Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rotoworld.com: Redskins Thinking About Resigning Evans, Daniels, and Washington

return2glory

OMGosh yes. To lose someone so vital and precious, then to regain him. Wow. Favorite player/hero of all time. He links the team together. He's the unsung captain and has been since he's been there. Mr. Washington belongs in Washington! No one else would appreciate him more! :point2sky

Amen!! I couldn't have said it better myself! HTTR

The mancrush on Daniels is sickening. He is very old he is just as injury prone as MW has ever been. How people keep cracking on MW's injuries while saying Phillip Daniels should come back baffles me since Daniels just missed an entire season due to injury. in fact since 2001 Daniels has started 113 games and Washington has started 115. Sure daniels is a good run stopper but for all the sack production he will offer they should just move Golston out to DE. Evans is the guy who should be playing every down. He's had good production in a limited role for the skins. he is a good run stopper and should manage 6-8 sacks in a full season as a starter with Haynesworth on the inside.

Honestly, if we brought all three back at the right price for depth purposes, like everyone is saying, I would be 100% in for all 3. If we have our starting LBs as Blades, McIntosh, and Fletcher I think Washington would be great for depth and would be more likely to stay healthy. We can also bring him on passing downs as a rusher. I love Daniels against the run at end too.

I wouldn't mind having all three back if they are cheap. Vet min. + insentives??? We would still need to look in the draft at DE and LB for the future, but their leadership and experience would be great both on and off the field for the up and comers.

The mancrush on Daniels is sickening. He is very old he is just as injury prone as MW has ever been. How people keep cracking on MW's injuries while saying Phillip Daniels should come back baffles me since Daniels just missed an entire season due to injury. in fact since 2001 Daniels has started 113 games and Washington has started 115. Sure daniels is a good run stopper but for all the sack production he will offer they should just move Golston out to DE. Evans is the guy who should be playing every down. He's had good production in a limited role for the skins. he is a good run stopper and should manage 6-8 sacks in a full season as a starter with Haynesworth on the inside.

I think you nailed it. Daniels is every bit as injury prone as Washington. I would like to see Evans return, if at a reasonable price. Marcus and Daniels I wouldn't want, but I guess as backups only at vet minimum might be ok. Although I thought most backup LBs played teams and I am not sure MW is capable of that at this point in his career.

On Comcast last night, they reported we might be interested in bringing back Renaldo Wynn, now that Evans is gone. I'm against it and think we need to finally shed the old age from our lines.

I agree about Wynn, but disagree about age.

I definitely want to get younger on our lines, but this doesn't mean starting an inferior player. I'd like them (coaches) to bring back Daniels and Washington, but give them less than 1/2 the reps and give the rest to a younger player. Lord knows these two know the system... Daniels would need reps to test his health and experience time next to Haynesworth, but certainly know what we're getting with him and Washington.

If Big Phil or Marcus are markedly better - give 'em the job. If its close at all - give it to the young guy.

Obviously these two would be stop-gaps, but this doesn't mean they're only backup material. Same with Kendall - not a bad starter in a time of need, but would be great depth (at least until a younger player is drafted etc.).

BTW, I posted in another thread why I think Daniels is better for us than Evans and I'm sticking to it... but certainly neither would be (would've been) a long-term solution for us.

I guess I'm not really understanding why some posters are acting like these two are completely washed up - if they're better than our guys then what are we waiting on? A large/long-term contract would be idiotic, but cheap and short-term sounds like a great solution to our lack of bodies at DE and LB.

Archived