Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Happy Birthday Bob Marley!

MissU28

I actually had the chance to use one of his songs to teach my students a few weeks ago! One of their vocabulary words was "exodus", so I remembered I had a Bob cd my friend had made me in my classroom and found the song.....

EXODUS! MOVEMENT OF JAH PEOPLE!

They loved it.

I actually had the chance to use one of his songs to teach my students a few weeks ago! One of their vocabulary words was "exodus", so I remembered I had a Bob cd my friend had made me in my classroom and found the song.....

EXODUS! MOVEMENT OF JAH PEOPLE!

They loved it.

I wish I had a teacher with that kind of creativity. A well taught lesson MissU.

Jah! I'll be playin' some Bob today.

Show some respect:cool:

:applause:

A prophet. One of the most important artists of the century. And taken from us way too soon.

It's amazing to me how many people who claim to "like" or even "really like" Bob Marley own Legend and nothing else. There are soooo many great songs that they're missing. And his live stuff is killer. Wish I had gotten the opportunity to see it for myself.

RIP Bob. Truly a legend.

As a side note I miss the late eighties and early nineties when Reggae festivals were the rage. Had a lot of fun at those.

There is a Reggae fest every year at the Lingonior Winery in MD. They have three wine festivals a year on their proporty. Last year it wa a bayou fest (New Orleans theme, brass bands) a Reggea Fest (Steel drum bands) and an all around Caribbean theme last August. they also had a "Murder Mystery Dinner" in Sept. It was like "Clue" and it actually was a lot of fun. Anyways, yeah Reggae fest every year.

There is a Reggae fest every year at the Lingonior Winery in MD. They have three wine festivals a year on their proporty. Last year it wa a bayou fest (New Orleans theme, brass bands) a Reggea Fest (Steel drum bands) and an all around Caribbean theme last August. they also had a "Murder Mystery Dinner" in Sept. It was like "Clue" and it actually was a lot of fun. Anyways, yeah Reggae fest every year.

Glad to see someone, somewhere still can enjoy them! Awful long way for me to go though. :silly:

It's hard to fathom how wide ranging and powerful his influences would be today had he not been taken so early.

Heck he's my daughters favorite artist.

:peace1:

His music is timeless and enduring. I suspect one day he will be your granddaughter's favorite artist.

It's hard for me to fathom how powerful his influence was even in his short time. The power of his words, music and personality was instrumental, I think, in helping to open people's eyes to racism, apartheid and poverty around the world, especially in African nations, and in rallying people around the causes of freedom and peace. When Zimbabwe achieved independence in 1980, Bob Marley was invited to perform a concert at the first ever independence day celebration, for 100,000 people. That's amazing.

Archived