Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Vinny on 980: Hall and Haynesworth Pick Us Over Money (MET)

JeepRyder

Do you think Zorn will get another season if we don't make the playoffs?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Zorn will get another season if we don't make the playoffs?

• Yes
    • No

Anybody concerned these guys just wanted the money, they obviously want to win to. Adam Schefter just said on NFL Network Tampa Bay was offering more money but Albert picked us. And Hall was being offered more by another team according to Vinny just now on ESPN 980 but he picked us. So hopefully those 2 guys see we are close to being a great team and want to be a part of it. Yes they still got monster deals but still thought it was cool they took a little less to be in Washington.

- Randel El and Rock Cartwright are coming up on ESPN 980 for anyone who wants to listen to talk about the signings.

I'm not investing too much into this thought. I would have to see the deals they were offered at other places to believe they actually want to be here more than getting their money. Our team has been spoon fed and they have been ****y and all it has done is led to us losing games. I have a feeling this will be repeated again and again.

Anybody concerned these guys just wanted the money, they obviously want to win to. Adam Schefter just said on NFL Network Tampa Bay was offering more money but Albert picked us. And Hall was being offered more by another team according to Vinny just now on ESPN 980 but he picked us. So hopefully those 2 guys see we are close to being a great team and want to be a part of it. Yes they still got monster deals but still thought it was cool they took a little less to be in Washington.

- Randel El and Rock Cartwright are coming up on ESPN 980 for anyone who wants to listen to talk about the signings.

If this is true it's good to see. At least we didn't outbid ourselves and give even crazier deals.

I don't buy it for a second. Don't care what was reported and certainly don't care what Vinny said (he's lied to the fans before, remember his off-hand recollections of the stats of players we've passed on?).

Plain and simple, players go where they go for the money. Can't blame them, don't expect anything else. Bottom line, players come to the Redskins because they know they get paid. Big time up front guaranteed money, and just as important, back end guaranteed money. Big money guys like Portis, Samuels, etc get their contracts restructured almost every single year thus guaranteeing the large sums of backloaded deals that lots of players never see. Players know that we're tight on the cap every year so their base salaries get converted to bonuses so they can be spread out over a longer period.

I'm not investing too much into this thought. I would have to see the deals they were offered at other places to believe they actually want to be here more than getting their money. Our team has been spoon fed and they have been ****y and all it has done is led to us losing games. I have a feeling this will be repeated again and again.

EXAXTLY, with the track record of this front office and how easily big NAMES and little performance have blown in here and out with a ton of cash, hard to believe any PR Propaganda that is fed to us.

EXAXTLY, with the track record of this front office and how easily big NAMES and little performance have blown in here and out with a ton of cash, hard to believe any PR Propaganda that is fed to us.

adam sheifer doesnt work for the redskins. in fact, he actually is on your side of the road. he'd love to rip the skins.

this was a great move, deal with it and act accordingly, duuuude.

Cooley4President I disagree. If ur a player and lets say Philly offers you 15 mil and Detroit offers u 17 mil wouldnt u think about that and say yes I'll be giving up 2 million but i will be playing for a team that is usually in the playoffs with Philly. If I sign with Detroit its gonna be a long season and a long career. So I definitely think guys look at the team also and not just the money. Nobody likes to lose. I dont care how much money u make. If u hate going to work the money wont make it all better.

Cooley4President I disagree. If ur a player and lets say Philly offers you 15 mil and Detroit offers u 17 mil wouldnt u think about that and say yes I'll be giving up 2 million but i will be playing for a team that is usually in the playoffs with Philly. If I sign with Detroit its gonna be a long season and a long career. So I definitely think guys look at the team also and not just the money. Nobody likes to lose. I dont care how much money u make. If u hate going to work the money wont make it all better.

Perfectly stated. I love these signings but my oh my do we have enough cap space to sign our draft picks???

Maybe Hall stayed here for less, but I believe Haynesworth went for the party that offered the most guaranteed money.

That's my take on it as well. After Oakland I can see Hall taking slightly less money to go to a situation he already knows he's comfortable with. With Haynesworth I don't see how it could have been too much more money.

Archived