Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would Fassel have been so bad?

DHECK

Anyone would be better than Zorn. Zorn is an absolute failure, he has lost this team.

Let's see. We started the season 6-2 with a brand new coach, a new offense, and offensive and defensive lines that are held together with rust and spit.

Yes. I guess if you ignore all of the above, then Zorn is a failure.

No doubt Zorn needs to design a more intricate defense and be able to change it up from week to week, but you can hardly call him a failure at this point in time! Some of you Skins "fans" need to grow up and learn a little more about football before you start spouting off!

Well Jim Zorn has never been a coordinator or a head coach. In fact, no other team ever considered him for these positions.

And you think Fassell would have done worst?

Love Fassell or hate him, but you can't deny that at the very least..he has a creative offensive mind.

Can you say that about Zorn?

A few coaches have been that way before most have come out of teh WCO

Fassel is already a failure who managed to lose a team he coached to the super bowl just a few years earlier and at this point he can't even get hired as a coordinator. We were the only team to even talk about him since the Ravens let him go.

Jeff Fisher took his team to the SuperBown and a few years later the team was 5-11. Guess he had lost them and should have been fired and never given another coaching job?

Jeff Fisher took his team to the SuperBown and a few years later the team was 5-11. Guess he had lost them and should have been fired and never given another coaching job?

There is a reason the Fassel was never a serious candidate for any job after 2004. He is not Jeff Fisher, he is a clown whose antics got old in New York and never caught on anywhere else even his good buddy Brian Billick had to fire him in Baltimore

Let's see. We started the season 6-2 with a brand new coach, a new offense, and offensive and defensive lines that are held together with rust and spit.

Yes. I guess if you ignore all of the above, then Zorn is a failure.

No doubt Zorn needs to design a more intricate defense and be able to change it up from week to week, but you can hardly call him a failure at this point in time! Some of you Skins "fans" need to grow up and learn a little more about football before you start spouting off!

To answer your retorical question.......yes you do ignore the 6-2 start, why wouldn't you?

If you finish the season 7-9 or 8-8 who gives a damn what the team's record was after 8 games? The season is 16 games long, not sure if you realize that after your ridiculous post.

As impressive as the 6-2 start was the last 6 have been so much worse. Good teams, well coached teams, get better as the year goes on, this team is easily one of the worst in the NFL right now.

The 6-2 start is irrelevant. The Lions started out 6-2 last year as well, finised 7-9, nobody cares and nobody should.

Fail

There is a reason the Fassel was never a serious candidate for any job after 2004. He is not Jeff Fisher, he is a clown whose antics got old in New York and never caught on anywhere else even his good buddy Brian Billick had to fire him in Baltimore

What antics?

Apparently, beggars can be choosers.

of course. as long as u have campbell, u will be this bad. last yr under gibbs, campbell was stinking it up. he got hurt and collins comes in. that changed everything, campbell was basically having the same season he was thisyr. with zorn, same. with fassel, same.

How about we parcel some blame on the players? Coaching changes have come and gone through DC. Spurrier, Gibbs, and now Zorn.

Through all of that we have not had a consistently good offense. How about wondering why guys like Samuels, Jansen, Portis, Cooley, Thomas, Campbell, Moss, etc. haven't been able to produce a sucessful offense?

I guess its all the coaches. I'm not sure Zorn is the answer but by now I think we know swaping out coaches over and over again isn't going to fix it.

To answer your retorical question.......yes you do ignore the 6-2 start, why wouldn't you?

If you finish the season 7-9 or 8-8 who gives a damn what the team's record was after 8 games? The season is 16 games long, not sure if you realize that after your ridiculous post.

As impressive as the 6-2 start was the last 6 have been so much worse. Good teams, well coached teams, get better as the year goes on, this team is easily one of the worst in the NFL right now.

The 6-2 start is irrelevant. The Lions started out 6-2 last year as well, finised 7-9, nobody cares and nobody should.

