Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Slingin' Sammy has died. (Merged)

Larry Brown #43

What a wonderful man this was to the game of football.

Having been to the Hall of Fame for the first time this summer for Art and Darrell, I never realized that he was in the inaugural class of the HOF. - It took me about a half second to realize why.

We will never again see a player that not only played offense, defense and special teams, but played a significant position in them all (QB, CB, P), and played them all at record setting ability.

My prayers go to your family Mr. Baugh, and God Bless You.

This quote says it all, THE best football player of all time "Baugh was the best all-around player in an era when such versatility was essential. In 1943, he led the league in passing, punting and defensive interceptions. In one game, he threw four touchdown passes and intercepted four as well. He threw six touchdowns passes in a game twice. His 51.4-yard punting average in 1940 is still the NFL record."

But he always enjoyed football season.

"I'll watch it all damn day long' date='" Baugh, who often sprinkled his conversation with mild obscenities, told The Associated Press in a 2002 interview. "I like the football they play. They got bigger boys, and they've also got these damn speed merchants that we didn't have in those days. I'd love to be quarterback this day and time."

[url']http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3776838[/url]

It is also ironic that I just read his Wikipedia page yesterday.

R.I.P. #33 :notworthy

Archived