Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Roy Williams rips Cowboys

addicted

More drama from Cowboy country....

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/013109dnspocowboyswilliams.2e48ef5.html

Receiver Roy Williams went public with his displeasure about the Cowboys' offense on Friday in a series of radio interviews.

He said the Cowboys had "the easiest offense to figure out" and that his former team, the 0-16 Detroit Lions, practiced harder than the Cowboys. On ESPN-FM 103.3, Williams said the Cowboys need to move people around just to change things up.

"But, like I said, I'm a coachable wide receiver," Williams said. "I'll run what I'm supposed to run. And I'll continue to have the cornerbacks ask me, 'Why do they got you running this same thing over and over again.' "

Williams was acquired at the trade deadline, and it was thought he could help take pressure off Terrell Owens. But Williams, who had 19 catches for 198 yards and one touchdown, made no real impact.

At one point, Williams said of quarterback Tony Romo sits to pee, "The gunslinger ain't looking my way." Williams also claimed learning the playbook wasn't an issue.

"I've done swallowed that thing whole," he said.

Williams had at least one idea how he could get more involved.

"We can start with like a slant or something," Williams said on 103.3. "I feel like I'm a pretty good receiver. I can catch a slant and turn it into a 20-yard gain or something, but I didn't run a slant this past season until the Philly game."

More drama from Cowboy country....

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/013109dnspocowboyswilliams.2e48ef5.html

Receiver Roy Williams went public with his displeasure about the Cowboys' offense on Friday in a series of radio interviews.

He said the Cowboys had "the easiest offense to figure out" and that his former team, the 0-16 Detroit Lions, practiced harder than the Cowboys. On ESPN-FM 103.3, Williams said the Cowboys need to move people around just to change things up.

"But, like I said, I'm a coachable wide receiver," Williams said. "I'll run what I'm supposed to run. And I'll continue to have the cornerbacks ask me, 'Why do they got you running this same thing over and over again.' "

Williams was acquired at the trade deadline, and it was thought he could help take pressure off Terrell Owens. But Williams, who had 19 catches for 198 yards and one touchdown, made no real impact.

At one point, Williams said of quarterback Tony Romo sits to pee, "The gunslinger ain't looking my way." Williams also claimed learning the playbook wasn't an issue.

"I've done swallowed that thing whole," he said.

Williams had at least one idea how he could get more involved.

"We can start with like a slant or something," Williams said on 103.3. "I feel like I'm a pretty good receiver. I can catch a slant and turn it into a 20-yard gain or something, but I didn't run a slant this past season until the Philly game."

A 1st, 3rd, and 6th for that? I almost feel bad for Dallas. They really need to blow up the team and coaching staff and start over. There is just way too much going on and way too many hidden agendas.

"I'll run what I'm supposed to run. And I'll continue to have the cornerbacks ask me, 'Why do they got you running this same thing over and over again.' "

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

This is too good to be true. :notworthy

What's next? :munchout:

Let the good times roll, and he had the audacity to say that he can take slant pass and go 20 yds, what planet is he on? It is very well known that Williams doesn't have speed. He has size and good hands but speed isn't his forte.

I'm even shocked that he made a comment about the practice regiment. In Detroit, he was known for not going full speed in practice. Other players, coaches, FO, and basically everyone questioned his work ethic. This is a case of the Pot calling the Kettle: Black. :helmet:

:dallasuck

This is just more of the mediots hating on Jerrah. Look, Jerrah has one of the most profitable franchises in sports and he's not shy about paying money to get established veteran stars. After all, the draft is just a crapshoot. At least Jerrah tries to build a winner. Do you think the Cowpukes' fans would rather have an owner who won't pay to bring in talent? And don't forget that they had an established need at that position after T. Glenn went south.

Jerrah has learned the lessons from his past mistakes so I don't think there's any reason to worry about this signing or anything else about how he's running the team. Nope, Jerrah's a great owner...just like someone else. ;)

This is just more of the mediots hating on Jerrah. Look, Jerrah has one of the most profitable franchises in sports and he's not shy about paying money to get established veteran stars. After all, the draft is just a crapshoot. At least Jerrah tries to build a winner. Do you think the Cowpukes' fans would rather have an owner who won't pay to bring in talent? And don't forget that they had an established need at that position after T. Glenn went south.

Jerrah has learned the lessons from his past mistakes so I don't think there's any reason to worry about this signing or anything else about how he's running the team. Nope, Jerrah's a great owner...just like someone else. ;)

Al Davis? :D

:notworthy:notworthy

Painfull but true.

And to think Garrett got head coaching consideration. I really wonder if this is just Roy Williams whining about not getting the ball or really about how predictable their offense is.
Williams is far from the first player to call the Cowboys' offense simple. He isn't even the first Cowboy to say so. Both Romo sits to pee and T.O. have blasted Garrett's offense as well.

Some more on his Lions' harder practice comments: http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/01/31/roy-williams-clarifies-lions-work-harder-than-cowboys-comments/

Via the Dallas Morning News' Tim MacMahon, Williams showed up on the Ben & Skin Show:

"The practices in Detroit are a lot more difficult than they are in Dallas," Williams said. "Rod Marinelli had us moving at a faster tempo. The receivers were blocking downfield after every run and every catch, no matter who ran the ball or who caught the ball. We called it convoy. Obviously, we were getting conditioning in at the same time. That's why I felt like it was more of a difficult practice in Detroit than it is in Dallas."

Again, it's tough to take issue with Williams' initial comments, particularly when you read this, also from his Ben & Skin stint: "I tried to do it when I first got [to Dallas], but none of the guys were catching on, so I felt like an idiot running out there by myself," Williams said.

The Cowboys and Skins are cut from the same cloth and build their teams the exact same way.

Both teams will be mediocre for years.

Otherthan Portis spouting off, who else on the Redskins has lambasted the offense, the coaches and each other. The cloth the Cowboys are cut from is coming apart at the seams. The Redskins are at least positive and not ripping each other.

ouch

That said, the fact that we Redskin fans are able to laugh at the Cowboys tells us how bad things really are over there OLS

Archived