Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tennessean.com/ESPN/ect...: Albert Haynesworth to be a Redskin (Merged)

downbeat87

Like the acquisition but I really loathe how much we're paying.

He'll never live up to that kind of money.

Pretty much my thoughts... Haynesworth has been awesome... And has been a great player... But can he alone make as much of an impact as say Jason Brown and Carlos Rogers?

They were saying on NF Network last night, that Blache won't allow Haynesworth to just sit back. I agree with that.

I agree with that too but he still won't live up to that kind of money.

As I said previously, our D is top 10 without Haynesworth. The weak part of our team is the offense. How many more wins will Haynesworth bring? One maybe?

Plus, defense isn't our weakness. Sure the D-line is but we've survived and thrived without it.

How many more wins does Haynesworth actually get us a year? One maybe?

despite a good "ranking" for the defense... we really dont have any pass rush. it was the case as long as i can remember.

whenever we get to the crunch time at the end of the year, in how many games did a crappy QB look good, good QB look great, and great QB look pretty much unbeatable against us because QB had all day to throw the ball?

I'm not sure if i agree with the money we are spending on these players but there is DEFINITELY a need there.

im not sure why everybody is ****ing about his contract. the skins signe him for that much and im sure it has incentives in that contract. like he has to play a certain amount of games and etc or if it doesn't we can always restructure his contract later on down the road anyway. Just by adding haynesworth just made are number 4 d with no pass rush to maybe the number 1 d in the nfc! we could very easily lead the league in take aways, sacks and giving up the least amount of rushing yards. god i can't wait till this season starts!

Its still night time for me and I am so tempted pop the cork on some bubbly and then cry myself to sleep while laughing and taunting the entire time.

:hysterical: I'm with you on that one. My friend is a Jet's fan, and he felt we were gonna do much in FA...he'll hear his voice message and be pissed. Although he might be happy, knowing he has the possibility of having McAlister and Lewis on his team.

I have no idea how we managed to do this with our cap space but from a pure football point of view great! Blache better keep him focused though .....

Our D is going to be a load next year. Carter, Hayneworth, Griffin/Monty, Taylor - McIntosh, Fletcher, player to be named - Hall, Rogers, Landry, Horton. Thats a good group.

What this means for ability to improve the O'Line is anybodies guess.

In terms of instant implications I think its a lock we try to trade back in the draft so we can pick up an OT and a OLB and avoid having to pay huge money in guarantees to a #13 pick. I also think its now a lock that Springs will be cut - we have to have that $6M cap space now you would think.

despite a good "ranking" for the defense... we really dont have any pass rush. it was the case as long as i can remember.

whenever we get to the crunch time at the end of the year, in how many games did a crappy QB look good, good QB look great, and great QB look pretty much unbeatable against us because QB had all day to throw the ball?

I'm not sure if i agree with the money we are spending on these players but there is DEFINITELY a need there.

Despite all that banter our defense more often than not won us the game if we did indeed win the game. The offense is putrid, not the defense.

I like the signing just not spending the entire loot on one player when we have other glaring needs.

I agree with that too but he still won't live up to that kind of money.

As I said previously, our D is top 10 without Haynesworth. The weak part of our team is the offense. How many more wins will Haynesworth bring? One maybe?

I agree with it already being top 10 without Haynesworth, but the good thing about him is, all the attention offenses will give him. Our turnovers should go up too now. Then our turnovers should help the offense out. As they also were saying last night, that if we got Haynesworth, our secondary will be happy.

I just have a feeling Haynesworth is going to turn into Stubblefield now that he just got paid. I can't see the heart that he showed last year when it was a contract year. He'll become invisible. I just don't see any hunger there now that he won't go hungry.

Despite all that banter our defense more often than not won us the game if we did indeed win the game. The offense is putrid, not the defense.

I like the signing just not spending the entire loot on one player when we have other glaring needs.

well i guess we agree there.. player is great but the money is the cause of concern....

i think we are closer to being a fear team through investing money in our defense to keep it elite and help it reach another level while offense tries to catch up then investing money in our offense to help it reach another level while hoping that our defense can again have another good year with basically nonexisting DL and aging LBs.

Archived