Fail

Fail? My point wasnt that Fassell was/is the answer. My point was you have your star RB call you out in the media and you start. You have a pro bowl TE ***** and gripe in the paper and he starts and fumbles and continues to stay in the game. You have a WR that might've caught the cinnci fever and wants to wipe his cletes off. My point is where is the HC???? Then he runs a 3 TE set without your pro bowl RB????

If Fassel had taken Vinny's job, may be we would have drafted some OLine.

But Fassel over Zorn with this OLine? The ghost of Vince Lombardi with this OLine would have a losing season. Add in Madden, Gibbs, Landry and every other coach you can think of. Oh, add Cowher in too. No difference. Without an adequate offensive line, you can't win. Not only is our first string bad, but our second string is basically UDFA.

No OLine = No offense. End of story.

Fail? My point wasnt that Fassell was/is the answer. My point was you have your star RB call you out in the media and you start. You have a pro bowl TE ***** and gripe in the paper and he starts and fumbles and continues to stay in the game. You have a WR that might've caught the cinnci fever and wants to wipe his cletes off. My point is where is the HC???? Then he runs a 3 TE set without your pro bowl RB????

This crap has happened before with this group of players.

WTF was Portis doing calling the coach out in the media anyway? He did the same thing to Gibbs. How about wondering what the hell he is doing? Why should Zorn have to put up with crap like that? Same goes for the antics of Moss/Cooley.

I'm not crazy about some of the decisions Zorn has made either. And the jury is still way out on him. But lets think a little more about this before parcelling all the blame his way.

How about wondering why guys like Samuels, Jansen, Portis, Cooley, Thomas, Campbell, Moss, etc. haven't been able to produce a sucessful offense?
See Heyer, Rabach, Jansen, Fabini, Kendall. (Although I feel bad about naming Jansen and Kendall. Both were studs in their younger days. Come to think of it so was Fabini.) We have a line made up of castoffs from other teams or those who have seen way too many mini-camps, or both. No OLine = no offense.

Replays from over the years:

Campbell [Ramsey, Brunell, Collins] fades back to pass. Pressure up the middle, pressure from the right tackle spot. Campbell [Ramsey, Brunell, Collins] is sacked! Bad Campbell [Ramsey, Brunell, Collins]. Bad.

3rd and goal from the two. Handoff to Clinton [sellers]. Stuffed at the line of scrimmage. Now 4th and goal from the one. Handoff to Clinton [sellers]. Stuffed again for a loss of one. Turnover on downs. Bad Campbell [Ramsey, Brunell, Collins]. Bad.

Lets look at the real, WE HAVE NO HEAD COACH!!!!! This guy likes to flex his muscle against punters, ball boys, and rookies. Our star RB blasts him in public and NOTHING!!!! We have a TE who wants to be a youtube star and coughs up the ball, AND NOTHING!!!!!! Our best receiver causes a major penalty that causes a major swing and NOTHING!!!! There is no accountability on anyone's part, except for the rookies. Maybe a retread would'nt have been so bad after all

Unless Fassel can bulk up and play on one of our lines I don't see how he would help at all.

You make some great points, but it's got to be hard to blast Cooley, the day he breaks a Redskins record for receptions in a season.

Anyone would be better than Zorn. Zorn is an absolute failure, he has lost this team.

I was kinda partial to hiring Williams.....but we'll never know why dumb and dumber chose the way they did. Don't choose the guy (Williams)who had gained the trust and respect of the locker room!! Thats right, give it to someone who couldnt even be the coach of the team that he's a legend on. Think about it people.....thats like Joe Theismann being our QB coach (not OC mind you) and then taking a head coaching job in lets sayyyyy......Chicago!!

Let Zorn stay if he can find a way to control the mobs. One mob is in the lockerroom, the other is on ES. Who in their right mind would give up on a coach after ONE year?? Just as it was wrong to want to sign Zorn to a 10 year extension 6 weeks ago, it's equally wrong to call for his head now. Reason and patience should always win over hotheadedness.

I liked the idea of Fossil with Zorn as the OC. Fossil has a lot of experience and took a team to the Super Bowl. Zorn would have his growing pains but could focus more on the offense and JC while having the support of an experienced HC.

Oh well, everything is 20/20 in hindsight isn't it.

Archived