Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Si.Com: A-Rod tested positive for Steroids in 2003

ECU-ALUM

Yes, they all did it. Of course they did.

And the biggest finger should point at Bud Selig and the Players Union. There was no real deterrent to 'roiding up and tremendous pressure to do so.

Baseball should stop moaning, accept the fact that it had a decade affected by performance enhancing drugs, slap an asterix into the record books and move on.

Please indulge me in a scenario.

Which is the greater sin or are they equal?

Player A grew up in the United States and had any opportunity succeed. He even had baseball players in his family. Because of great talent and hard work, he was a very successful player who didn't need steroids to be great, but he took them anyway out of jealousy of others success who were taking them.

Player B grew up dirt poor in the Dominican Republic. His father vanished and his mother died under suspicious circumstances, and B had to raise several siblings on his own working in a sweatshop. His natural talent got him out of abject poverty to the US minor league system, but he needed something "extra" to ensure that he would stick around and make a living playing baseball.

A is Barry Bonds. B is Miguel Tejada.

Hmm Bonds and who Sosa, A Rod or that dude in St Louis?

Equal obviously, but people The media aka sportswriters who despise Bonds and want to whitewash his accomplishments will forgive A-Rod.

Frankly I don't care, if 80% of league used a form of PEDs its not like everyone was successful like the select few.

I wonder if the guys in the 70s and earlier, who were taking speed but are considered pristine, were playing today wouldn't take PEDs to make the multi millions.

The players though would be fools to trust anyone when it comes to their privacy rights in the future but hey if the media will leak top secret info to undermine err so the world will see us in a different light they obviously looked at this as justifiable

Baseball while infinitely better than soccer is still an activity viewed by those who on that particular day don't enjoy picnics, the beach,or sightseeing during a period of the year void of the best sport FootBall.

But I am rooting for the Yankees to win it all.

you trying to compare home runs to something as hard to do as TDs?

you can get a TD passing or rushing. you can only get a HR one way.

You think baseball's home run record is more important? i dont think so...

You can get those inside the park homeruns and homeruns come easier in the very small ballparks or places like Colorado

I can't believe anyone applauds ARod for admitting he did something AFTER he gets busted it. Especially after lying about it on 60 minutes. It's a joke if anyone thinks ARod is doing anything but attempting to cover his own butt. A-Rod is nothing but a liar.

:doh: Just when I thought there was one honest player in Baseball.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/baseball/mlb/02/07/alex-rodriguez-steroids/index.html

I've been calling him A-Fraud ever since he left the Seattle Mariners. I'm not a huge baseball fan anymore, but the best game I ever went to was the Mariners vs Texas, A-Frauds first game back in Seattle. You could hear the boo's for miles away. He used to be king in Seattle, and after his lil fit throwing fiasco, local saw the true A-rod. I'm not surprised that he did roids....just surprised it took this long to get out in the open.

here is what always comes up for me. Why in the hell is Pete Rose banned for life, but we have these dumbasses continue to play, and have totally ruined the game? Just doesn't make sense to me at all.

EVERY dugout has a sign saying no gambling. He did. Then, he signed an admission that said he would be banned for life. He dug his own grave.

Smoke crack and your a hero.

Shoot roids and your a zero.

Smoke crack and you go to jail for a very very very long time.

Shoot roids and you get paid millions upon millions, unless you're the scapegoat (Barry Bonds).

Baseball is a business. Before the "steroid era" their (owners) product was slumping and it literally needed a shot in the arm to bring it back to life. The league/owners could've curbed it's use a long time ago but chose not to. The players were just doing what they had to do to keep up with the competition and keep their jobs. Are the players victims? No. Do they deserve some of the blame for deceiving the fans? Yes, but the league and owners deserve more.

Go CUBBIES!

• 2 weeks later...
Smoke crack and you go to jail for a very very very long time.

Shoot roids and you get paid millions upon millions, unless you're the scapegoat (Barry Bonds).

Baseball is a business. Before the "steroid era" their (owners) product was slumping and it literally needed a shot in the arm to bring it back to life. The league/owners could've curbed it's use a long time ago but chose not to. The players were just doing what they had to do to keep up with the competition and keep their jobs. Are the players victims? No. Do they deserve some of the blame for deceiving the fans? Yes, but the league and owners deserve more.

Go CUBBIES!

Aramis Ramirez is the freaking man. ALL HAIL RAMMY!!!!!

MESA, Ariz.-- While the baseball world anxiously awaited Alex Rodriguez's first day at Yankees camp, Aramis Ramirez said it's time to reveal the full list of 104 players who tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs in 2003.

"I think so, because (if not) then everybody is going to be looking over your shoulder, saying, 'They might have did it, they might have did it,' " he said. "Let's just get it over with."

Without being asked, Ramirez volunteered he has never done steroids or any performance-enhancing drugs. He doesn't accept Rodriguez's recent statement during an interview with ESPN that taking steroids was simply part of baseball's "culture."

"People say it was the culture, but it wasn't," Ramirez said. "Not everybody used it. I didn't do it. I know a lot of guys I'm pretty sure didn't do it. Whoever did it, they made that choice and did it. But not everybody did it."

Ramirez also said fans shouldn't distrust all players because A-Rod was using steroids.

"You can't judge everybody by one guy," he said. "In every sport, people cheat, and people try to get the edge over the other players. I don't think that's right, but everybody's got a different mentality.

"I guess he quit doing it in '03, and you just go from there. I can't say much about it, because I don't really know A-Rod. But the fans, they can't lose trust in everybody just because of one guy."

Ramirez said the other 103 players who tested positive in the "anonymous" testing period in 2003 have to be concerned their names will eventually come out.

"Whoever did it has got to be worried," he said. "If you didn't do it back then -- in '01, '02, '03 -- you don't have to worry about it. Whoever did that, they always do it quietly. I guarantee you, nobody knew A-Rod did it. The players, I mean. No players knew A-Rod did it. When they do it, they do it in the hotel, or in the house.

"They aren't going to do it in the clubhouse in front of everybody."

GO CUBBIES!!!

Archived