Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Buzzbee

warriorz

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Buzbee_s_Rehab_Is__Going_Well__31481.jsp

How do you think he will come back from this injury?

Maybe Phillip Daniels will be back and we'll have Buzbee and Chris Wilson to help on the D-line. That would be a nice addition if he turns out to provide a nice pass rush. We should still probably draft a lineman somewhere this April.

I think hes a longshot to make the final 53 at this point. I think Boschetti is worth keeping over Buzbee.

If there is any upgrading that happens at the DT position, Boschetti will have no chance. The only player who has a chance of not being on the team next year is Griffin, and that's only if they feel that they can do without him. Both Monty and Golston are RFA and are likely to get tendered at the very least. With this same group, Boschetti didn't make the final roster and is only on the roster because of injuries. The year before, he was inactive for most of the year.

Meanwhile at DE, there is the possibility that Daniels and Taylor might not be retained (I actually expect that Daniels will be back. Taylor is an unknown. Certainly not at his current salary.), Evans is an unrestricted FA, Wilson did little last year and then the rookie Jackson, who showed flashes in preseason last year but hasn't proven anything yet.

To be honest he hasn't done anything yet to prove he has what it takes.

One thing in his favor is supposedly he bulked up last season to help make him be more effective vs the run. And reportedly still had his quickness.

I think he is still eligible for the practice squad. And think there is a good chance he will end up on it and unless he can prove himself in the preseason.

We could do with someone around 270 with enough speed to get to QB but as i said earlier he is nothing but a prospect at the moment. One thing i did like about is i saw him in all preseason training videos.

Which shows he has a strong work ethic. And i think that's the only reason they have kept him around.

We could do with someone around 270 with enough speed to get to QB.

Which shows he has a strong work ethic. And i think that's the only reason they have kept him around.

Ya know Greg Blache, he loves hard working players.

And I think that first one is very important, a lot of DE's are pretty light....we need to have some bigger guy that also can stop the run.

I think Blache was really counting on Buzbee. Unfortunately, he was injured on the first day of training camp. He has the speed to get the QB. Works very hard. This is the type of player the Skins need. Soon, the Skins will have to make decisions on Taylor, Evans, and Daniels. Taylor didn't work. Evans will be a UFA, and will be 30 before the season starts. Daniels will not be back. That leaves Carter, Wilson, Buzbee, and Jackson.

Buzbee can play. There were many teams trying to sign him off the Skins practice squad, during the end of the 2007 season.

I've always liked Buzbee much better than Wilson. I think this past season would have been the perfect opportunity for him to open up some eyes, but unfortunately it did not materialize. I hope he can make it back with the team.

Buzbee strikes me as more of a Blache kind of guy, whereas guys like Wilson aren't given much of an opportunity to play because they're just speed-rusher types.

Buzbee is a much bigger guy, with fairly good speed for someone of his build, but gives Blache someone who can play the technique he prefers.

I think of Buzbee as a smaller, but faster Demetic Evans.

I bet he will. He would have last year, but he got hurt. I am pulling for him. Other teams tried to sign him off the Skins practice squad.

He would have last year?

Over who? Daniels, Carter, Wilson, and Evans? Don't forget they draft Jackson and they won't keep him on the practice squad. Enter Jason Taylor and exit Daniels. It ain't happening.

Buzbee strikes me as more of a Blache kind of guy, whereas guys like Wilson aren't given much of an opportunity to play because they're just speed-rusher types.

Buzbee is a much bigger guy, with fairly good speed for someone of his build, but gives Blache someone who can play the technique he prefers.

I think of Buzbee as a smaller, but faster Demetic Evans.

Yeah, I think thats something that Buzbee looks for in his players - the ability to be well grounded defensive ends - not just speed rushers. I think thats partially why the JT experiment didn't work, and why he loves Daniels so much.

He would have last year?

Over who? Daniels, Carter, Wilson, and Evans? Don't forget they draft Jackson and they won't keep him on the practice squad. Enter Jason Taylor and exit Daniels. It ain't happening.

Wow, it seems that the DL is stacked with mediocre talent.

I can see a few guys from this list getting released. Obviously Carter is a keeper, and Daniels may stay for sentimental reasons (not a good reason to stay though). I can see Wilson, Jackson and Buzbee competing for a spot, and Evans may not be back. Wilson has an in-game production advantage over them.

I just hope that we can develop our defensive line into an asset instead of a liability.

He would have last year?

Why did the Skins trade for Taylor? Right, Buzbee and Daniels went down, with injuries. Had they not been injured, Taylor wouldn't have been traded for. Jackson would have been on the practice squad. Buzbee was ahead of him depth wise. Now, Evans, Taylor, and Daniels may not be back. And they don't need to come back. Buzbee will make the team.

I can see a few guys from this list getting released. Obviously Carter is a keeper, and Daniels may stay for sentimental reasons (not a good reason to stay though). I can see Wilson, Jackson and Buzbee competing for a spot, and Evans may not be back. Wilson has an in-game production advantage over them.

I just hope that we can develop our defensive line into an asset instead of a liability.

Evans played better than Taylor and arguably better than Carter, why would he not be back:doh:

Why did the Skins trade for Taylor? Right, Buzbee and Daniels went down, with injuries. Had they not been injured, Taylor wouldn't have been traded for. Jackson would have been on the practice squad. Buzbee was ahead of him depth wise. Now, Evans, Taylor, and Daniels may not be back. And they don't need to come back. Buzbee will make the team.

LOL. Jackson could and should have been on the practice squad. Don't you remember that Vinny didn't want any of his draft picks NOT making the roster????

Evans needs to come back. Are you guys watching the same team I am?

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying Buzbee shouldn't make it, I'm just telling you how think the FO and coaches will take the approach. Personally, I think Carter and Evans should start and will do VERY well if they address the DT spot this offseason, with TWO new starter (one FA, and one rookie).

I think the backups should be Wilson and perhaps Buzbeen or Jackson. Buzbee is smaller than Jackson, not sure how much that will help our DL.

I thought that Daniels was close to running on fumes before his injury. With age, and coming up a serious injury, I think his days are numbered.

From all accounts he was totally re-dedicated and in the best shape in years before the injury. I think he deserves a look-see at the least. But really coming back from a major injury at his age is a long shot and how many more years does he have anyway. His leadership would be sorely missed if he fails to make it back, I hope he does and at least gives us sometime to develop or draft a proper replacement.

Archived