Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Si.Com: A-Rod tested positive for Steroids in 2003

ECU-ALUM

I'll say it for him...

"It was planted in a supplement I was taking."

Oh yeah? And this beer was planted in the water I was taking.

You had to bring up beer, didn't you. You had to remind me that even George Herman Ruth used performance-enhancing beverages. ;)

Yeah, because NO ONE in football takes them.:doh:

this is not a story about football. it is a story about baseball. and it was obviously more rampant in baseball then football.

you dont see sack records being broken by people on roids. bruce smith and strahan still hold them. emmitt smith's old broken ass still holds the rushing title and Marino is still the best QB to have played.

this is not a story about football. it is a story about baseball. and it was obviously more rampant in baseball then football.

you dont see sack records being broken by people on roids. bruce smith and strahan still hold them. emmitt smith's old broken ass still holds the rushing title and Marino is still the best QB to have played.

Uh, correction, Vinnie Testaverti is the best QB to have played.

And I'm Fedor.

I think testing positive for steroids in 2003 is very different than testing positive in the past two years. I also think it's dubious that these sealed names can leak out like this.

But his credibility is now gone and we'll be years and years from a legit HR king (Too bad Ryan Howard is already 30).

The Yanks will end up giving him 30 million more to his ridiculous contract for hitting HR milestones. Suckers.

If you want to compare the NFL's testing/suspension policy to MLB's, I'll win that argument all day long.

It might be better, but that's not saying much. Human growth hormone, which is not a steriod, is undetectable for all NFL drug tests. It's been around for over 12 years. The NFL could test for it if they used a blood test, but they don't. Many of the new roids also have a way of staying ahead of the curve in terms of testing. Point is, the NFL isn't clean.

But that's not what makes MLB so bad. What makes MLB pathetic is that they systematically cover up for the players who crap all over their rules. Doesn't make any damn sense IMO.

But that's not what makes MLB so bad. What makes MLB pathetic is that they systematically cover up for the players who crap all over their rules. Doesn't make any damn sense IMO.

The MLB has the most the ridiculously powerful union in sports. The only way this ARod story got out was thru a subversive leak.

It might be better, but that's not saying much. Human growth hormone, which is not a steriod, is undetectable for all NFL drug tests. It's been around for over 12 years. The NFL could test for it if they used a blood test, but they don't. Many of the new roids also have a way of staying ahead of the curve in terms of testing. Point is, the NFL isn't clean.

Well said.

There's a monumental difference between trying and failing, and simply not trying.

Really? Obviously? How naive are you?

First off this test was in 2003. That was over five years ago. Second of all, there are entire support systems in football to help mask this kind of stuff, from team physicians, trainers, etc. Third nobody with half a brain takes steroids anymore. They take HGH or something similar that cannot be detected in tests and they engage in blood doping to ensure that they don't get caught.

Really? Obviously? How naive are you?

First off this test was in 2003. That was over five years ago. Second of all, there are entire support systems in football to help mask this kind of stuff, from team physicians, trainers, etc. Third nobody with half a brain takes steroids anymore. They take HGH or something similar that cannot be detected in tests and they engage in blood doping to ensure that they don't get caught.

yes, really. this is a story about baseball. alex rodriguez has NEVER played in the NFL. you can check his stats is you need to.

whats funny is the NFL bans certain things now that will even help mask the use of steroids. ask the Saints about it.

Archived