Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Samuels on CSN @ the Caps game, Derrick Dockery related.

Rocky52Mc

He was just interviewed moments ago by Al Koken and was asked "It's only 4 hours away from free agency, it's exciting to be a Redskins fan/player, anyone you want who's on your shopping list?" He mentioned his want to work with Derrick Dockery again on the same line, side by side. Having his contract just been adjusted recently and his talks with ownership...are we getting reuinited?

ALSO! He mentioned he's recovering nicely and that he feels real good. He's excited.

Also also, he's sitting near the glass and watched somone get checked right near him. He'd be a thick ass goalie fyi.

good stuff. great point Samuels made about restructuring so the team could bring guys in, it backs up him wanting Dockery even more. I'm glad the Skins are already reportedly interested in him. However, if his price demands are still too high then we should pass. I hope we do bring Dock back. He still has some developing to do, and obviously wasn't worth the contract he got, but he still solid overall, can play a whole season, and could develop into an even better player. Plus, playing alongside Samuels will help him out a lot as well. As long as the price isn't outrageous, it's good move in my book.

As long as he comes back at a decent price, I'm all for bringing brickhead back.

His current cap for the Bills was around 2.6M for the year. Does this mean that if we sign him, he signs for that or less. Usually players who get cut would love to run back to their home teams for a second chance or to be reuinited. Usually for a good price too.

As long as he comes back at a decent price, I'm all for bringing brickhead back.

I don't think I would call Dockery a brickhead, I think any one of us would have done the same thing he did 2 years ago, and sign one of the largest contracts ever given to a guard; instead of taking a much smaller offer from the Skins. He left on good terms, and hopefully he'll be back just like Smoot in '07.

They are changing there scheme to more of a zone blocking, small quick lineman. Dockery doesn't fit that system. He is a power running game which we run.

Link? All I've read is that he failed to live up to a large contract...imagine that! 7 mil/yr guards better live up to their billing and then some.

As long as we put a False Start clause in Dock's contract I'm all for it.
LOL. That's why this guy is a brickhead. He couldn't remember any snap count bigger than 2.

Wait until we're first and goal on the five. Then first and goal on the ten. Then the fifteen...

I wonder if he learned to pull yet.

Archived