Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official "Support Clinton Portis" Thread (merged x4) (MET)

SIXX99

There is nothing in his post that contains tangible evidence that this problem is nothing more then a disgruntled player not being used vs a rookie head coach.

Everything listed has already been said on the radio.

And BTW- I might have put more credability into his speculations if he had not sided with Portis going to the media.

Then when I read his signature........................

Yes, your boss can and you can't. Funny it'n it. Zorn also never came across like a whiny little *****, he came across as critical of the teams play when things didn't work as planned. That's what bosses do. Zorn may not be the answer, but this team has continually ****ed and moaned when things weren't going right that it was the coaches fault. I am sorry but I've grown sick of hearing that.

ok, like i said name one other successful coach that does it??

Not bill in NE, not Joe here, Not Tony in indy, Not jeff in tenn...

you are completely oblivious

Ya know, everything that CP was saying is now making more sense. I didn't know what was going on. This sucks. Were starting all over again guys and Snyder is going to make a new fortune off of it. We'll all be clinging to the news and talking about the new hope we got. We'll talk each other into felling all warm and fuzzy again and all is well and we're going well into the playoffs again. We'll get all jacked up and buy new jerseys, go to preseason games, practices and when the beginning of the season comes we'll all be so worked up in a froth over our new hope 92,000 people will pour into Fed Ex and hand Snyder about $100 bucks each, just for that day. hmmmm 920,000 bucks in one day.

There is nothing in his post that contains tangible evidence that this problem is nothing more then a disgruntled player not being used vs a rookie head coach.

Everything listed has already been said on the radio.

And BTW- I might have put more credability into his speculations if he had not sided with Portis going to the media.

Then when I read his signature........................

he posted a similar thread sunday and no one listened...the whole team apparently has no problem with CP speakin his mind, you think he did it without tellin moss? okay...

ok, like i said name one other successful coach that does it??

Not bill in NE, not Joe here, Not Tony in indy, Not jeff in tenn...

you are completely oblivious

Parcells

Gibbs did it too and I've seen Jeff do it do it frankly Dungy is the only one I can think of that doesn't. Belicheat doesn't say anything, we all know that.

Even if it is wrong, one wrong doesn't justify another.

The team was 30-34 under Gibbs. That's nothing to write home about. People were defending Gibbs by saying he didn't cause the dropped passes, and whatnot. The same is true for Zorn. It's about time the players were held responsible. Let's face it, they're not that good, and Zorn is a rookie head coach. It's tough to make a bunch of average guys a playoff team. Gibbs was able to do it. I wouldn't bet on a rookie head coach doing it.

I don't distrust LL at all, he's been right on a number of occasions, but something is off-putting here. I'm of the school that this needs to be in-house and that these players need to suck it up and act like adults. They're paid ridiculous amounts of money to do something they love doing. In the real world, we all have to adapt to different bosses and styles of work. I fail to see why these players cannot. If they truly can't, then we have a bigger problem than I thought.

if you knew you are gonna get paid to show up and play in a game win or lose, and don't like the coach, you don't care if you win. the coaches attitude will reflect on the players attitude. throw players under the bus and expect them to play for you is just plain ignorant.

The Redskins have met the enemy and it is themselves.

Snyder/Cerrato needed to manage the transition of this club and get younger but at the same time they needed a guy with some sense of organization and a resume to appeal to the key veterans that would be part of the bridge.

Zorn doesn't have an NFL coaching resume and got off to a very slow start in implementing his offense. The 2008 draft picks have seemingly not improved a lick from training camp, which is troubling given how quickly rookies have made a difference in Atlanta, Miami and other clubs.

Parcells

Gibbs did it too and I've seen Jeff do it do it frankly Dungy is the only one I can think of that doesn't. Belicheat doesn't say anything, we all know that.

Even if it is wrong, one wrong doesn't justify another.

thanks for makin my point....you have seen them do it...

they dont do it every D*** week like zorn does, he has never once stood up and said i didnt do what i should have, i didnt prepare, i didnt call the correct play....

its always i called the correct play but jason messed it up or CP messed it up or moss messed it up or randle el messed it up...quit cryin zorn

he posted a similar thread sunday and no one listened...the whole team apparently has no problem with CP speakin his mind, you think he did it without tellin moss? okay...

Dude- you are talking like somebody who just visited his first crystal ball reader. Sure he posted this Sunday, heck the media was talking about CP's comments right after the game.

How do you know the teams reaction????

HUh.........what was that, you get locker room access???

And whats with the "FREE PORTIS" in the signature ??

:doh:

thread rated for rich and creamy goodness, but if I could rate the OP's signature, especially if youve read your own OP, it'd be one star.

just because there is this rift doesnt mean its the end guys. just like a family, you have problems, you work through them. hopefully this is being addressed, zorn and portis and the team learn from it, and we emerge a better football team.

remember, Zorn is a rookie, he is not infallable, he will make mistakes along the way.

Dude- you are talking like somebody who just visited his first crystal ball reader. Sure he posted this Sunday, heck the media was talking about CP's comments right after the game.

How do you know the teams reaction????

HUh.........what was that, you get locker room access???

And whats with the "FREE PORTIS" in the signature ??

:doh:

you obviously read didnt read my OP....

its from someone who has sources on the team and you def didnt read the whole OP so until you do how about you shut the **** up

the free portis is somethin me and a friend were jokin about earlier...its probably too complex for you to understand

Good points bd. This is new school vs. old school mentality. I always thought Parcells was an old school guy but he seems to have learned some new tricks. Zorn is old school and demands rookies and youngsters earn their stripes before seeing the field.

If LL is to be believed it's not even a matter of Zorn being old school. It's that his communication skills and direction are so poor that the rookies can't figure out what they're supposed to do.

LL is basically saying that if the play doesn't work out it's the fault of the player, even if they executed their assignment. As a rookie that's a helluva learning curve to overcome.

They've never done it right at this level, and now they don't even know what doing it right is.

Listen, Zorn is a rookie head coach and the fans and players need to take a step back and realize this. Zorn isn't going to come in and instantly be the Walsh in his prime.

I love Portis more than Zorn but Portis needs to take a step back here and know his role. I know he really wanted to have a Miami reunion with the boys at M&T Bank stadium but you go with what the coach says, nothing more or less. These comments only hurt the team.

LL wrote about this on Sunday. CP was on the radio today.... Hello!

The quoted post isnt from Sunday its from today.....

And anyone could tell CP was pissed if they saw KJs interview with him coming off the field after the game.

Archived