Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Orlando Pace may be cut

Monk in the Hall!

seriously what is up with fans on here, thinking one teams garbage is our gold. Orlando Pace has just been flat out terrible the past few years.

He won't magically get better because he'll come to washington.

I think it's stupid to just rule a player out without knowing what he's looking for, or the shape that he's in. I'd say it's unlikely, but we shouldn't just flat out say no considering we actually need another lineman.

I think it's stupid to just rule a player out without knowing what he's looking for, or the shape that he's in. I'd say it's unlikely, but we shouldn't just flat out say no considering we actually need another lineman.

^^^ smartest approach and what FO's/coaches do. Chances are great that is not the direction to go in, and the guy isn't what he was obviously, and is injury prone... But you have to at least look at it/him. for the right price perhaps...but if they decide he's done or can't help them anywhere then that consideration is done and on to the next FA or draftee.

Given our depth problems and aging line- I would not give up a pick for a guy like this. But, to pick him up for a few million for 2 years... it makes me wonder.

He is injury prone, on down side of good career- in those respects he sounds like the typical acquisition we have been trying to rid ourselves of.

But we have a need while we develop. Then again- who would we cut- Heyer? Sounds like I am talking myself out of considering Pace.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/07/rams-trying-like-hell-to-trade-pace/

Isn't the line old enough for you?

the only grizzled vet in FA that I am interested in at this point is Matt Stover.

I posted when he was dumped by Baltimore that he was worth picking up the phone for, but evidently the Redskins are content with guys like Suisham and Raynor.

Given how many close games this team plays each season, that is truly astonishing :doh:

the only grizzled vet in FA that I am interested in at this point is Matt Stover.

I posted when he was dumped by Baltimore that he was worth picking up the phone for, but evidently the Redskins are content with guys like Suisham and Raynor.

Given how many close games this team plays each season, that is truly astonishing :doh:

They're basically giving the job to Suisham by bringing in Raynor rather than Stover.

Pace has been battling injuries for the past couple seasons. Add to the fact that he's probably not going to want to make the switch from left tackle to right tackle, he's not an option for the Redskins. Besides which, I'm willing to hedge a bet that the first draft pick that the Redskins take is on a tackle, and that player will probably be looked at to start Week 1 on the right side, with Jansen serving as the backup (and they'll also have him work at center as well) and Heyer will backup Samuels.

Yeah, and why don't we give Ray Brown a call while were at it~

Makes as much sense as bringing in Pace.

Why substitute Samuels and his injury problems for someone 2 years older with worse injury problems? And to bring him in at the expense of Heyer on the roster would just be the sort of dumb, knee jerk move that has plagued this franchise for years.

As many have said, NO thank you.

Hail.

He's not gonna sign for league min.

Some team will spend a decent amount hoping to get 2 years out of him.

Where's the smiley that describes how I feel about acquiring Pace.

Oh yeah here it is: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Isn't he the lineman that almost got into a fight in the last game at Fed Ex?

That's Richie Incognito.

He's just retarded.

Archived