Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Vinny on 980: Hall and Haynesworth Pick Us Over Money (MET)

JeepRyder

Do you think Zorn will get another season if we don't make the playoffs?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Zorn will get another season if we don't make the playoffs?

• Yes
    • No

It doesn't really matter what Tampa was offering when we paid 2x what the dude is worth anyway. They were probably just seeing how high they could make Dan go. No successful team pays this kind of money for FA's and we overpay almost every year. Sure it was dumb when San Fran paid 80M for Clements, they still aren't winning, but they don't do that dumb **** every chance they get.

I laughed last year when I saw how much Al Davis paid Walker and Hall. Then this year we pay Hall again, LOL. So I guess now we're going to the Super Bowl again. Just like all those other big spending years.

Tampa probably offered him more total dollars throughout the tenure of his contract. Bugeyes is leaving out that the 'Skins probably offered him more guaranteed dollars.

Yeah, tampa probably made it possible for them to get rid of him if he slacks off like he has for most of his career. The Redskins on the other hand are stuck with him long term. He could just give them the finger and there is little the team could do about it.

Uhh.... Sean Gilbert? He was the Haynesworth of his day. Pro Bowler and top DT at the time. He busted for us.

And what about Deion Sanders? Best CB of all time.

You are just trying to rationalize this by arguing that this is somehow different than our other FA busts. But it isn't. This is no more a sure thing than they were.

Didnt we get 2 top draft picks for Gilbert? I thought we franchised him and Carolina gave us a couple of high draft picks. If that's the case, he was not a bust for us, he was a bust for Carolina.

That's good news. I knew DHall wanted 2 be here but I didnt kno AH would make a move like that. But u also have to think about the fact that they still got massive contracts and they probably feel like they have a bettr shot at getting a ring here than with those othr teams...

Haynesworth himself said that the money from Tampa was the same. Besides, the actual money he will get is far from 100 million.

Seeing as how the Bucs actually know how much a dominant DT helps out (Warren Sapp), I think we are fortunate that we got him....... if he plays to his potential.

Archived