Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Academy Awards 2009 thread (results inside)

SUSkinsFan

First of all I'm done with you on this, since all you do is label and pound your fists against your chest as if your right. Self confidence is an honorable trait, however arrogance is truely ugly :)

Ya know I could stand here too and do what you have, which is tell you you're wrong without any debate. But I foolishy choice to actually debate the topic. Finally, I have to point out again a final time, that you my friend do not understand the difference between tolerance and acceptance. Once you understand the difference between those two words, you will get it, until than you will only be left in the dark.

Okay now we're just saying the same things back and forth. I'm done too. You're a bigot and I'm perfect and that'll do. :)

I would still like to know WHY you watched the Oscars 81.

You'd admitted time and time again on this site how much you detest liberal hollywood.

So why bother to tune into the broadcast where they pat themselves on the back?

Was it that you were hoping for a Miley nip-slip?

this is a statement of defeat as i see it.

and i still wish rourke would have won...

Yes it surely is. I wish to deal with him no more as I grow tired dealing with someone who just doesn't get it and probably never will.

I try so hard to not be like him and others where their posts are generally "I'm right and here's where you're wrong" But it's slowly getting to that point where I'm not going to debate anymore, rather just say "I'm right. end of conversation" and leave it at that. sad, but true.

I would still like to know WHY you watched the Oscars 81.

You'd admitted time and time again on this site how much you detest liberal hollywood.

So why bother to tune into the broadcast where they pat themselves on the back?

Was it that you were hoping for a Miley nip-slip?

We had just gotten home from visiting relatives, and I turned on the tv and it was the best actor catagory. So, since I had predicted that Milk would win, I watched it, to see if I was right. However, I was rooting for Rourke.

I didn't watch all of them. Just that part and by chance at that.

Yes it surely is. I wish to deal with him no more as I grow tired dealing with someone who just doesn't get it and probably never will.

I try so hard to not be like him and others where their posts are generally "I'm right and here's where you're wrong" But it's slowly getting to that point where I'm not going to debate anymore, rather just say "I'm right. end of conversation" and leave it at that. sad, but true.

Except you're wrong. Okaynowit'sover. :D

If he is allowed to make that speech, which was deemed offensive by I'm sure alot of people, than isn't it equally offensive to make the speech example I used. So far, no one agrees.
Your example was ludicrous. People in this world smear peanut butter all over themselves and dance naked in the streets, doesn't mean I can use it as an example.
I'll use it again, if republican award winner got up and made a speech that said he was proud of the people who stood up and voted yes on prop 8 and was ashamed of the gay community and their lifestyle, would he be ok in saying that??
Better example. Honestly, no it would not be ok. People would be going crazy. I wouldn't care, but people would be pissed.

You're not giving Penn any credit and you didn't listen to what he said. First of all, he made a joke about homo-loving, commie pinkos, or something like that, to lighten the mood a bit because he was going to say something political.

Second, he was speaking in reference to the people protesting outside. People with signs that said Heath Ledger is burning in Hell. That's why he said what he said.

If people are allowed to put up signs like that outside the Academy of Ledger's peers, then Sean Penn can go up there and say one day they're going to have to deal with their shame.

Penn didn't go tell them to put down the signs did he?

Second, he was speaking in reference to the people protesting outside. People with signs that said Heath Ledger is burning in Hell. That's why he said what he said.

If people are allowed to put up signs like that outside the Academy of Ledger's peers, then Sean Penn can go up there and say one day they're going to have to deal with their shame.

Penn didn't go tell them to put down the signs did he?

I'd like to welcome the best logic yet to this discussion. Thank you, Mooka.

:applause:

im suprised Penn didnt go outside and force them to put them down. this dude getting up on stage and preaching to anyone is a ****ing joke. spicoli is nothing more then someone with a lot of money who now thinks he is intelligent.

That would have violated their right to free speech - which is exactly what he was doing.

I don't see the big deal I guess.

Interesting that he doesnt feel the same way towards paparazzi. they have a right to stand on the street and take his pic.

;)

Hey, never said I liked the guy as a person - in fact I'd probably really dislike the guy - I just happen to agree with his stance on this particular issue.

Just like I'm sure you're a great person - I just think you're opinion is wrong in regards to the gheys. :D

im suprised Penn didnt go outside and force them to put them down. this dude getting up on stage and preaching to anyone is a ****ing joke. spicoli is nothing more then someone with a lot of money who now thinks he is intelligent.[/quote]

While I don't agree with Penns politics, this is downright absurd.

FWIW, he's done a lot of good (i guess it depends on your definition of good) with his celebrity.

and yes, the papparazzi has every right to take pictures of him in public. they do not however have the right to restrict his movement.

im suprised Penn didnt go outside and force them to put them down. this dude getting up on stage and preaching to anyone is a ****ing joke. spicoli is nothing more then someone with a lot of money who now thinks he is intelligent.

Another excellent point I must admit.. except they invade his personal space.

Hey, never said I liked the guy as a person - in fact I'd probably really dislike the guy - I just happen to agree with his stance on this particular issue.

Just like I'm sure you're a great person - I just think you're opinion is wrong in regards to the gheys. :D

wakka wakka wakka..i have NO problems with gay people being gay. they are free to be whomever they want.

but I agree with 81 when he said if a repub got up there and gave praise for prop 8 passing he would have been condemned.

wakka wakka wakka..i have NO problems with gay people being gay. they are free to be whomever they want.

but I agree with 81 when he said if a repub got up there and gave praise for prop 8 passing he would have been condemned.

I agree in regards to the Academy - but you have to know your audience. There are plenty of places and events where that would have been met with praise. It just happens there are a ton of liberals in the Academy but I don't buy into 81's conspiracy theory of Penn winning to shove some gay agenda down America's throat.

I also apologize for misrepresenting your stance on the issue.

Here we go with the anti christian bigotry again....

antichristianbigotry.gif

To summarize this converstation:

81Artmonk: "Gay people are disgusting and should have less rights than people like me!"

Sean Penn: "WTF? That's discriminatory and unfair."

81ArtMonk: "Waaah, you are denying my free speech rights. I'm the oppressed one here!"

What a crock.

Here we go with the anti christian bigotry again....

To summarize this converstation:

81Artmonk: "Gay people are disgusting and should have less rights than people like me!"

Sean Penn: "WTF? That's discriminatory and unfair."

81ArtMonk: "Waaah, you are denying my free speech rights. I'm the oppressed one here!"

What a crock.

Again, all I can do is :applause::applause::applause::applause: this post.

same ol predictable.

when someone expresses an opinion he doesnt agree with he goes and makes sarcastic jokes. it may work to make everyone think you are funny but 81 has an opinion that is shared by many other people and your best bet would be to listen to it and try to understand it.

I agree in regards to the Academy - but you have to know your audience. There are plenty of places and events where that would have been met with praise. It just happens there are a ton of liberals in the Academy but I don't buy into 81's conspiracy theory of Penn winning to shove some gay agenda down America's throat.

I also apologize for misrepresenting your stance on the issue.

you really thought i was anti-gay? dude, you dont know me then thats for sure. :cheers:

and i would like to hear one place you would say it is safe for a conservative celebrity say prop 8 passing was a good thing. and outside of a church surrounding please.

you really thought i was anti-gay? dude, you dont know me then thats for sure. :cheers:

and i would like to hear one place you would say it is safe for a conservative celebrity say prop 8 passing was a good thing. and outside of a church surrounding please.

Not trying to be stereotypical but I think the CMA's would be a place where it would be accepted - and that's just off the top of my head.

Archived