Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who do we draft if the "Big Four" Tackles are gone before 13?

LandryLaysWood

If we can't get some OL help,as many have stated here I think we need help at DT or probabley especially LB.Does anyone see Marcus Washington being around next season.?,I don't because injuries have really slowed him down when he is out there and obviously he has missed some games this year.We need a new good stud to go with Fletcher and Rocky at LB IMO..

Karlos Dansby says hi from the Free Agent class. We could still keep Washington around for depth and then attack the linebacker position in next year's draft.

All of this will change drastically in the next few months. Sam Baker was a top 5 pick this time last year and two years ago Alan Branch was. That said, wouldn't it be interesting to see what the team would do if elite quarter backs fell to them at 13. I don't doubt they would trade 13 to needier teams if that happened, but I bet they would think about picking one. Jason Campbell has been skittish and is developing somewhat slowly.

I was watching All-American RG Trevor Canfield in the Cincy game last night and he's a beast.

He was very good in pass protection but what stood out to me was how he totally dominated defenders in the run game. I didn't see him get pushed back all game. He's 6-5 310 and his stock dropped because of an assault charge last year. He could be some very good talent available with our 3rd round pick.

Trade back and go for Robinison/Mack/Jason Smith

or if they can't

James Laurinaitis

With the tackles gone, I feel like he would be the best player available, but also fits a need. (doubt MWash is coming back) I do agree with the we need to focus on the lines, but we also need good talent.

Laurinaitis is a BEAST! Which makes sense, cuz his father is an Animal. I'd rather see some linemen get picked, though.

Not to be the turd in the punchbowl here, but isn't it pretty futile to be projecting specific players at draft positions right now? We haven't seen these guys in the senior bowl, individual workouts, the combine, etc, and we know that between now and April they'll be bouncing all over the draft boards. I think we all agree with the generics of our draft needs, OL and DL first, but isn't it a bit early to be talking specific names?

Quit being a turd :)

You grab value where you need help. If a stud DT is there, you take him. If a stud DE is there you take him. If a stud G or C is there... etc

If an elite player is there you grab him. We have enough areas of need that we can't really go wrong. T, DE, C, G, DT, LB no matter what the team will improve. Grab the BPA from those positions.

You grab value where you need help. If a stud DT is there, you take him. If a stud DE is there you take him. If a stud G or C is there... etc

If an elite player is there you grab him. We have enough areas of need that we can't really go wrong. T, DE, C, G, DT, LB no matter what the team will improve. Grab the BPA from those positions.

DE is not something we need right now. Carter is a very productive pass rusher when inside pressure is even some what available. The Jason Taylor experiment was a waste. Demetric Evans showed that he is very productive. What is needed is inside pressure to free up the DE's. Without that it doesn't matter what stud DE we will have.

DE is not something we need right now. Carter is a very productive pass rusher when inside pressure is even some what available. The Jason Taylor experiment was a waste. Demetric Evans showed that he is very productive. What is needed is inside pressure to free up the DE's. Without that it doesn't matter what stud DE we will have.

Unless Taylor takes a large paycut I don't see him sticking around. If we pick up Canty in FA then we'd be set but we'd have to see.

Say we dropped Taylor and picked up or Albert Haynesworth or Rocky Bernard...then DT isn't so much a need. A stud DE would definitely be worth considering.

IMO it is likely that FA Gross will be picked up by one of the teams that need OL (Either us or one of those teams picking ahead of us. In this case it is likely one of the top four will fall to us.

Very good point. I'm sure there are likely other guys that climb up different draft boards as well. I was just kind of looking it as a "what if" situation. I do hope we acquire some extra picks because there are a lot of really interesting prospects this year.

Someone posted Oher and trading Rogers for Duke. I'm pretty sure I'd be the happiest person in the world if that happened. I actually think Oher is the 2nd best OT in this years class.

trade down and then draft robinson oklahoma, then trade back up to top of second or bottom of the first to get center from california mack. then this line is a whole lot sterdier than it was last year. we get much younger, faster and stronger. randy thomas should retire, with a bulging disc in his neck he's playing with fire.jansens contract is an issue. how to change it or get out from under it with out gutting yourself cap wise . his contract needs to be redone.springs either does a major redo down to 1.5 mil or he's gone. washington lb is in the same boat and griffen as well.carlos rogers i would like to keep but if gray and blatche are really that unsatisfied as to demote him maybe a trade would be better. ashi from oakland isn't going to go back to that crazy train. granted we are talking major money.duanta robinson from texans is also available, if the texans don't franchise him.again i say the cap is going to play a big role in our success or failure this offseason. if we have no cash we won't be able to do much, but if we get some room we can get more help.we just don't have alot of picks with which to pick with.

Archived