ABC News:Another Lobbyist Headed Into Obama Administration

ljs

Why did Republicans change their vote  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Why did Republicans change their vote

• They came to their senses
    • They are hypocrites
    • They are playing politics

I'd bet it's a simple case of one hand talking to the next hand. Still, that's no excuse and it is making him look clumsy and hypocritical if not dumb.

Like this?;)

"What I’ve done throughout this campaign is to propose a net spending cut…. What I want to emphasize … is that I have been a strong proponent of pay-as-you-go. Every dollar that I’ve proposed, I’ve proposed an additional cut so that it matches."

-- Barack Obama, presidential debate, Oct. 15, 2008

Like this?;)

"What I’ve done throughout this campaign is to propose a net spending cut…. What I want to emphasize … is that I have been a strong proponent of pay-as-you-go. Every dollar that I’ve proposed, I’ve proposed an additional cut so that it matches."

-- Barack Obama, presidential debate, Oct. 15, 2008

As soon as the bottom fell out of the economy we knew that was out the window. I don't hold that against him nor do I hold certain campaign promises against him. I know the difference between meat and lollipops.

Funny, but evil pull btw.

ols... Get used to it,gonna be a long four yrs.

I'm hoping only 2-3, but it's going to be a long and painful mess out there even if we do everything right and with anything human, that's a really impossible standard to meet. I'm want a 70% correct decision level, but realistically, I'm just trying to believe that they can reach touch the low 60%'s. I think our last administration was right about 20% of the time.

A funny to make it up to ya

http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk/

Ask The Tax Guys

Expert IRS Advice from US Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner

and House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Charles Rangel (D-NY)

Dear Tax Guys:

I've had a lot on my mind lately, and when I was going through some old receipt boxes in my filing cabinet I suddenly realized I haven't paid my income taxes for the past 8 years. Am I in trouble? Please help!

Forgetful in Fort Worth

Dear Forgetful:

Here at the IRS, we realize that many well-meaning taxpayers like you can be distracted by various family illnesses, baseball pennant races, political campaigns, and so on. The rules for late filing can be surprisingly flexible if you have the right qualifying circumstances. According to IRS guidelines, you are eligible for the 306(B)(19) "I Forgot" amnesty if the following applies:

(1) Your total adjusted gross income in the "I Forgot" years was equal to or greater than $8,528,000; and

(2) You are a nominee to head a cabinet-level federal agency.

If you answered "yes" to (2), or both (1) and (2), then you are in the clear. If you answered "yes" to (1) but "no" to (2), mail 10% of the total to the Democratic National Committee and request a cabinet appointment. If you answered "no" to both, then I'm afraid you are **** out of luck. Turn yourself into your local IRS authorities, who will assist you in computing appropriate penalties, interest, and parole terms.

Tim

PS - If you have any money left, buy a few jars of that 'Ginkgo Biloba' supplement from Walgreens. I hear it really helps with memory problems!

Dear Tax Guys:

I have invested in a number of homes - including a townhouse in Washington, a couple of vacation properties in Puerto Rico, nine or ten rent controlled apartments in Manhattan, blah blah blah. I've been claiming all of them as a primary residence for tax purposes since I can't decide which one I like best. Sometimes my wife invites friends or other people to use our homes for a weekend or a year or two, and sometimes they'll leave a couple thousand on the end table to cover fridge beer, condiment usage, etc.

Anyhoo, long story short, the IRS now says I have to count this as "rental income." I mean, WTF? Like I told the auditor, the whole thing is my wife's deal and she never told me about it because she only speaks Puerto Rican. This only seemed to make him angrier. What should I do?

Nomad in Harlem, Washington, San Juan, and Martinique

Dear Nomad:

It is imperative that you act at once to straighten out your complicated tax situation. First, locate a safe U.S. Congressional district and get elected. Second, get re-elected 15 or 20 times and get appointed to chair a powerful subcommittee. Third, hire a politically connected attorney and twist arms to appoint friendly colleagues to your ethics investigation panel. It might seem like a hassle now, but once you are cleared you'll be free to enjoy your many homes in peace.

Charley

PS - New York District 16 looks promising!

Do as I say, not as I do...

So far, the "change" mantra is right out the window. Many believed this would be the case, but I for one, am still disappointed that real, true change didnt come in with the fanfair that was advertised by the Obama campaign.

more of the same.

Hey, where are all the big O supporters on this topic anyway?

Do as I say, not as I do...

