Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tennessean.com/ESPN/ect...: Albert Haynesworth to be a Redskin (Merged)

downbeat87

I think its a great signing. A bit too much money but oh well. At least we didnt sign an aging veteran expecting him to produce right? Haynesworth is his prime and can really be the missing piece to the best defense in the league this year. Imagine what this could do to our turnovers? Being able to get pressure on the QB up the middle could add 15-20 sacks (not just from him) and 5-10 more turnovers. That could be the difference in 2-3 games. That could turn our 8-8 season into an 11-5 season potentially and if we upgrade the offensive line and improve on that side of the ball, why couldn't we all of a sudden be serious contenders?

God ****ing Dammit I hate this team.
I ****ing hate this team, I ****ing hate this team, I hate being a fan of this team, why the **** do I keep doing this to myself?

It's no fun to root for hired guns. Look at the popularity of a guy like Cooley -vs- a guy like Springs.

Redskins fans love the homegrown guys selected from the draft. How does anyone explain Campbell having ANY fans at this point? lol :D

Anyways, I'm not a fan of big money contracts in the NFL strictly b/c of the injury component. If this were basketball or baseball, I'd be all for it. But it's not. Haynesworth can tear an MCL in training camp as easily as Daniels did.

normally defense wins championships..

with the salary cap its hard to be best at everything... you wont go anywhere with average defense and average offense...

Bravo, Bravol...

Someone here seems to get it!

Signing AH makes the entire defense better. It forces the double team on him leaving free space for Taylor and Carter (while at the same time plugging the middle against the run). That clog in the middle opens the playing field for London Fletcher to ball hawk the running backs. That newly created pass rush from the front four (at least we hope in theory) instantly makes our secondary better which forces the oposition into risky throws...that should result in more turnovers....

All you have to do is look at teams like the Ravens to see what you can accomplish with a great defense and an average offense. But I think that with a years experience under the Zorn offense that side will naturally improve as well.

It's no fun to root for hired guns. Look at the popularity of a guy like Cooley -vs- a guy like Springs.

Redskins fans love the homegrown guys selected from the draft. How does anyone explain Campbell having ANY fans at this point? lol :D

Anyways, I'm not a fan of big money contracts in the NFL strictly b/c of the injury component. If this were basketball or baseball, I'd be all for it. But it's not. Haynesworth can tear an MCL in training camp as easily as Daniels did.

SHHHHHHHHHHH, don't jinx the team please.

This board has, quite rightly IMO, been ****ing about improving the D line for years. So we go out and sign the best free agent DT available - heck probably the best DT in the NFL period and guess what people are still ****ing. Go figure.

Sure the money is boggling but as a fan what do I care about that. I'm not writing the cheque. If it stops us signing other players or impacts us on the field then its of concern but all evidence of the past shows us that if we want to sign a player we find a way to do it. I have no idea how and I have given up caring frankly.

You can call Snyder stupid in how he spends his money but what you can't doubt is his will to put the best product he can out on the field.

Thank you!!

The problem is there are 75,000 members on this forum and you'll never be able to please all of them. I'm happy he didn't go to the Giants. Hell, I'm happy he didn't go to Tampa. Can you imagine the second guessing in Tampa right now? They cut all those players to have a shot at Haynesworth and Danny Boy just snatches him up before they even get to say hello.

That's not the isse. That's a given.

The issue is the money spent to bring him here and whether or not he can play an entire season for once.

It IS the issue.

He has the potential to help the defense, but why the hell would he play hard when he's already gotten his payday? He's ONLY played well in contract years. Now that he has NINE figures to look forward to, what does he care?

Are the Skins ****in' retarded? Tom Brady, Donovan McNabb, Peyton Manning, Albert Haynesworth? Let's see here, hmmmm, which name doesn't belong? I'll go with Albert **** Haynesworth for $115MIL Danny.

Has AH shown any off-field intangibles that constitute him being a leader in any way shape or form? I understand that he was the best FA available, sure, but this very well could go down as the worst FA signing in the history of mankind (if you're a SKins fan, anyway).

A $100MIL player makes everyone on your team better, I just don't see this happening with AH. I think it will be the OPPOSITE because this dude doesn't seem like a core guy to me, and he's going to be walking around the locker room with his $100MIL **** floppin' around.

This also pretty much the cements the fact that beers are going to be about $25 at FedEX field, or approximately 1/3rd of the cost for a parking permit.

Sheesh man, I just hope he cleat claws a couple more Cowboys in the FACE. That would be a little awesomer and make me feel better about the situation.

That's not the isse. That's a given.

The issue is the money spent to bring him here and whether or not he can play an entire season for once.

Any player can get hurt. Its part of the game and outside anybodies control.

The money spent is only an issue from a fans perspective if it impacts on our ability to address other needs. If history is a guide we seem to find a way to sign players if we need to. Its not as though we have lots of holes to fill in the starting lineup. We need a LG and a SLB and I would argue an upgrade at RT.

I have no idea what our cap position is right now but we should be able to address at least one of those positions in the draft (either T or OLB would be my guess) and the others (probably G) via 'value' free agents.

Then assuming an average amount of luck with injuries we should have a very very good defense next year and then we just have to pray one of last years rookie receivers wakes up and gets productive and the Campbell shows he IS the answer at QB.

Exactly- which is why tying up $100 million in one dlineman is insane

But we are not tying up $100M. Its $41M or whatever the guarantee turns out to be. Still a lot I agree and its a risk but then so is getting out of bed. Whatever this move is its an attempt to make the team better and that has to be applauded.

How would you have felt if he had signed for say the Giants and would you rather have $60M of available cap space and about 7 starters under contract?

As ever as fans we just have to keep our fingers crossed, hope he stays healthy and that Blache can get the best out of him and keep him focused. If all that happens we just became a better football team at least on defense .....

Here is what I feel we should do to place a better team on the field next year! With thes signing of Hanesworth & everyones beliefs he will make everyone around him better & our quest for a 4th superbowl, if veterans like (taylor, springs, jansen) aren't willing to restructure then we should allow them to leave & save money with the addition of hanesworth we should be a force in the NFC! Also I think we should reup evans since he won't command a lot of money on the market that way taylor could play on his normal side of right end allowing him & carter to rotate similar with wat the giants do with tuck, osi & mathias, we need to bring dockery back & also reup kendall (kendall started as a center)and can play both guard & center which would allow him to back up dockery & rabach starting heyer on the right with jansen as depth! And finally we should go after a local linebacker who was just released and play high school ball in the district cato june this would allow mcintosh to play on the lolb where he is a better run blocker than a pass rusher. In the draft we could trade out of the 13th pick til bout the 24 & still draft the best tackle on the boardin smith from alambama as well as receive a second round pick and select a de! Veterans talk about wanting to win a ring I finally believe snyder & cerrato are listening to us fans & trying to move in the right directon & if veterans aren't willing to restructure at the chance of fielding a better time in hopes of winning a championship then we need to get them out of here! I am on my G1 phone so there are a lot of errors but what do the rest of the extremeskins faithful think?

If we can get someone to plug in at SLB we'll have a great freaking defense. One that can actually rush the passer this year. And now we can go into the draft and really focus on o-line. If the guy ends up taking the rest of his career off, then yeah, we made a poor move, but I'm going to wait until he actually does that before I start dissing him.

Archived