Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Boys Essay Leads to Fathers Arrest

SkinsOrlando

http://news.aol.com/article/boy-essay-father-arrest/347380?icid=100214839x1218710044x1201311664

Boy's Essay Leads to Father's Arrest

AP

posted: 57 MINUTES AGO

comments: 139

filed under: Crime News, National News, Weird News

hp-print-icon1aolPrintshare-iconShare

Text SizeAAA

OREGON, Wis. (Feb. 18) - A father allegedly shot his 9-year-old son in the buttocks with a BB gun, a revelation that came to light after the boy wrote a school essay about the incident. The boy had written an essay about the "painful afternoon my Dad shot me with a BB gun." The elementary-school teacher turned the essay over to authorities.

Prosecutors charged the 36-year-old father on Friday with one felony count of child abuse. The charge carries a maximum penalty of 6 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

The criminal complaint said the father told an investigator he shot the boy after the child didn't move fast enough from blocking the TV. He said he aimed at his son's rear pocket because he thought it would be more padded.

"I knew right away it was a stupid thing I did," the father said. "I told my kids the only way I'm going to touch them is to kiss them, hug them, tickle them. I was very, I was not under the influence of anything. It was a very stupid decision."

He was released Friday on a signature bond and ordered not to threaten or engage in any acts of violence against his son. He was also ordered not to engage in physical discipline of any child.

The childs next essay was entitled "The day my father busted my lip up for writing essays"

Ah - wonderful to hear about more degenerate parents that are very likely ruining yet another innocent child's life before it has even begun...

Why can't people have more self control? Why have kids when you don't want to be parents? I really cannot stand that crap and the toll it takes on society is huge.

He was released Friday on a signature bond and ordered not to threaten or engage in any acts of violence against his son. He was also ordered not to engage in physical discipline of any child.

not to engage in physical discipline of any child. are you kidding me? so he catches the kid throwing rocks at a window and the kid just gets away with it?

if the government thinks they are going to tell me when or how i can discipline my kids when i have them, they have another thing coming.

not to engage in physical discipline of any child. are you kidding me? so he catches the kid throwing rocks at a window and the kid just gets away with it?

if the government thinks they are going to tell me when or how i can discipline my kids when i have them, they have another thing coming.

Prohibiting PHYSICAL discipline for a man who's already proven he couldn't resist SHOOTING HIS CHILD WITH A BB GUN seems reasonable to me.

That doesn't mean the kid gets away with anything. He can be grounded for 6 months, just not hit.

If the court didn't do this and the kid is harmed or worse in the meantime, everyone would be up in arms about it (and it would be a tragedy).

IMO this doesn't rise to the level of any kind of lawful action needing to be taken against the father.

Just from what I read, it didn't appear to be any past violence, and this one incident seemed to be just a stupid action on the part of the father.

Again over reaction on the part of govt. They'll jump in and do something about a stupid act, yet I've read about stuff where they didn't do anything in far worse situations.

Big Blue - That didn't strike me as funny at all.

I think the father was just stupid. The fact that kid wrote it (without fear) and the father admitted it kind of shows it was a 1 time thing.

The punishment also seems reasonable.

In addition - Lots of people here say that folks need to teach their kids that actions have consequences... Well, here you go.

How many times on here have I seen people mention parents should beat their kids.

Save the outrage. This was a poor decision. The guy doesn't sound like a violent father.

What???

The guy didn't become overwhelmed with anger and grab the kid's arm too roughly or even spank him a little too hard...

This man aimed and fired a BB gun at his son because he was blocking the TV. Save the outrage? Come on!

What???

The guy didn't become overwhelmed with anger and grab the kid's arm too roughly or even spank him a little too hard...

This man aimed and fired a BB gun at his son because he was blocking the TV. Save the outrage? Come on!

you're right.

he should have pistol whipped the brat instead.

lol, i kid. VERY poor decision on the dad's part. He's proven that he needs to make better choices when it comes to his kid and until he can prove that over a substantial period of time, i think it's only appropriate that his parental guidance is at the VERY least, heavily monitored.

Sometimes one moment of idiocy is all it takes.

This guy has proven that he will allow himself to make absolutely stupid decisions, one time or not.

Next time it will be a second time, and the time after that a third.

He's lucky they didn't remove his son from his care. And in light of that, the court ordering him to not spank his child is tame. He should fall to his knees and thank the judge for not taking his son and sending him to a foster home.

~Bang

Archived