Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Si.Com: A-Rod tested positive for Steroids in 2003

ECU-ALUM

You just typed in the supposedly vaunted NFL records and i can't name em now! 34? 61,000-something? 6000-something? Nobody cares about NFL records.
Serious question, how much of that has to do with how the the human mind remembers things. 61 and 755 are alot easier to remember than a number with 4 or 5 digits simply because there is less to remember.

and spiff, if you havent seen marino having his butt kissed over and over whenever they talk about QB records then you must tune in late.

I've seen Marino having his butt kissed, but I've never seen the highlights of him breaking the single season TD record.

I've just seen that clip where he's got the hat on backwards throwing the football and throwing a bomb in the mid 80's to a receiver at the Miami stadium with the palm trees in the background. That's about it. I have no idea what any of his records look like when it comes to a highlight reel.

its apparent that you 2 are both bigger baseball then football fans.

Thats an understatement.

Baseball is a game of statistics and numbers. Baseball elitists cling to these numbers like they are the holy grail.

I am not a baseball fan. McGwire made me watch. Put him in the hall. It's funny to me now that all these baseball elitists can't figure out what to do with the "steroid" cheaters, when the whole history of baseball includes lots of cheaters. Cheating has always been part of the game in one form or another.

Face facts, all baseball players used roids. Who cares.

Mcgwire for the hall!

I've seen Marino having his butt kissed, but I've never seen the highlights of him breaking the single season TD record.

I've just seen that clip where he's got the hat on backwards throwing the football and throwing a bomb in the mid 80's to a receiver at the Miami stadium with the palm trees in the background. That's about it. I have no idea what any of his records look like when it comes to a highlight reel.

I dont know what to tell you dude.

and thats Mark "Super" Duper...

its apparent that you 2 are both bigger baseball then football fans.

and spiff, if you havent seen marino having his butt kissed over and over whenever they talk about QB records then you must tune in late.

755 and 61 are really big now because they are broken. they gained momentum when mcgwire came down to breaking it and sosa behind him. and whenever Jr would get hot in the 90s they would talk about Maris. 755 was not really talked about unless they were discussing who had a shot or until Barroids broke it.

Mike, of course the football records are more important, or at least as important on a football pregame show. But go ask people on the street what 755 or 61 means (as it relates to sports), and I guarantee you at least half of them know. Then try it with Marino's records. My guess would be not even 1/4 of the people know.

Before you accuse me of being a baseball fan, please understand, I grew up as an O's fan, and have long since given up :) I follow football a hell of a lot more closely than I do baseball and always have.

Over the course of my life, I probably followed the NBA more closely than anything. And I still wouldn't even begin to make the argument that NBA records have the same cache with people that MLB records do.

Im not the one saying Marino's record is "vaunted". Im just saying it is as big as Maris and Aaron's.
I was agreeing with you (sorry if it didn't come off as that way). No one really talks about records until they are broken or on the verge of being broken.

You'll never hear a baseball announcer say "Smith just hit a homerun, and speaking of homerun's lets not forget the 61 that Roger Maris hit in a single season"

You don't know what to tell me cause you're wrong ;)

Care to revisit that comment about scoring a TD being harder than hitting a homerun? :poke:

Kyle Boller was able to throw the ball 100 yards from his knees.

and you have just lost your "im cool with mike" card. :silly:

I was agreeing with you (sorry if it didn't come off as that way). No one really talks about records until they are broken or on the verge of being broken.

You'll never hear a baseball announcer say "Smith just hit a homerun, and speaking of homerun's lets not forget the 61 that Roger Maris hit in a single season"

:cheers:

muhbad

you trying to compare home runs to something as hard to do as TDs?

you can get a TD passing or rushing. you can only get a HR one way.

You think baseball's home run record is more important? i dont think so...

You're basically proving what I thought originally that you're perception of baseball is a bit biased when it comes to comparing it against football. Not a big deal, but let's be reasonable.

And please, hitting something as small as a baseball at 95 miles an hour 400 feet versus scoring a touchdown? You're out of your mind.

The entire nation was transfixed when the homerun records were broken. The ball that went into the stands and fans fought each other for it because it was in demand and could be sold for tons of case. Contrast that to when Peyton or Tom broke the TD single season record. Who outside of football knew that what was happening? WINNING is all that matters in football. Someone should tell that to our owner.

the hardest thing to do in sport?

boller does suck but he threw the ball 300ft from off his knees.

I can throw a football...so can you. We could probably throw a good spiral after throwing it around for a few minutes.

Squaring up on a round ball with a round bat and hitting it solidly is harder. Not to mention a curveball.

Bollers feat of throwing a football 100 yards is simply a testament to his great physical capabilities. He's gifted, despite being an awful qb.

I can throw a football...so can you. We could probably throw a good spiral after throwing it around for a few minutes.

Squaring up on a round ball with a round bat and hitting it solidly is harder. Not to mention a curveball.

Bollers feat of throwing a football 100 yards is simply a testament to his great physical capabilities. He's gifted, despite being an awful qb.

I can hit a baseball too.

catching a football while outrunning someone just as fast as you and then scoring a TD is obviously harder then you believe.

boller does suck, but it was said just to prove to you that hitting a ball 400ft isnt that big of a deal. boller can throw it 300 from his knees.

apparently HOF voters do because McGwire, Bonds, Clemens, Sosa, & now A-Rod are not getting into the Hall

Exactly and thats part of the reason why baseball has issues.

There are lots of cheaters in the HOF.

You can't just write off a piece of baseballs history that you can't prove, for one, who was and was not on steroids...and on top of all that baseball turned a blind eye to it because the game was in the toilet and steroids saved the game.

Baseball purists are nothing but hypocrits.

Kyle Boller never threw a football 100 yards...and certainly not from his knees.

I think the story was him (and Jeff George and Michael Bishop) could throw a football through the goal post from the 50 yard line on their knees.

70...my bad.

there is video of it too but i cant get to it from work.

Exactly and thats part of the reason why baseball has issues.

There are lots of cheaters in the HOF.

You can't just write off a piece of baseballs history that you can't prove, for one, who was and was not on steroids...and on top of all that baseball turned a blind eye to it because the game was in the toilet and steroids saved the game.

Baseball purists are nothing but hypocrits.

i completely agree

Dammit. I was really hoping he would beat Bonds' steroid-tainted record.

He may, but he will be steroid tainted also.

I would say probably most baseball players during at least a 10 year period from 1995-2004 and maybe longer used some sort of enhancement.

I know A-rod would be found out eventually. No way he's that good without some help.

Archived