Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Snyder Dusts Off 200,000 Name Waiting List Claim

Horatio

Not to nitpick, but I think we are closer to 75,000 GA seats now. It was around 63,000 in 1997, and the team has since added about 13,000 seats.

QUOTE]

per the Redskins media guide (available on line), there are 33,003 upper level GA seats and 33,404 lower level GA seats.

The rest are premium or suites: Loge = 2,542; Suites = 5,084; Club = 15,736; Owner's Club = 450; Field Club = 1,485.

That's 66,407 GA seats. The rest are "premium" and exempt from revenue sharing.

Thanks for the info.

Sometimes I even wonder if all the GA seats are sold every game, or does Snyder categorize even so many of those as premium as Tailgate/TD seats, even if they're not sold. Either way, it seems like he's been pretty creative in getting around the blackout rule.

The GA tickets are sold out every game. Otherwise there would be a blackout. Blackout only applies to the GA seats.

The premium seat thing is just what everyone is doing. That's why all the new stadiums, of which Cooke's new stadium design, are so configured and fixated on "premium" seats and suites. The team doesn't have to share that revenue.

If the product was of higher quality, the list would be fully intact and dynamic. Right now, a lot of people have probably lost contact.

I'm not talking about just people on the waiting list. I'm talking also about season ticket holders who have been miserable. It's been painful.

We really don't have a home field advantage right now.

Maybe when 20,00 season ticket holders don't renew, the eyes of management will be opened.

March 2 is just around the corner. People are holding onto their money.

I just hope they don't just focus on filling the stadium with fans of other teams. It is getting old.

The GA tickets are sold out every game. Otherwise there would be a blackout. Blackout only applies to the GA seats.

The premium seat thing is just what everyone is doing. That's why all the new stadiums, of which Cooke's new stadium design, are so configured and fixated on "premium" seats and suites. The team doesn't have to share that revenue.

Ok, but here's my question:

I was a club seat holder for 10 years, and last year was my last. As one of the people who responded to the blog linked in McKenna's article noted, last year for every game I got an e-mail with an offer to buy additional premium seats.

Now, did general admission season ticket holders get similar e-mails with offers to buy additional GA seating?

If so, which vehicle were the Skins using to sell these seats through?

Mark and RFKFedEx might have additional insight on this, but I wonder if the Skins, through their partnership with Stubhub, place tickets on the site for sale, and then can claim that the seats were "sold" to a broker, even if they might never be purchased by anyone.

Also, as others have said, McKenna has always seemed to have an agenda, but I do recall an article he wrote a couple years ago in which he claimed he went up to the stadium ticket window on numerous occasions on game day and was told that seats were available for that game. He didn't specify whether the seats were premium or GA. Has anyone else ever tried to do this?

I signed up for season tickets in 2006 and got them last summer (2008). I was surprised as there are plenty of people here who claim it took them years and years to get their tickets.

I then read a post on here that said there's a rumor that the Redskins ticket office gives priority to certain zipcodes.

I signed up for season tickets in 2006 and got them last summer (2008). I was surprised as there are plenty of people here who claim it took them years and years to get their tickets.

I then read a post on here that said there's a rumor that the Redskins ticket office gives priority to certain zipcodes.

I signed up about 5 years ago for giggles and I've gotten a letter the last three years offering me tickets. It wouldn't surprise me if they target zip codes with higher earning per household.

Which Annapolis would fall into.

Ok, but here's my question:

I was a club seat holder for 10 years, and last year was my last. As one of the people who responded to the blog linked in McKenna's article noted, last year for every game I got an e-mail with an offer to buy additional premium seats.

Now, did general admission season ticket holders get similar e-mails with offers to buy additional GA seating?

Mark and RFKFedEx might have additional insight on this, but I wonder if the Skins, through their partnership with Stubhub, place tickets on the site for sale, and then can claim that the seats were "sold" to a broker, even if they might never be purchased by anyone.

Also, as others have said, McKenna has always seemed to have an agenda, but I do recall an article he wrote a couple years ago in which he claimed he went up to the stadium ticket window on numerous occasions on game day and was told that seats were available for that game. He didn't specify whether the seats were premium or GA. Has anyone else ever tried to do this?

I have a pair in 446. I used to get invitations to buy additional GA seating - but as season tickets. I was offered up to four or six additional seats to buy. No waiting list. I was allowed to cut in front of all those on the waiting list and buy seats. All I needed to do was pay for them. But, the stipulation was I had to buy them in the same section that my other seats were in, and they would have to be seats in the upper rows that had just opened up due to upgrades. This was about the same time the Redskins began charging the $50 new seat fee (it's now $100). I haven't received this invitation lately though. There are threads in the archives on this.

Which vehicle were they using to sell? The ticket office.

I don't believe the redskins do what you describe. I think they have a certain number of seats they keep open in hopes of selling to new tailgate club members. I am also quite sure they have blocks of seats reserved in hopes of luring corporate parties.

As game day approaches and these seats are not yet sold, they have to sell these tickets. I think they've used a number of vehicles to sell over the past few years, including stubhub, ticketmaster, and ascticket.

I am sure these seats are considered premium seats, even though they are in the GA areas. Therefore I think they are exempt from the sellout rules.

When they add you to the season ticket waiting list just for watching a video on redskins.com ? Since registration is required to watch them, and they automatically add you to the waiting list when you register. I've been spammed to buy season tickets in 2 or 3 different email accounts because I can never remember my login to the site.

I didn't know the tickets had to be bought for the entire season, as long as they were for that game they were considered sold out.

Doesn't Snyder have to buy them all or something so the games aren't blacked out?