So far, the "change" mantra is right out the window. Many believed this would be the case, but I for one, am still disappointed that real, true change didnt come in with the fanfair that was advertised by the Obama campaign.

more of the same.

Hey, where are all the big O supporters on this topic anyway?

I agree.

Obama had a freaking press conference to announce his new ethic rules and now he is getting waivers against the rules he JUST created! If he was going to hire lobbyists, just hire the lobbyists and don't put forth rules that are worth about as much as used toilet paper.

Cmon now folks. Don't be surprised. I've said it before....meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

And when you make it as far as President, there are a lot of political favors to pay back....this is merely the beginning.

However, Obama was supposedly the first President elected by the people. There wasn't supposed to be any paybacks; not the mob, not the lobbyists. This was supposedly the very first time any POTUS had pulled this off and his supporters were so proud he didn't have anyone to pay off except the people.

Evidently he's the first ever POTUS to hide who the people behind the curtain really were and now he's paying them back. It helps when the media is so enamoured with you and biased that no one knew or cared to know. Funny thing is all the Obama supporters will say "what's the big deal, all politicians do it". Ah, you're right, but that's not the drum being beaten when the campaigns were going on. It's time for CHANGE.

The only thing that changed is the person, we're going to get the same old political bull**** we always get. :applause:

I've said it before and will say it again... I have no issue with Lobbyists and Lobbying. I have no issue with someone who was once a Lobbyist now serving in the Government (as long as they leave their lobbyist hat at the door). I believe Lobbying is merely a part of the way a free democracy in any Republic works.

Now, I may disagree politically with the Lobby, but serving as a Lobbyist should not disqualify someone from serving in Government.

Of course, people serving in Government should pay their taxes. :)

Is anyone surprised? All we heard was how "change" is coming. And look at all the positions he filled- the majority are people who worked in the Clinton administration. So no, this doesn't surprise me at all.

Now this one is pretty easy to defend.

I'm pretty sure noone wants a completely inexperienced cabinet - and Obama certainly wasn't going to fill the cabinet completely full of Republicans.

It's not like he had a ton of experienced people to plug into a lot of these roles - it's been a mostly Republican administration other than Clinton for the past 30 years.

Now this one is pretty easy to defend.

I'm pretty sure noone wants a completely inexperienced cabinet - and Obama certainly wasn't going to fill the cabinet completely full of Republicans.

It's not like he had a ton of experienced people to plug into a lot of these roles - it's been a mostly Republican administration other than Clinton for the past 30 years.

And somehow Clinton Managed...

And somehow Clinton Managed...

Fair enough . . . like I said earlier - I'm not especially happy about this but unlike some I will give the guy more than a week in office before I start to be really critical.

I've got two years before I get to show my displeasure (if there is any) anyway so no point in getting all worked up in the first week.

Fair enough . . . like I said earlier - I'm not especially happy about this but unlike some I will give the guy more than a week in office before I start to be really critical.

I've got two years before I get to show my displeasure (if there is any) anyway so no point in getting all worked up in the first week.

Im not happy either but Im not ready to crucify him yet. He is actually doing everything I expected he would do honestly. I dont think we will really be able to judge his impact and place in history until years after his term is over. I think the same thing is true about Bush. Good or bad, I do not think we can judge him for a few more years. Lets just see how Obama's term pans out.

Im not happy either but Im not ready to crucify him yet. He is actually doing everything I expected he would do honestly. I dont think we will really be able to judge his impact and place in history until years after his term is over. I think the same thing is true about Bush. Good or bad, I do not think we can judge him for a few more years. Lets just see how Obama's term pans out.

I'm not going to judge the job he has done, until he has done it.

But, as far as this goes, it took less than a week for him to be proven a lier.

That's 4 in a row. No new taxes, No BJ, WMD's and now the latest.

I don't think anybody in the thread is judging the job he has done, just pointing out what he is doing, that goes against what he said.

On that note:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=216996&title=obamas-smug-little-bubble

Glad some people's eyes have been opened. And like I've said before, I didn't support or vote for him as POTUS, but we as a nation need him to suceed. He has overtuned policy, just to say "I WIN" (not that he is the only one though)...and now gone against what he said, NUMEROUS times, about not having lobbyist in his admin.

I had a convo w/ a co worker, who is an absolute supporter, but someone who doesn't really pay attention to the specifics. THAT concerns me. Go ahead and support someone, but you really shoudl know WHY you are supporting them. I'm not saying everyone who voted for him did so cause he's black, but I know for a fact that is why she did, and many others.

Archived