Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bad Drivers Thread

ljs

Bad drivers? I'd like to nominate Lori.

Hey, them cops drive like crazy! :D

haha...I do have to remind myself that my 4 runner doesn't corner like the police cruiser!

But last night tops the cake....a guy was smoking a bowl. I was taking the exit off the freeway, and he was taking another exit...those exits meet and merge to a 4 lane road. Well, I see him coming, so I slow and look over to let him go first. That's when I see a dark colored glass pipe that he's holding right up to his mouth, and lighting it w/ a lighter. He looked right back at me and I'm sure he knows I saw him.

Woman, 77, handcuffed after wild Port Orange ride

By LYDA LONGA

January 29, 2009

Pedestrians ran in every direction and a woman and her dogs jumped into a lake as a 77-year-old motorist led officers on a wild, yet slow, ride through the hub of Port Orange near City Hall.

About four hours before Veronica Hollifield drove erratically through City Center on Monday afternoon, though, she crashed into two vehicles in Daytona Beach -- leaving the scene of each accident, police there said. Then seconds before she went on her driving escapade, Hollifield vandalized the lobby of a church on Clyde Morris Boulevard, according to a Port Orange police report.

In the end, Hollifield was handcuffed and taken into custody under the state's Baker Act. The law allows authorities to detain individuals who may be a threat to themselves or others.

The police report prepared by Port Orange officers involved in pursuing Hollifield -- at 10 to 15 mph -- reads like the plot of a zany movie with pedestrians running for their lives while Hollifield drove erratically in City Center at a time of day when plenty of people of all ages were out and about -- just after 5 p.m.

But before people were sent scampering near City Hall, Hollifield showed up at Our Lady of Hope church on Clyde Morris and created havoc in the lobby area. She knocked over chairs, a table and ripped a painting off the wall, according to the police report. Church employee John Rogers pleaded with her to stop, to no avail.

That's when Hollifield headed outside, climbed into her 1999 Toyota and began driving in circles in the church's parking lot, police said.

When officers arrived at the church, Hollifield took off and headed toward the Amphitheater parking lot, then onto the sidewalk at City Center Circle, where she weaved in and out of trees, the report states.

The situation just went downhill from there.

While officers attempted to stop Hollifield, she refused several times, yelling "No!" At one point, a policeman ran alongside her car and was able to open the door and grab Hollifield's left arm. But that only strengthened her resolve. She put the car in reverse, revved the engine and rammed into the officer's squad car before roaring off, police said. She slammed into another police cruiser moments later.

Click on the link for the full article

I-80 driver had it backward — for 40 miles

BY BOB GLISSMANN

January 28, 2009

The nearly 40-mile trek down the wrong side of Interstate 80 could have ended badly — for the 88-year-old driver and the people in an oncoming car or truck.

But it didn't.

The North Platte, Neb., man drove the wrong way from North Platte to just west of Cozad on Tuesday night. As state troopers tried frantically to get him to pull over, he smiled and waved at them, ignoring the spotlight they shone into his minivan and twice driving over stop sticks that flattened his tires.

I live in Central California and I moved here a few years ago from the East Coast. Now, my problem is with the way people enter the highways around here. I'm talking about in the morning, afternoon, night, when ever. People like to get on the highways around here do 40 mph or sometimes less. That is CRAZY!!! The speed limit on the highways through town is 65 mph or higher. I have seen so many almost complete disasters, right in front me too, getting on the highways. I mean if they would have collided with the cars already on the highway, the wreck would have closed down the highway for a long time. And this is everyday, not just once in a while, I mean EVERY DAY!!! I grew up on the East Coast and drove there for almost 14 years before moving out here and this would only happen one a week maybe. But out here it is EVERY DAY!!! And my problem isn't even with the people doing 40 mph, it is the fact that I don't want to die because someone doesn't know how to merge onto a highway.

25 mph under the speed limit getting on a highway is a VERY bad thing!!!

It was last summer around July 4th, I was going northbound on I-895 in Baltimore approaching the Harbor Tunnel tollplaza. I have EZ-Pass so I stay left, no traffic this day, except there's this dumb woman from North Carolina in front of me. I see her going for far left EZ-Pass lane, so I went into the dedicated EZ-Pass lane next to it on the right.

Before I got there, she cut over like nobody was behind her and got into my lane, and STOPPED at the plaza and planned on waiting until a toll attendant would come and take her $2. I am now blaring my horn at this woman, saying some bad stuff because I didn't feel like getting rear-ended by somebody not paying attention. She starts to open her door, like she was going to get out of the car, I got really irate and just layed on the horn and she looked back like I was the idiot, I shouted that she can't hold the lane like this.

