Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tennessean.com/ESPN/ect...: Albert Haynesworth to be a Redskin (Merged)

downbeat87

Holy ****.

I was against signing Haynesworth, especially to a contract this huge, but here's to hoping he lives up to his contract. And by that, I mean at least 4 or 5 years, not just two (a la Shawn Springs).

Speaking of which... Why did we restructure Cornelius Griffin? We should have just let him go or let his contract expire naturally next year.

Because our other two DTs have been tendered meaning someone can match and take them

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/02/27/redskins-sign-albert-haynesworth-to-100-million-deal/

Redskins Sign Albert Haynesworth to $100 Million Deal

Posted Feb 27th 2009 5:28 AM by Michael David Smith (RSS feed)

Filed Under: Redskins, Titans, NFL Free Agency

The Washington Redskins have made the biggest splash on the first day of NFL free agency, signing former Tennessee Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth to a seven-year, $100 million contract.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the deal includes $41 million guaranteed in the first three years, and the maximum value of the deal could be $115 million. According to Schefter, the deal is the richest contract ever given to a player and includes more guaranteed money than any contract in NFL history has ever included.

The quickness of the deal -- getting done just hours after the start of the free agency period -- could lead to questions of whether the Redskins tampered with Haynesworth. After all, $100 million contracts are complex documents. How did the Redskins and Haynesworth have time to hammer out all the details before 6 AM on the first day that they were allowed to talk to each other?

NFL tampering rules, however, are difficult to enforce because the charges are hard to prove. And the Redskins are obviously working hard this morning at spending Dan Snyder's money. They've already signed Haynesworth and DeAngelo Hall, and they're reportedly making overtures to Cowboys defensive end Chris Canty and Ravens guard/center Jason Brown. Snyder is apparently immune to the effects of the recession.

close this mess

i already got it with this on my thread

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090227/SPORTS01/90227003

who can tell by this title

We got him!

got who? no reference to the news source, or article headline, as outlined in the rules

http://www.extremeskins.com/announcement.php?f=24

10. When posting anything concerning news articles from outside sources, please include a direct link (i.e., URL) to the origination page/site.

Please paste the URL directly atop the post, above a small portion of the article's text (for example, the lead paragraph or a particular sentence or two) . Such a practice provides credibility and attribution to the source of the information, and allows visitors the option to visit the respective websites. You are responsible for the content you post.

If you are posting a published article from a news source, please title your thread in the following format: "SOURCE SHORTFORM: HEADLINE" (Ex. WP: Redskins Sign CB Shawn Springs). Please see our copyright statement.

who can tell by this title

We got him!

got who? no reference to the news source, or article headline, as outlined in the rules

http://www.extremeskins.com/announcement.php?f=24

10. When posting anything concerning news articles from outside sources, please include a direct link (i.e., URL) to the origination page/site.

Please paste the URL directly atop the post, above a small portion of the article's text (for example, the lead paragraph or a particular sentence or two) . Such a practice provides credibility and attribution to the source of the information, and allows visitors the option to visit the respective websites. You are responsible for the content you post.

If you are posting a published article from a news source, please title your thread in the following format: "SOURCE SHORTFORM: HEADLINE" (Ex. WP: Redskins Sign CB Shawn Springs). Please see our copyright statement.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

If by vicious you are being sarcastic then I agree. Vicious?? Scary as all holy hell!!!! I mean we are talking push at all angles and forget about running up the middle!!!:chair:

Yea, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Now I kind of hate that we signed Hall and Haynesworth, because now it just got me even more anxious for football season to come back around :(. There will definitely be no running up the middle. Romo sits to pee will be laid out a lot more often too, I hope.

Start purchasing Season Tix so you can shout DEFENSE DEFENSE. NOW that we have beef D can we Please address the OFFENSE! 4 thranked D and 27 th Offense uhh HELLO

Seriously.

We just spent $150 million in 6 hours on our 4th ranked defense.

Our offense still sucks. It is horrible. $150 million. Crappy offense.

Does anyone see the logic in this?

Uh mess? I beat you to it buddy! :D

This great news though, I like how most of his guaranteed money is going to be paid upfront so we're not tied to him forever...In essence this is like a 3-4 yr deal as most of the guaranteed money will be paid out during that time! This is a great contract...

uhh no you didnt

i just didnt title it right

check the times

Archived