Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who do we draft if the "Big Four" Tackles are gone before 13?

LandryLaysWood

no, no trading down... we're gonna trade rogers and get a 2nd rounder hopefully.

we need to use our #13 pick to get a GOOD player that can contribute.

That's possible. We need to fill holes. I can see your point about keeping the 13th pick, but I'd like to see us trade down one time and pick up an additional 2nd rounder. JMO.

I really don't see Detroit taking a QB with the first pick. I think Mayhew is going to surprise some people and take an O-Lineman with the first pick. Either that or someone on defense. Not a QB. If they want a QB, there will probably be one at the pick they have with the Dallas pick.

gosder cherilus... hahaha

White was a special player in NCAAF. I don't know how his talent will translate to the NFL. He has uncanny vision when it comes to running the ball. He can see lanes open before it happens. We don't have a 4th round pick (i.e., 1st, 3rd, 5th and 6th) I believe. Someone will take a chance with him. I think he will be a boom or bust in the NFL when he gets his chance to play. He was special here at WV though.

He definitely was. I do hope he goes on to do great things in the NFL. I think with his speed and vision he'll make a very good WR and/or PR. I think he's on the same level as Steve Slaton. Slaton got his chance this year and made the most of it.

OK dub v fans, how about Noel Devine!!!

That would be effing awesome. Perfect for next years draft!

Devine can FLY! Once he get's past the line of scrimmage he's a homerun threat. He's quite small though. I don't know how much of a pounding he can take.

I'd be ecstatic if we got:

one of the top 4 tackles

I'd be happy if we got:

maualuga or curry or maybe laurinitis

i'd be ok with it if we got:

raji or maybe cody

anything else, and i'd be extremely pissed.

I'd be happy with one of the top 3 or maybe 4 Tackles.

Have to say I sort of disagree with your LB selections though. Maualuga and Laurinitis are both pretty much purebred MLBs. Taking them that high and then putting them at a different LB position would be wasting talent, and we have Fletcher, who will be with us for at least another season with Blades learning from him and possibly ready to take that role over. Curry is an excellent prospect but 2 things about him. One, he is probably going to be a top 10 pick unless he tanks at the combine. Two, he is much more of a run support, coverage OLB and doesn't do much pass rushing. If we got an OLB, I'd want it to be a guy who can play the run and cover well enough but also be able to pass rush, which is why I'm more of a proponent of Sintim from Virginia.

Raji is an intriguing prospect, to be sure. Cody is not declaring this year. He will be going back for his Senior year.

honestly if you dont trade down and we keep the 13th pick, we have to get DE Michael Johnson, there is no way he slips to the second rd. He could be our Julius Peppers. Many people say hes undersized but Peppers came out of NC 6"6 268lbs. and now hes 285lbs. and a sack machine. The guy has tremendous upside..

honestly if you dont trade down and we keep the 13th pick, we have to get DE Michael Johnson, there is no way he slips to the second rd. He could be our Julius Peppers. Many people say hes undersized but Peppers came out of NC 6"6 268lbs. and now hes 285lbs. and a sack machine. The guy has tremendous upside..

Huh? Peppers was about 290 when he started with the Panthers.

http://archive.profootballweekly.com/content/archives2001/draft_2001/prospects_peppers_022202.asp

"According to Connors, Peppers was clocked at 4.55 on turf in the 40-yard dash before the season. He recorded a 37.5 vertical jump, bench-pressed 420 pounds, squatted 575 pounds and measured nine percent body fat at 6-6 1/8, 290 pounds"

I have no desire to get Johnson. He is 6'7 260 lbs when wet. Unless he puts on at least another 15 lbs he is going to be stood up at the LOS by NFL Tackles with ease.

I like Alex Mack at 13 if a tackle isnt there as well if trading down isnt an option

That would be one of the biggest reaches ever. I haven't seen a single analysis or mock that sees him above the 2nd round. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have the guy. But I'm not sure he is worth a 1st rounder, letalone a #13 overall pick.