She closed her door and drove forward, but instead of just going to the tunnel and waiting for her ticket in the mail, she decided to turn left and block the EZ-Pass lane on the far left too! Luckily I had barely enough room to move to her right without hitting the concrete, and went on my way, and as I went, I saw the cop sitting just north of the plaza getting in his car to go tell this woman to move it!

Overall, from start to finish the incident only took just over a minute or so, but that's a long time to be sitting still without moving for no reason. I've seen some really idiotic things on the roads driving in this region, but this one takes the cake.

I-80 driver had it backward — for 40 miles

BY BOB GLISSMANN

January 28, 2009

The nearly 40-mile trek down the wrong side of Interstate 80 could have ended badly — for the 88-year-old driver and the people in an oncoming car or truck.

But it didn't.

The North Platte, Neb., man drove the wrong way from North Platte to just west of Cozad on Tuesday night. As state troopers tried frantically to get him to pull over, he smiled and waved at them, ignoring the spotlight they shone into his minivan and twice driving over stop sticks that flattened his tires.

i was reading this and it reminded me of a classic joke.

A senior citizen was driving down the freeway when his wife called his cell phone.

"Herman, I just heard on the news that there's a car going the wrong way on Route 280. Please be careful!"

"It's not just one car," said Herman, "It's hundreds of them!"

What I've seen before and I hate it is when someone empties thier ashtray alomg side the road.

My wife tells me when she was in college she would do her homework driving between Laramie and Rock River (Wyoming) But in them days you could drive for a 1/2 hour and not pass anyone. Had to worry more about stray cattle or antelope in the road.

lj, was that you? :)

'Litterbug vigilante' stops cigarette tosser

Cops look for litterbug vigilante who posed as trooper, stopped woman who tossed cigarette butt

(GARDINER, Maine) Whoever he is, this litterbug vigilante doesn't like to see people flicking cigarette butts from their car windows. Police are looking for a man who posed as a state trooper and stopped a woman in Gardiner who allegedly tossed a spent cigarette from her car window.

Police said the man was driving a red pickup truck with a dash-mounted flashing blue light when he stopped the woman and told her he was an off-duty state trooper.

Police said the impersonator never threatened the woman. He told the woman he had stopped her because she threw a cigarette butt out the window in Augusta. He neither asked for nor showed any identification.

For your consideration, I present the drivers in El Paso, Tx.

- Cars in El Paso must not come with turn signals as standard equipment. I am assuming this is the case as no one ever uses them. On the plus side though, they do let you know they intend to switch lanes by weaving in the direction they want to go for 1/2 a mile or before they make a left turn from the right lane in front of you.

- Speed limits are viewed as suggestions, not a rule. Speed limit is 60 through town? Bah, if 60 mph is good, 70 is better! It does balance out tho, with all the cars with Chihuahua plates going 50 mph. The "suggestion" rule also seems to apply to red lights.

- Ok folks, speed limits do not work in reverse. Once you are out of town and that signs says "70 MPH", it does not mean slow down to 55. Trust me, they are not trying to trick you, those speed limit signs are in fact real.

- I do not feel right if I do not get cut off by tractor-trailer at least three times a week. Now I know why they have such wide shoulders on the roads out here. This is especially true on 375 near the Zaragosa truck border crossing.

- Apparently, those same truck drivers heard how if a car follows really close to the back of trailer, they will save gas. Someone needs to let them know it does not work the other way around.

- They do their part to make sure gridlock is not an issue on I-10 or 375 by going out of their way to block cars merging onto the road by speeding up or slowing down once they see you on the on-ramp. Again, see large shoulders comment above.

- Motorcycles = moving targets, as are dogs, cats, and pedestrians

- Psst...El Paso Drivers...those cars with the flashing lights on the roof? Those lights mean they are in a big hurry for a reason, not a signal to slow down while staying in the same lane.

- I am glad your pickup truck has such a high clearance, but you do not need to demonstrate it for other drivers by hoping the median because you missed your exit off I-10 and cutoff cars on the offramp who did not. This city is not that big, just go the 1/2 mile to the next exit you twits.

I always get a burn out of the clowns driving in the snow that think because they have a big 4-wheel drive, that they shouldn't pay attention to the conditions.

Sure, driving in it is a snap.

The problem comes when you want to stop.

~Bang

A large majortity of the accidents in snow & ice I've seen during my life are SUVs or Trucks. But mostly SUVs.

Archived