Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Tomlin is in charge

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=68&f=1893&t=3767264

Question: Some of your veterans after the game said you’re a much better coach now

than you were last year, do you agree with that?

Mike Tomlin: I’m not interested in evaluating my performance and, particularly, I’m

not interested in my players’ evaluation of my performance. I’m paid to

evaluate them. How’s your editor doing?

CP supporters would run Tomlin out of town(that means Mr. Synder and plenty of Extremeskins posters) if he dared to say that as a HC here, except for me of course. ;)

I'm not sure I would agree. I like CP, but I would completely take Tomlin in a second.

There was a quote earlier in the year in regards to something Willie Parker said about the Steelers not being a running team anymore.

Every morning I come to work, I walk past five Lombardis, not five rushing titles. The issue is winning. He needs to be a little more careful with things he says and how he says it because it can be misinterpreted as uninformed or selfish, of which he is neither. It (working with two tight end sets) was working pretty good last year when he was leading the league in rushing before he was hurt. It's not working as well right now. But we're in a better position than we were a year ago.

http://steeltradition.com/2008/12/mike-tomlin-hands-willie-parker-his.html

I think Tomlin can handle all sorts of players just fine.

You can't compare Tomlin to Zorn. Tomlin has the support of a great organization that knows what they're doing. There are no authority or credibility issues there, Tomlin is the man. Can you really say that in Washington, where Portis is buddy buddy with the owner?

If Tomlin were our Head Coach, really, I could see skins fans calling the guy too arrogant. If someone gets benched, Coach X is too arrogant. If something is not working, Coach is so arrogant, he refuses to change his scheme..

I like a guy like Tomlin, or a Singeltary, those guys are great when your winning. So is a cub cake like Wade Phillips.

Every morning I come to work, I walk past five Lombardis, not five rushing titles. The issue is winning. He needs to be a little more careful with things he says and how he says it because it can be misinterpreted as uninformed or selfish, of which he is neither. It (working with two tight end sets) was working pretty good last year when he was leading the league in rushing before he was hurt. It's not working as well right now. But we're in a better position than we were a year ago.

This is EXACTLY how you can speak with candor without throwing a player under the bus.

"He needs to be a little more careful with things he says and how he says it because it can be misinterpreted as uninformed or selfish, of which he is neither."

This is a PERFECT example of cautioning/scolding a player while protecting his image. This is what Zorn needs to learn.

Archived