Someone has to buy them. I wouldn't be surprised if StubHub or some other broker was involved in some way, as mentioned above. Another party that sometimes becomes involved in buying up tickets is the local TV station(s). That was reported to have happened up in Minnesota when they seemed headed for a blackout.

When they add you to the season ticket waiting list just for watching a video on redskins.com ? Since registration is required to watch them, and they automatically add you to the waiting list when you register. I've been spammed to buy season tickets in 2 or 3 different email accounts because I can never remember my login to the site.

There was probably a box that you can un-check on the registration form. They do that in hopes that you will leave it checked so they can spam you (even though it's technically not spam, because technically you asked for it, but anyway...). I get several e-mails a year offering Club Level, Tailgate Club, Loge, etc. The expensive seats are yours...for a price. I've been on the GA list since 02 at least. I've never gotten a call or an e-mail for those, but I've moved several times, so my name could have come up without me knowing about it. I live too far away to go to the games now, regardless; not to mention that I have to work Sundays.

Doesn't Snyder have to buy them all or something so the games aren't blacked out?

If it gets to this point, which isn't outside the realm of possibility considering the market and the dropping value of these tickets, I'm sure he will be called a hero on here by some - for allowing us all to watch his team on TV.

Although, this would be the equivalent of me writing myself a check to pay for the TV that is already paid for and sitting in my living room.

I have a pair in 446. I used to get invitations to buy additional GA seating - but as season tickets. I was offered up to four or six additional seats to buy. No waiting list. I was allowed to cut in front of all those on the waiting list and buy seats. All I needed to do was pay for them. But, the stipulation was I had to buy them in the same section that my other seats were in, and they would have to be seats in the upper rows that had just opened up due to upgrades. This was about the same time the Redskins began charging the $50 new seat fee (it's now $100). I haven't received this invitation lately though. There are threads in the archives on this.

Which vehicle were they using to sell? The ticket office.

I don't believe the redskins do what you describe. I think they have a certain number of seats they keep open in hopes of selling to new tailgate club members. I am also quite sure they have blocks of seats reserved in hopes of luring corporate parties.

As game day approaches and these seats are not yet sold, they have to sell these tickets. I think they've used a number of vehicles to sell over the past few years, including stubhub, ticketmaster, and ascticket.

I am sure these seats are considered premium seats, even though they are in the GA areas. Therefore I think they are exempt from the sellout rules.

Mark, thanks for the clarification.

It still does make you wonder how many seats the Skins have blocked off for the purposes you describe. Heck, I even wonder about the uppers as well. If you looked up at the UL seats this season, you saw a bowl that was 20-30 percent vacant during large amounts of the game, perhaps excepting Pittsburgh and Dallas. Are all those empty seats due to no-shows or random folks walking the concourse?

Snyder should end this whole "premium seat" garbage. They should be offered as regular seats at REASONABLE PRICES to season ticket waitlisters. Prices for tickets in the whole stadium should be lowered as well. This is a brutal economy and the team should get with the times. The fans have been gouged for long enough.

Bring back the average fan, and end all this corporate seat crap!!!

Anyone who's a season ticket holder or on the waiting list gets that email. For most games, the only tickets available are premium seats. For some lesser interesting games there will be maybe a couple hundred GA tickets available through the ticket office in the form of tickets set aside for media employees and employees/family of the opposing team. Most games the only tickets available through the ticket office are premium seats.

I know there's some shadiness with the list but, as far as sellouts are concerened, yes, all GA seats have been sold out since 66 and there absolutely is a wait to get GA season tickets. Synder's going to be struggling to sell all those club and premium seats, though, it's going to take a lot of change before we stop seeing all those empty yellow seats all the time.

I went last week to the Kings game and there were PLENTY of open seats.

Sure, a weeknight game against a western conference team will be tough....but they still will break their home sellout record this year and this is solely due to the fact that they are an exciting, winning team now. This is exactly the original point I was trying to make.

If you looked up at the UL seats this season, you saw a bowl that was 20-30 percent vacant during large amounts of the game, perhaps excepting Pittsburgh and Dallas. Are all those empty seats due to no-shows or random folks walking the concourse?
There's always been empty seats up there, especially in the corners. Do those people move to other empty seats on the sidelines? I don't really know.

I think early in the game, those seats are empty because it takes so long to get up there.

2230839358_57a9000d45_b.jpg

DSC00987.JPG

If it gets to this point, which isn't outside the realm of possibility considering the market and the dropping value of these tickets, I'm sure he will be called a hero on here by some - for allowing us all to watch his team on TV.

Although, this would be the equivalent of me writing myself a check to pay for the TV that is already paid for and sitting in my living room.

Worse yet, having to give the visiting team half of the sold out stadium, which is what happens in the revenue split.

Any bad news about the team is BS! Right homer?

There is nothing any-capitalism about exposing a claim that rings hollow about the state of the franchise. This last year saw some absolutely humiliating moments for the stadium. Pretending that people are banging the doors down to get in is nonsense right now.

having said that the solution is simple: win.

Win or make the experience better and/or cheaper.

Nice pics Mark. In that second one, less than 4 minutes left in the first quarter and still a crapload of empty seats in the upper deck. You mean that there are THAT many no-shows, people are wandering the concourse, or they're still trekking up from the parking lot?

Why do some people even go to games?

Snyder should end this whole "premium seat" garbage. They should be offered as regular seats at REASONABLE PRICES to season ticket waitlisters. Prices for tickets in the whole stadium should be lowered as well. This is a brutal economy and the team should get with the times. The fans have been gouged for long enough.

Bring back the average fan, and end all this corporate seat crap!!!

Can't do it. It's not a money-maker and makes too much sense. :rolleyes:

Archived