Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Vinny on 980: Hall and Haynesworth Pick Us Over Money (MET)

JeepRyder

Do you think Zorn will get another season if we don't make the playoffs?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Zorn will get another season if we don't make the playoffs?

• Yes
    • No

I didn't see Haynesworth in Tampa because they gutted their team over the past 2 years and appear headed to a rebuilding season at 5-11 or 6-10.

Of course, there are those among us that think the Redskins need to do some overall re-tooling and building as well and reducing dependence upon players over 30.

But Washington is a much bigger market in NFL terms than Tampa and the NFC East is still the NFL's showcase division.

I am sure that counted for Haynesworth and Hall once the money was on the table vis a vis some other clubs.

BINGO...NFC EAST and a larger market not to mention Larry Michael on Redskin Nation

That's great and all, but if it was really THAT important, then they wouldn't be making an average of 16.7M and 9M per year.....
Why not? They should take as much money as the market allows while still being in an environment that they feel they can thrive in. Hall learned his lesson with that whole Oakland fiasco. From what I've read Hall signed when he learned that Al was probably coming on board. He wanted to play behind what he thought would be a productive DL. His odds of leading the league in Ints just went up exponentially. Carlos put his hands on enough balls with our old DL to have 7 or 8 Ints.

If they wanted to be here, they would have said:

Give me a $1 million a year and lets use that leftover money to build this thing into a perennial contender.

The idea is laughable that AH is here because of anything other than the money.

"I took a $100 million offer from Washington instead of a $101 million dollar offer from Tampa Bay because I don't care about the money, I just want to win baby."

PLEASE! You buy that crap?

man our D is gonna be sick...

DE Carter

DT Griffin

DT Haynesworth

DE Taylor/Daniels

OLB McIntosh

MLB Fletcher

OLB Blades???

CB Rogers

CB Hall

FS Landry

SS Horton

That part scares the **** out of me. As well as the (don't laugh too hard) overall depth behind that LB crew. Blades is not there yet, and who else is there. Khary Campbell? Really? :doh:

yeah but the haters on this board will still say he came here ONLY for the money

Uh, he did.

I think Vinny transposed a couple of words so the sheeple will slurp it up. Later he'll say, "wait, did I say us over money? I mean money over else! Yeah, that's it." <<<<snort>>>>

Anybody concerned these guys just wanted the money, they obviously want to win to. Adam Schefter just said on NFL Network Tampa Bay was offering more money but Albert picked us. And Hall was being offered more by another team according to Vinny just now on ESPN 980 but he picked us. So hopefully those 2 guys see we are close to being a great team and want to be a part of it. Yes they still got monster deals but still thought it was cool they took a little less to be in Washington.

- Randel El and Rock Cartwright are coming up on ESPN 980 for anyone who wants to listen to talk about the signings.

Could also be that Tampa is a real state of transition right now, and that's being kind. The Monte Kiffen era is now over, so who knows how bad that defense will become.

That article talks about players staying with their current team, not free agents picking and choosing between competing new teams.

But as others have said, it's almost always the guaranteed money, and not the size of the overall contract, that determines where a player signs.

Ding, ding, ding! That is the truth. No way Tampa offered more guaranteed dough than the Dan.

That part scares the **** out of me. As well as the (don't laugh too hard) overall depth behind that LB crew. Blades is not there yet, and who else is there. Khary Campbell? Really? :doh:

Blades is a MLB anyway, not a OLB. If one of the big 4 OL don't fall to us at 13, you have to think they will draft a LB at that spot now or trade down to do the same.

Man some of you are acting like straight haters. So what these guys got big paydays, they deserved it. Just because you can't make that much money doesn't mean they aren't worth it. Nice to hear they decided to come here when better offers were on the table. Hail Redskins baby!

Why are we spending over 100 mill on defensive players when our offense continues to be a problem?

Just because we got these two off the market before looking at the offense doesn't mean we won't address it. The reality is that at this point none of the FA offensive signings are barn burners or that much in demand. We had to wrap these guys up first because we had so much competition for them. Relax helps on the way

The fact is we have never signed a player of Hanyesworth's caliber before. We have overpaid for mid tier players like Carter, Randle El, Lloyd, Archuleta among others. Haynesworth has the ability to make the entire defense better, even if he doesn't put up the same numbers he did for the Titans. He will always be double teamed and alot of times triple teamed which frees up other players to make plays.

The fact is we have never signed a player of Hanyesworth's caliber before. We have overpaid for mid tier players like Carter, Randle El, Lloyd, Archuleta among others.

Uhh.... Sean Gilbert? He was the Haynesworth of his day. Pro Bowler and top DT at the time. He busted for us.

And what about Deion Sanders? Best CB of all time.

You are just trying to rationalize this by arguing that this is somehow different than our other FA busts. But it isn't. This is no more a sure thing than they were.

He expects us to believe he left the titans a legit contender. they made playoffs last year. The war of a palyoff game against a tough ravens team they were in to be with an 8-8 team that has little or no offense and got killed by the ravens during season competetion because he thinks we are a contender not a pretender? NOT BUYING IT he came here to take advantage of danny

He expects us to believe he left the titans a legit contender. they made playoffs last year. The war of a palyoff game against a tough ravens team they were in to be with an 8-8 team that has little or no offense and got killed by the ravens during season competetion because he thinks we are a contender not a pretender? NOT BUYING IT he came here to take advantage of danny

its obvious money was a reason and the biggest but at the end of the day he chose the better team once he realized he was getting paid.

Hall was basically waiting to see who we were getting other than him I think... I think those two guys alone make our defense a top 3 defense easily, and will probably put our offense on the field a lot more and put more pressure on them to produce which in turn will make our team better than just that 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 mediocrity we've had to deal with all this time!!!

We are just putting the pieces together for something big:notworthy

I thought I haerd on M&M that Hall was signed earlier in the morning and that Vinny said when they resolved the Deal with Hall, Hall asked who were looking at and Vinny said Haynesworth. I remember it being quoted that hall said 'Go get him!'

Now, here's a thought that crossed my mind, what if Danny offered AH a cut of his jersey sales or something (like Favre got at NY Jets?) Maybe some of the money is tied up in some funky way that will see him get paid differently? I don't know how the skins handle jersey sales to be honest.

Archived