Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official "Support Clinton Portis" Thread (merged x4) (MET)

SIXX99

This.
Nope. We have won 1 playoff game during his tenure here. I have tired of his prima donna act. I wouldn't mind him playing for another team next year at all.

Yea. That's great and all. Other than the fact that we have 3 playoff games in his tenure here. With 1 win.

Hell yes I support Portis. This team has NO leaders that speak their mind and are willing to take the reprecusions. HE doesn't care what everyone thinks, he will speak the truth and busts his butt every sunday against all odds.

Our offensive line bites! and truth be told I don't know how Portis gets the yards and how JC is supposed to throw the ball when it looks like a jail break is coming at him every snap.

The line is old and incompetent. It is about time someone raised their voice. I'm pissed that our team is getting humiliated every sunday.

I can see why you would say that, but I disagree.

If the FO chose Portis over the coach, that would not only send a terrible message to any future head coaches, but IMHO, it would have a ripple effect all across the NFL.

Do you not remember the debacle that was the head coach search? Nobody wanted the job. Nobody noteworthy, at least. I can only imagine the Bengals or Raiders being less wanted.

While I may agree with all or some of what he said, I don't support inmates running the asylum. There is a chain of command to an NFL team. The coach is the boss. Period. If players can't/ wont follow the boss, nothing will work right. So, no, I don't support what he did. It bodes very badly for the future to let a star player run the team and call shots.

Yea. That's great and all. Other than the fact that we have 3 playoff games in his tenure here. With 1 win.

1-2 with a "world class" back. Big deal. You can win with an ADEQUATE back in the NFL if you have a great offensive line. Hell, the Skins won the friggin Super Bowl with Timmy Smith. Give me the Hogs and I will win with effing Trung Canidate.

1-2 with a "world class" back. Big deal. You can win with an ADEQUATE back in the NFL if you have a great offensive line. Hell, the Skins won the friggin Super Bowl with Timmy Smith. Give me the Hogs and I will win with effing Trung Canidate.

"If you have a great offensive line."

EXACTLY.

The method or how he did it? no...but I support CP. His play and what what he gives this team speaks for itself.

Zorn needs to assume some responsibility and be consistent. You can't allow something to go on and it's fine when you're winning..then change your tune and sit a guy for not practicing when you're frustrated and losing.

"If you have a great offensive line."

EXACTLY.

But that is my point. Look, this team is not going to win without rebuilding the offensive line (and the defensive line). Keep Portis and this line and I guarantee you a losing record next year.

This is a rebuilding project that could take 3 years or so (well, with Vinny it may never be done, but that is a different story). CP won't be a viable candidate by then anyway. Time to part ways.

Ok. But am I still allowed to thank him for his 5 straight 100 yard performances in the last 5 games of '05 that actually got us to the playoffs?

That doesn't stop anybody here from calling Romo sits to pee a choke artist. What good are the regular season performances if he can't get it done when it matters?

I do support Portis b/c I love the way he plays the game. I do not agree with everything he does, but I believe you have to respect his honesty. I would rather have him be honest than BS everyone and say that everything is great.

Everything isn't great and the organization and fans are getting tired of losing. Winning will do us a LOT of good. I believe Portis needs to be a part of this....for how much longer no one knows.

He plays hard and loves contact and thus does play pretty banged up.

Skins Just win. Please Just Win.

HTTR

That doesn't stop anybody here from calling Romo sits to pee a choke artist. What good are the regular season performances if he can't get it done when it matters?

Romo sits to pee's got a team full of pro bowlers, a dominate WR, a dominate OL, and is considered a dominate QB.

A QB controls the game, a RB does not. For teams that have been controlled by a RB, well we've seen what happens. Chargers? Vikings? Us?

2 totally different situations.

Romo sits to pee's got a team full of pro bowlers, a dominate WR, a dominate OL, and is considered a dominate QB.

A QB controls the game, a RB does not. For teams that have been controlled by a RB, well we've seen what happens. Chargers? Vikings? Us?

2 totally different situations.

Ah, so the RB isn't as important. He's only imporant when he runs hard to get the team into the playoffs, and not when he rolls over and dies in the playoffs. The Chargers, the Vikings both have outstanding running backs. How are they doing? The Vikes are first for about the same reason the Cardinals are.

I don't support Portis in this. Only a prima donna is going to call out his boss in the childish manner that Portis did.

I support the Redskins, whatever happens I'll be there next year just like every year. Portis is a great back, you don't find backs like him just anywhere. Look at Denver since they traded him. I accept the fact that he has voiced his opinion, what is the point of holding something in if it is bothering you? I don't agree like alot of you on how he handled it. He is like some kid that hates his father and the choices his dad makes, so he goes running to his grandfather...J. Thompson and starts crying to him to make it better. Grow up, continue to battle w/ your brothers and handle this **** like men.

Ah, so the RB isn't as important. He's only imporant when he runs hard to get the team into the playoffs, and not when he rolls over and dies in the playoffs. The Chargers, the Vikings both have outstanding running backs. How are they doing? The Vikes are first for about the same reason the Cardinals are.

I don't support Portis in this. Only a prima donna is going to call out his boss in the childish manner that Portis did.

Do you really think the QB isn't the most important skill position on the field? Then why do the Colts, Patirots, Cowboys, and Giants make the playoffs every year?

Teams that make it to the playoffs who are a one dimensional, running based team, RARELY go far in the playoffs. Which is something we've been the couple times we've made it in.

I'd expect that trend to continue.

Archived