I think we need to draft a young running back or two. And another WR. I'm not impressed with either of the rookies...I think we need to find a rookie who has a mature attitude and is interested in playing at a high level.

If the Skins spend any picks on the skill positions (let alone two or three), we should go to Ashburn with pitchforks and torches.

Also, I think we need to find rookies who are interested in getting high and getting laid and could care less about football.

OK dub v fans, how about Noel Devine!!!

That would be effing awesome. Perfect for next years draft!

He's 5'2''. I'll pass.

(In all honesty, I thought Devine was the #1 problem on WVU's offense this year. He can't carry the ball more than 15 times a game even in college. He is easily arm tackled. And he is not particularly shifty. If you give him a hole, he is gone, but how often in the pros is he going to see five yards of space?)

I don't see that many tackles going that early. I think a couple more DEs will get in there as will another CB. Who knows though. This time last year we had Brandon Alberts in the 2nd, Mayo was at the bottom of the first, and Rodgers-Cromartie was a 2nd rounder too. Turns out none of them fell to us. So much fun as this can be to get caught up we need to realize that it is pretty useless until at the very least after the combine, but really until the week before the draft.

Why does everyone see tackle as our first need? We still have Samuels, who's a stud even when he's hurt, and Heyer can replace Jansen and gain some more experience.

No, no, no, no, NO.

Our most glaring need is in the interior - left guard and center, more specifically. Pete Kendall is 36 and I believe he's a FA this year. Casey Rabach has obviously lost another step and we don't have a center to replace him. If Duke Robinson is there, I'd go with him at #13.

If B.J. Raji is there (I'm watching him play right now, incidentally, and like what I see) I'd go with him at 13.

If Michael Johnson is there, I'd look at him at 13.

If it's neither, I'd trade down to the mid 20s and get a 2nd-rounder so we can pick up a DE/DT or a C.

Talking about the draft right now makes no sense....free agency comes first....let's see where we are on March 15th....plus we need to see what juniors declare for the draft.

the only thing I can say for sure is that we can't draft anything other then an offensive tackle, defensive tackle or linebacker.

we can't be drafting a center or guard with the 13th pick....no receivers...I would not draft a corner either unless we somehow signed a RT, LB, DT & DE in free agency.

Why does everyone see tackle as our first need? We still have Samuels, who's a stud even when he's hurt, and Heyer can replace Jansen and gain some more experience.

No, no, no, no, NO.

Our most glaring need is in the interior - left guard and center, more specifically. Pete Kendall is 36 and I believe he's a FA this year. Casey Rabach has obviously lost another step and we don't have a center to replace him. If Duke Robinson is there, I'd go with him at #13.

If B.J. Raji is there (I'm watching him play right now, incidentally, and like what I see) I'd go with him at 13.

If Michael Johnson is there, I'd look at him at 13.

If it's neither, I'd trade down to the mid 20s and get a 2nd-rounder so we can pick up a DE/DT or a C.

You don't get rich picking guards or centers in the top 15. Duke Robinson should be available in the mid to late 20s.

You don't get rich picking guards or centers in the top 15. Duke Robinson should be available in the mid to late 20s.

A difference of 5 picks isn't that bad a difference. As much as I like what we did with the picks, I don't want our 'need' guy to get yanked the pick before ours because it turned out that the team picking before us needed a guard.

Too much guesswork. If we could trade down to #20, I'd pick Robinson there, but he sure as hell won't be there in the 3rd round, so we might have to take a chance.

And no, I never advocate drafting a center in the 1st round, mainly because no one else does, which means you can still get your most talented centers in the mid-rounds.

It's early yet to see who's gonna rise or drop on this year's draft board.

Many of the guys most posters here have targeted will be 2nd rounders, and some will shoot up the board come March.

Wait and see for now. At least wait for the Senior Bowl and Combine then we'll be able to see who's going to be there at 13 for the Skins. Even then, it's not like any of us get to make the actual selection (that'd be nice, though:paranoid: )

Archived