Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Vinny on 980: Hall and Haynesworth Pick Us Over Money (MET)

JeepRyder

Do you think Zorn will get another season if we don't make the playoffs?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Zorn will get another season if we don't make the playoffs?

• Yes
    • No

I'm not investing too much into this thought. I would have to see the deals they were offered at other places to believe they actually want to be here more than getting their money. Our team has been spoon fed and they have been ****y and all it has done is led to us losing games. I have a feeling this will be repeated again and again.

Agreed. It's a nice sentiment -- the thing about the money and I believe it, more or less -- but there is a PR angle, so everything must be taken with a grain or two.

On the last point, I actually disagree with this point a little. The team has always worked very hard (w/middling results) and we have a very low numbskull factor compared to the rest of the league. All pro football players exhibit some form of ****iness, I'm sure, but I don't see an unusual amount on the Redskins. Sometimes I wouldn't mind seeing a little more (like late in games).

Why not? They should take as much money as the market allows while still being in an environment that they feel they can thrive in. Hall learned his lesson with that whole Oakland fiasco. From what I've read Hall signed when he learned that Al was probably coming on board. He wanted to play behind what he thought would be a productive DL. His odds of leading the league in Ints just went up exponentially. Carlos put his hands on enough balls with our old DL to have 7 or 8 Ints.

I completely agree with you on this. I got into an arguement with my wife about this exact point. A star player has about a 10-12 year career. I would make sure I was making as much as I could, however, if the choices were close, say a million to go to the Raiders for 7 years, or a million less to go play for the Patriots or Steelers for 7 years, I' definitely go with less money. Though, with the Bucs and Skins, I don't think it's that drastic a choice.

Adam Schefter is anti-Redskin, I don't care what anyone says. He was arguing pretty loudly that Art Monk should never get into the HoF. He's also bashed our FO for lots of moves, perhaps rightly so, but that just makes me believe him more. Vinny on the other hand....uh no, nope I don't believe Vinny. I would have a hard time believing Vinny in anything. For example, if he were trying to convince me the Easter Bunny were real and the Easter Bunny was standing right next to him with a basket off eggs, I'd go have myself checked into a mental institute before I'd believe Vinny.

If this is true, I feel like our D will be unstoppable next year. I'm also going to be in fetal position when our Offense takes the field because....uh help?

I don't think anyone else offered more money. Then again Tampa is kinda starting all over, so maybe he didn't want to be a part of a rebuikding team.

Tampa probably offered him more total dollars throughout the tenure of his contract. Bugeyes is leaving out that the 'Skins probably offered him more guaranteed dollars.

Cooley4President I disagree. If ur a player and lets say Philly offers you 15 mil and Detroit offers u 17 mil wouldnt u think about that and say yes I'll be giving up 2 million but i will be playing for a team that is usually in the playoffs with Philly. If I sign with Detroit its gonna be a long season and a long career. So I definitely think guys look at the team also and not just the money. Nobody likes to lose. I dont care how much money u make. If u hate going to work the money wont make it all better.

Washington and Detroit are two different teams. You go to the Redskins and fail your career is not over. You go to Detroit and fail, your career is over. Otherwise, you got two equal teams like the Redskins and Bucs. You go for the one with the higher cash offer. That is why I doubt the Bucs offered more.

I am not a fan of Vinny and how tight he is with Snyder. I mean who wants "Sarge" from "Kindergarten Ninja" as their de facto GM? I would love to try to get him to autograph a VHS copy of the movie and see what he does ( I doubt such a quality film is on DVD). But still, look at the Skins over the last several years compared to back in the 90's and early 00's. The Skins are a far better team than they were back then. We are a playoff caliber team and of course we have holes, but so do all teams. The fact remains when it comes to how players will perform it is all a gamble, even on the best ones. You go after the best players you can get in the draft and free agency and hope for the best. At least the Skins do that. Now lets get the OLine some new bodies and lets get back to the playoffs. Of course I want a Super Bowl as do all Skins fans but that is built in stages. It is built with coaches and players. I think we have solid coaching ( No more WR screens with no blockers though please!) and we have a good overall squad. Lets get back to the playoffs and win!!

Who cares if a few fans don't believe other teams were or were not offering more?

Lets say Tampon which cleared cap space didn't want to pursue AH?

It just shows that teams while they have more cap space to spend will not do what it takes to make themselves contenders.

Those cheapskate teams better hope their young pro bowl types are not eligible for free agency in 2010 if we actually have a cap free year.

When players say that they aren't signing for the money, it means one thing.

It's all about the money.

The guaranteed money in these contracts is staggering. The other offers may have had more of a fake number, but my guess is no one matched the guaranteed figures.

As someone funnier than me said, the next time Haynesworth stomps on some dude's chest, he will be wearing solid gold shoes.

I don't buy it for a second. Don't care what was reported and certainly don't care what Vinny said (he's lied to the fans before, remember his off-hand recollections of the stats of players we've passed on?).

Plain and simple, players go where they go for the money. Can't blame them, don't expect anything else. Bottom line, players come to the Redskins because they know they get paid. Big time up front guaranteed money, and just as important, back end guaranteed money. Big money guys like Portis, Samuels, etc get their contracts restructured almost every single year thus guaranteeing the large sums of backloaded deals that lots of players never see. Players know that we're tight on the cap every year so their base salaries get converted to bonuses so they can be spread out over a longer period.

Both of them have stated that they wanted to stay near there families in the past. I mean when you are making over 54 million dollars I would be willing to take a small pay cut to choose my location. Heck, I would take a small paycut to be able to do that with my job today even.

Archived