 6 weeks vs..." conversations. Just pay a stud and be done with it for years.

Plack played 10 games with the 'Skins:

Without Plack, Suisham went:

0/0

3/5

1/2

4/4

3/3

1/1

That's 12/15, 80%

After Brooks was released:

0/1

4/5

2/2

BYE

1/2

2/3

0/1

That's 10/14, or 71%

His last 4 games:

1/2

2/2

1/2

1/1

That's 5/7, or 71%.

I'd say the concerns about Plack being the holder are valid. However, the 4/4 game he had a long of 33 yards. The 0/0 game also didn't hurt his percentage. :)

Take it however you want, just figured I'd throw the numbers out here. :)

2008 Stats

With the parity of this league,your PK must be able to hit 50 yarders to win close games and not turn the field position over to opponents.:helmet:

I guess Vinny & Co. wanna give Suisham one more chance too many to redeem himself in being the Redskins Place Kicker. I don't know what were they thinking in re-signing this guy. If I was Vinny & Co., I would have gave Suisham the pink slip after the 2007 NFL Season. If Suisham continues to suck in 2009, I'd give him the pink slip after next season and find another kicker for 2010.

Plack played 10 games with the 'Skins:

Without Plack, Suisham went:

0/0

3/5

1/2

4/4

3/3

1/1

That's 12/15, 80%

Yeah, judging by the guy's career, I'd think we've got a FG kicker who's gonna be at or about that 80% marker. I think he could have been the main reason why we let go of Plack so early in the offseason without even giving the guy a chance to earn his spot back.

I'm confident that Suisham can return to his 2007 form.

With the parity of this league,your PK must be able to hit 50 yarders to win close games and not turn the field position over to opponents.:helmet:

This is what I don't understand. No, never draft a kicker, but get the best damned one out there. Viniateri had as big of a part as Brady in winning three Super Bowls. Kickers are so important. I mean, they're the highest-scoring players BECAUSE they matter that much.

anyone know about this Rayner dude????

His numbers look solid (not heavy,but...)

hey, Suisham reminds of John Hall(maybe hiding and injury) in the way that he started tapering off toward the end of the season and especially on the longer stuff. I'm hoping that his issues can be resolved by regular season. Early on he was good money, so really hoping injury was to blame for the lack luster...

HAIL

Archived