Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Bitching aside, what happened to the season?

arice

Here is a real question I have been wondering all day. 6 weeks ago we were 6-2 looking great, improving, and making a run at the NFC East title. Since then we have lost 5 of 6 and are looking forward to having a high draft pick (again). Soooo, what happen. I cant think of anything except maybe Zorn just lost the confidence in his players/ staff. I very easily could be wrong so someone just let me know.

6 weeks ago we were not looking great and not improving. We went 2-1 after the Eagles game but in those three games, we lost to a terrible Rams teams, won a boring game against the lowly Browns with not much offense, and came from behind to win against the worst team in the history of the league.

At some point in time Zorn lost the team. That is my guess. I have no facts to backup my statement. I think it happened after the Pittsburgh game. Maybe something will come out after the season. Who knows.

If it's not Zorn then you can put some blame on the players. Today, the offensive line gave all kinds of time to Campbell who was not sacked. He failed to deliver the ball in a timely fashion.

If it's not the line or JC then you can say the Skins only have Moss at WR. When the Skins put 3 WRs on the field they don't scare anyone.

I don't ****ing know anymore.

So no answers huh. I think we had some hard teams in a row and after we were blown out during those games the team just lost confidence. A Gibbs team never would have played the way theu have over the past weeks. They look defeated t the start of the game. Gibbs was not the best football mind in the world but his players loved him and played hard for him every week.

What happened?We brought in a qb coach to groom a goat in Campbell.That qb coach ended up our OC.Then somehow after a lengthy search,they give the HC job to a qb coach.And let him call the plays.

Well he has failed as of right now.In every job that he's had here with us.

Jason still looks like,well Jason;qb coach failing.

The offensive is atrocious;OC is failing.

He has no control of this team;HC failing.

Honestly, it's not that hard to figure out. The offense completely stalled when things happened:

1. Samuels got hurt, which ended the running game and deteriorated pass pro

2. Defenses figured out that if you double Moss, nobody else would be able to beat you. Pittsburgh gave the league the blueprint of how to beat the 'Skins: Stack the box, stop the run, double Moss. Stacking the box has double effect of stuffing the run and harassing the QB because the O-Line can't do anything about it.

3. Zorn had no idea how to adjust, and apparently was arrogant enough to think that he could stay the same and things would get better.

4. There was an unrealistic expectation in the off season that a group of players who could not do any better than 10-6 under a HOF coach could do better under a first year HC. So problems on the team such as depth/starters along the O and D lines were not addressed.

That's it in a nutshell. The team is not well coached and doesn't have talent.

It's not that hard.

We have a very old oline and they began to wear down, plus they started getting injured. That limited some stuff that we felt we could do. On top of that, like with any hot rookie, once coaches get film on them they can begin to disect them and take away what they do best. I think that happened with Zorn's playcalling. He hit the rookie wall. He needs to come back and get better. Finally, this team got too into being medium and forgot the importance of anger and want. We lost our edge and want.

Most of these are correctable. Zorn's a good coach and for a rookie coach did pretty well with a flawed team. He needs to make that jump. I'd give him one more year, but there are some who deserve to be jetisoned. I won't name them, b/c I root for all things b and g during the season.

It's not that hard.

We have a very old oline and they began to wear down, plus they started getting injured. That limited some stuff that we felt we could do. On top of that, like with any hot rookie, once coaches get film on them they can begin to disect them and take away what they do best. I think that happened with Zorn's playcalling. He hit the rookie wall. He needs to come back and get better. Finally, this team got too into being medium and forgot the importance of anger and want. We lost our edge and want.

Most of these are correctable. Zorn's a good coach and for a rookie coach did pretty well with a flawed team. He needs to make that jump. I'd give him one more year, but there are some who deserve to be jetisoned. I won't name them, b/c I root for all things b and g during the season.

Calling Zorn a good coach is a stretch at best. The playcalling seems to ignore player packages, down and distance, and time of game. JC looks like garbage. Loses to the Rams and it took a punt return to beat the Lions. I really dont know what makes you think he is a good coach.

Most of these are correctable. Zorn's a good coach and for a rookie coach did pretty well with a flawed team. He needs to make that jump. I'd give him one more year, but there are some who deserve to be jetisoned.

It's good to hear someone else say that. I don't know if Zorn is the answer or not but I think you have to give him another year. If Danny fired him this season (at the end) no coach in his right mind would come here.

Pittsburgh, Dallas, NYG, and Baltimore right in a row are going to frustrate most any offense and confuse most any QB.

That said, who the hell knows what happened today.

If Zorn has lost them he's lost them because he couldn't keep them together during what could be considered an understandable cold streak on offense.

~Bang

Here is a real question I have been wondering all day. 6 weeks ago we were 6-2 looking great, improving, and making a run at the NFC East title. Since then we have lost 5 of 6 and are looking forward to having a high draft pick (again). Soooo, what happen. I cant think of anything except maybe Zorn just lost the confidence in his players/ staff. I very easily could be wrong so someone just let me know.

Zorn came in fresh without anyone knowing about his coaching style & tendencies. The Steelers finally figured him out and developed a blueprint for all the other opponents. Zorn also lacks the halftimes adjustments needed. The rest is history.

Calling Zorn a good coach is a stretch at best. The playcalling seems to ignore player packages, down and distance, and time of game. JC looks like garbage. Loses to the Rams and it took a punt return to beat the Lions. I really dont know what makes you think he is a good coach.

After losses to Rams and now the bengals Redskin appear to be the worst Team in the league.

Only way this team gets better is getting rid of veterans who are here just for a paycheck. thats means trading popular players that still might warrant some future draft picks. it is obvious this team doesn't care if they win or lose except for maybe 3 players

I'm basing it on the first half of the season and when he flashed. He definately showed signs of being something special early on. I don't ignore that. The question is... can he take the humble pie he was given the second half, learn and improve. Can he make that jump from rookie who flashes to veteran that can be trusted.

I'm an optimist when it comes to the Redskins and so I'm thinking (hoping) the answer is yes. I didn't think the 6-2 was reality and I don't think this stretch is either. Zorn right now is neither as good as that 6-2 or as incompetent as this loss would indicate.

exactly...other teams figured us out. Zorn didnt know how to adjust. The other thing was our offensive line. We always knew they were old but still moderate but this year they ran out of gas. Other thing was defenses showing Campbell different things that he wasnt used to and he need to adjust the protection which hes never done in the NFL. Rabach always held that job.

Zorn needs more time (hopefully the off season) to figure out the offense and get them back up.

Remember the last couple preseason games and the first Giants game and how we struggled looked like ass on offense. It took Zorn about 4 games of not being able to do anything on offense to finally figure out how to adjust. After the 6-2 start, it basically happened again and he just still hasnt figured it out yet.

Joe Gibbs would have never allowed this to happen. If anything and under pressure, Gibbs teams always played strong in December or when we had to. He was one of the best at adjusting the offense when they had to, Something that Spurrier couldnt do.

It's not that hard.

I agree.

Time to draft some young linemen for the next season.

Back in 01 when Marty coached the Redskins, we had much younger and stronger Chris Samuels and John Jansen. We ran the hell out of the ball against opposing defenses despite a limited playbook and QB.

Archived